Android or Samsung Pay?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I can't get Samsung Pay to work. When I open it for the first time it has my correct samsung account ID to sign in with and when I attempt to I keep getting this error: "Connection error. Unable to connect to Samsung Pay temporarily. Try again later."

It's not temporary. Keeps saying it. Any ideas? Reinstalling didn't help.

EDIT: I just spoke with Samsung who said they're having server issues and many people are experiencing this. Anyone else?
I haven't had issues with mine so far on the S8Plus. The only time it wouldn't work for me was at a mobile pet clinic and I tried to pay on their tablet. Their reader was really shabby and flimsy an that made sense to me. Works for me at Home Depot, Target, Giant Eagle, various vending machines, inside various gas stations, Panera bread, panini's, you name it. Do you have the most updated version of sa.sung pay on the phone?

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Finally struck out taco bell old school register wouldn't work

If it is the same register that has the swipe on the side of the monitor then it works. I've used it plenty of times. I just made sure I held the phone correctly. It's a little difficult because I had to reach over the counter & hold the phone upside down so I had to make sure I was scanning correctly.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Does SP work with "chip reader" only places. Every place I have shoped at that had the chip reader I can no longer swipe, I have to use the chip.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Does SP work with "chip reader" only places. Every place I have shoped at that had the chip reader I can no longer swipe, I have to use the chip.
What is a chip reader only place. So you mean if your card has a chip it has to be inserted (but non chip cards can still slide) ? At places where my physical card must be inserted because it has a chip, my phone still works. That's one of the attractive Samsung Pay things to me - no more "do I need to insist my chip card? No "our chip doesn't work yet" or "yes you do, etc"

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I just used it with my hair stylist, who uses a square CC reader that plugs into her phone...a Galaxy s6. She never activated or has used S Pay, but after seeing that an me telling her about earning points she said she was going to try it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What is a chip reader only place. So you mean if your card has a chip it has to be inserted (but non chip cards can still slide) ? At places where my physical card must be inserted because it has a chip, my phone still works. That's one of the attractive Samsung Pay things to me - no more "do I need to insist my chip card? No "our chip doesn't work yet" or "yes you do, etc"
Same here. I've had no issues with using Samsung pay on a machine with a chip reader. Works just fine.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Tomorrow restarts my purchases so I'll start earning points again. I forget..the max is like 55 or 60 purchases a month.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Also worked at Arbys. Here's the terminal
1d9e46f19bc1ce1473af0eb19d6a5ae2.jpg

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
What I meant, was, any place that I have been shopping in that has the chip reader tell me that sliding the card won't work. Even when I try it any way, the "machine", "tells"me that I have to insert the chip.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm over here just wishing and hoping arvest bank would get in gear and add Samsung/Android pay. They posted article about it like a year ago saying it was coming and haven't delivered.

vecharo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing with my phone this afternoon, and I have to say that the fingerprint position is going to be a major PITA with Samsung Pay. I'm having a lot of trouble getting my finger centered over the reader and having it read accurately. (Worked perfectly with the S6.) The iris scanner is pretty lame, too. (I'm going to use a screen protector, which will screw it up completely.)

If Samsung wanted to kill Samsung Pay, the position of the fingerprint reader is a good way to start.
I just got my S8+ on the 20th and am new to SP. It works very well. I have had a couple of issues and I think it's due to the positioning. I always use the iris to unlock my phone and SP with no issues I have a screen protector and case from Bolt. No issues.