Android or Samsung Pay?

Jamie Stone4

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Maybe if they made it available in the UK. They said it was coming in the UK during 2016. It is now almost May 2017. They are dragging their feet with the release date in the UK just how they are for releasing nougat!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I used my Gear S3 for a transaction and the girl said ooh you need to swipe your card and I replied it's waiting on you to complete the transaction she didn't even notice me use SP on my watch it was so smooth

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
When you use the watch how do you do it? Do you hold it up to the card reader like you do the phone? I don't have a watch, buy my sister does and she probably doesn't know how to do it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I used my Gear S3 for a transaction and the girl said ooh you need to swipe your card and I replied it's waiting on you to complete the transaction she didn't even notice me use SP on my watch it was so smooth
I think with the Gear S2 it's not counting toward reward points like Gear S3 is. I've got the S2. But then again I'm at the limit for the month - Samsung Pay limits earning points nbr of transactions to 50 I think. I've been sitting at 4500 for a couple days now

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
When you use the watch how do you do it? Do you hold it up to the card reader like you do the phone? I don't have a watch, buy my sister does and she probably doesn't know how to do it.
Yep I just double push one button on the watch then hold next to the card reader it displays my bank card on the watch same as the phone.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Do you all notice a difference between having NFC turned on when you make a payment? I was at Sport Clips today and it didn't work the first time I tried it and then I tried turning NFC on and it worked. Then I went to the gas station and tried it with NFC still on and it didn't work (yeah I inserted a stripeless membership card first) but I forgot to try it with NFC off.

Jacy Hung

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Samsung Pay worked flawlessly for me for my first time using it. Was at an AMC theater ticketing machine and purchased a ticket without having to grab my card. Plus, got that extra 300 rewards points for making my first purchase :p

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you all notice a difference between having NFC turned on when you make a payment? I was at Sport Clips today and it didn't work the first time I tried it and then I tried turning NFC on and it worked. Then I went to the gas station and tried it with NFC still on and it didn't work (yeah I inserted a stripeless membership card first) but I forgot to try it with NFC off.
I keep NFC off. When you initiate Samsung pay it should use it if need be.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Just started using Samsung pay recently (even though it was on my previous phone). Just yesterday, it was Panera for lunch (fast lane kiosk), and Target. Tried to use it at WaWa but its a new store and I could not get it to work at the pumps.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It won't work at a pump unless the pump is equipped with that paypass/tap pay (because card slides in, not up down), or as some have tried sticking a generic card in. And using it. I've not tried the generic card I usually just go inside.

NellieRose

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
This thread has definitely convinced me to start using Samsung Pay. My only worry now is the fingerprint sensor. I am using the waterfall case by Casemate. I don't have long nails by any stretch of the imagination but they are just past the free edge and so far I have been unsuccessful in setting up fingerprint security due to the depth of the recess to the sensor and the free edge of my nail hitting the case. So far that is the 2nd thing I miss from my old S6 but am sure I will get used to it.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to tap Iris of FPS/pin, enter and then have SP ready. You can just put your finger on the sensor once you pull your card up. This just gives you the option to use the other auth methods.

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Samsung Pay to work. When I open it for the first time it has my correct samsung account ID to sign in with and when I attempt to I keep getting this error: "Connection error. Unable to connect to Samsung Pay temporarily. Try again later."

It's not temporary. Keeps saying it. Any ideas? Reinstalling didn't help.

EDIT: I just spoke with Samsung who said they're having server issues and many people are experiencing this. Anyone else?

Last edited:

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Samsung Pay to work. When I open it for the first time it has my correct samsung account ID to sign in with and when I attempt to I keep getting this error: "Connection error. Unable to connect to Samsung Pay temporarily. Try again later."

It's not temporary. Keeps saying it. Any ideas? Reinstalling didn't help.

Phone restart??

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
For me, samsung pay works really well but can be finicky. I have found that if you go to long without clearing the cache it will beep, go through, then say transaction cancelled, tried this both with nfc and swipe. As soon as I cleared the app cache it worked fine. And yes, this was through multiple different stores. It also can be finicky when trying to locate the reader, most places work fine but stores like total wine have it in a different spot, at the very bottom instead of the middle and you have to put the phone there, that is why I wish the reader had more power.
Some stores like walmart, home depot and lowes it will not work, most of the time, if you are trying to use a credit card. If it is a debit not a problem. Only one place has it never not worked at all, Ziggies home improvement, beeped, nothing, not on nfc or mst.

Someone needs to step in and make standards for mobile payment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer