Android or Samsung Pay?

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Haven't used it yet, but I just used one of the invite codes from an earlier post so we can each get 5 bucks! :)

Here's my code if there's still any new SP users: FECD76

Have only used AP with my previous phone and it only worked at a few locations. Looking forward to using SP at all the regular credit card readers from now on!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I put my Costco membership card in the SPay app. Will Costco still accept it from my phone or do I still have to give them the physical card?
I'm a member but haven't tried that, however they don't swipe the card on the payment terminal so that could create a problem, also wouldn't work for gas purchases

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a confession to make.....

I recently went back to an iPhone 7 Plus because of all the great things I heard about Apple Pay and it literally lasted 2 hours lol.

I have never missed Samsung Pay ever! Samsung Pay absolutely blows AP out of the water. I was 0-3 using AP lol. No thanks.

I Have since returned the iPhone and am back on the S8+ and setting up my S7E as well. Samsung Pay FTW!!!!

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I put my Costco membership card in the SPay app. Will Costco still accept it from my phone or do I still have to give them the physical card?
No. I tried and they said I still had to bring my physical card with me at all times. Boooo.

However, my ****' s Sporting Goods worked just fine from the phone.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Does Costco not have the Scan & Go app like Sams Club has? I thought they were going to do that as well.

No lines, no cashiers, no waiting at all. Sooooooo much nicer. Scan your items as you shop and when you're done click pay. Show your phone at the door and away you go.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I recently went back to an iPhone 7 Plus because of all the great things I heard about Apple Pay and it literally lasted 2 hours lol.

I have never missed Samsung Pay ever! Samsung Pay absolutely blows AP out of the water. I was 0-3 using AP lol. No thanks.

I Have since returned the iPhone and am back on the S8+ and setting up my S7E as well. Samsung Pay FTW!!!!
Its an addiction, the Samsung Pay.. lol. I've been thru the back and forth

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Does Costco not have the Scan & Go app like Sams Club has? I thought they were going to do that as well.

No lines, no cashiers, no waiting at all. Sooooooo much nicer. Scan your items as you shop and when you're done click pay. Show your phone at the door and away you go.
Lol I was just thinking about that. Isn't that scan and go great? And I show my sams card on the phone on the way in

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Lol I was just thinking about that. Isn't that scan and go great? And I show my sams card on the phone on the way in
Its amazing. I used to go in super early, since I have a business account, to avoid the lines but now I go in whenever and don't worry about it. The first time I used it I thought for sure security was going to stop me lol. The lady at the door grabbed her scanner and scanned my barcode on the phone and that was that.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda hesitant to buy a Gear S3 now. Kinda feels like an upgrade is just around the corner. The deals I've seen haven't been enticing enough to pull the trigger without having buyers remorse in a couple months.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm kinda hesitant to buy a Gear S3 now. Kinda feels like an upgrade is just around the corner. The deals I've seen haven't been enticing enough to pull the trigger without having buyers remorse in a couple months.

That's what Swappa is for, just go there and see if there is a new one (or mint if you don't mind the little usage) available and if not subscribe to the item and every time there is a new listing you will know immediately. Great about Swappa (for buyers at least) is that sometimes you may get a great deal just by offer the seller a reasonable price.

I got my Wifi version, 2 months ago brand new sealed for $280 when it was $349 everywhere with some flash deals on Amazon and other online stores for $299.

Kilrahi

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear your troubles, but you are in the minority. It may be as simple as not holding your phone in the correct spot.

Did you take a survey or something? Even if they're in the minority does that change the fact that for some users there are things for the program to work out?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Interesting.

afctee

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I've just switched to a S8 Plus, and was about to figure out Android Pay or Samsung Pay.

Well, Capital One doesn't support Samsung Pay. So, Android Pay it is. I hope is works well and at quite a few places like my Apple Pay did...

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I've just switched to a S8 Plus, and was about to figure out Android Pay or Samsung Pay.

Well, Capital One doesn't support Samsung Pay. So, Android Pay it is. I hope is works well and at quite a few places like my Apple Pay did...
I just used my capital one Quicksilver card with Samsung pay at the grocery store 15 minutes ago.

What version card do you have?