Android or Samsung Pay?

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been using SP for a few weeks but have only used it about 15 times this month. I tried it today at Applebee's at the pad they have on the table where you can check out on your own and it didn't work. I tried it several times and had to eventually take my card out and swipe it. I'm wondering if I was not putting the phone in the correct spot or too close as I was touching the swipe area.

Also I keep my NFC on all the time. Is that not needed since I use the swipe? If I turn off NFC will it work when I used the tap to pay when that option is available?

Also I was able to use it a brand new Wawa that just opened as they had the tap to pay option at their pumps so that was nice. I wish all gas pumps would have that as an option.

I keep NFC turned off. If needed Spay automatically turns NFC on.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I went back to Applebee's tonight and it worked I just had to keep trying it and moving it along the swipe area until it took.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Android Pay since my bank sucks and now PayPal can be used in Android pay and draft from my worthless bank. 👏👏 way to shoot all those banks in foot from getting their cut of per transaction payment pie 😅

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Please someone give me one good reason why would anyone choose Android Pay over Samsung Pay (besides that your card doesn't support Samsung Pay).

Samsung Pay all day long and double on Sundays :). It works every single time.
I just left Dairy Queen and after I paid with my S8 Plus, the lady at the counter goes "wow, you are lucky, many people try Apple pay and it doesn't work here. Not sure how yours did". I just smiled and said, have a good night. LOL

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Android Pay since my bank sucks and now PayPal can be used in Android pay and draft from my worthless bank. 👏👏 way to shoot all those banks in foot from getting their cut of per transaction payment pie 😅
Chase was a little late getting on the S-Pay train. I was a little worried that they would not because they had announced their own Chase Pay, but they finally came through. Hopefully, with a little luck, your "worthless" bank will see the light as wellツ

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Chase was a little late getting on the S-Pay train. I was a little worried that they would not because they had announced their own Chase Pay, but they finally came through. Hopefully, with a little luck, your "worthless" bank will see the light as wellツ
I'm afraid they don't get it. Launched Apple pay right away. Pretty sure they accidentally shoe horned their self into a exclusive agreement and don't want to admit to it.

http://arvestblog.com/entries/2016/11/22/android_pay_and_sam.aspx

This is my banks announcement about it lmao. Look at date on it versus all the comments.... 🤔

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid they don't get it. Launched Apple pay right away. Pretty sure they accidentally shoe horned their self into a exclusive agreement and don't want to admit to it.

http://arvestblog.com/entries/2016/11/22/android_pay_and_sam.aspx

This is my banks announcement about it lmao. Look at date on it versus all the comments.... 🤔
Interesting! My favorite comment was the one that said "SLACKERS"😃 Hey, it could happen, they still have a few customers left😊

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
You have to change the payment type. And you have to stop the clerk from touching the twister before your ready. Wal-Mart is actively interfering with in order to prevent Samsung Pay I order to force you to use their app Walmart pay. Which means you habe to give them your credit and debit card info in advance.
I don't have 1 issue with Samsung Pay. They do want you to use their app but I don't know anyone who does.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't NFC come one once you initiate Samsung Pay and then turn off automatically when you completed your transaction?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I turned off NFC and will use SP on my watch S3 today will see how it goes
The watch can work as a stand alone then updates to the phone so we'll see what happens
Just noticed my watch has NFC and it on?

Last edited:

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't NFC come one once you initiate Samsung Pay and then turn off automatically when you completed your transaction?
Yes, you can test it your self too. Pull up ur card in Samsung pay and pretend u r going to pay, then pull notification down and you will see NFC on :). Will go away after you are done. Love this feature from Samsung. Makes total sense

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Those with Wal-Mart reader issues. I think I figured it out..maybe. Sam's has identical readrs. My watch wasn't working after a few tries. The lady said select Debit instead of Credit, and then it went right thru. Some gas stations I have to do it as debit

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ugh now I'm back to silver because I didn't meet the requirements to stay platinum. It's going to take me forever to get back to gold. That's the only thing I dislike about Samsung pay. I don't shop enough or go to places where I can use it a lot.Lol