Android or Samsung Pay?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Gear S3 Frontier watch for me so easy no need to pull the phone out or even carry it, I'm halfway to my $50 gift card on points, I have had a couple cashiers comment now saying that so easy.

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
anyone else having more and more issues with Samsung pay not working? My wife and I both have started having issues at Kroger, Walmart, and several other places that samsung pay sends a message saying it works at such and such place

I've never been able to use mine at Walmart. I always assumed Walmart blocked it so you'd have to use Walmart Pay.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've never been able to use mine at Walmart. I always assumed Walmart blocked it so you'd have to use Walmart Pay.
I think I may have figured out what happened to the Walmart terminals. I was at Sam's Club once recently and they have identical terminals. I was having trouble getting Samsung pay to work. The lady said when you tap your phone tell it debit and then enter your PIN and it went through the first time and has gone through every time since

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

It must be your stores. I use mine there mostly without any problem. I use my Gear S3, then change the payment to process as a cc

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with Samsung Pay other than cashiers who don't actually put the transaction through to the terminal. I haven't had a fight with a cashier in a while, but I regularly get cashiers who are amazed it actually worked.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's been a long time since I've been able to redeem points for a gift card. Do they automatically put the gift card in your account?

Edit : never mind it updated on the old gift card I had stored.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It's been a long time since I've been able to redeem points for a gift card. Do they automatically put the gift card in your account?

Edit : never mind it updated on the old gift card I had stored.
I just redeemed 5000 pts today and got a $20 Samsung visa rewards. Of course I've been using it.. lol
5977517256438d461f7b5d386368994f.jpg

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I like when I go to pay somewhere and the cashier goes Apple Pay doesn't work here. I say is that a thing still and just pay. Then I tell them I am using Samsung pay. Shuts them up lol

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I like when I go to pay somewhere and the cashier goes Apple Pay doesn't work here. I say is that a thing still and just pay. Then I tell them I am using Samsung pay. Shuts them up lol

Heh, I think I get that more often than not. It used to amuse me due to the uncanny parallel with the Samsung commercials. Now it's just a bit of a hassle. But given that I redeemed 10,000 points for a $50 rewards card back in May, and am well on my way to getting another one in August, I suppose it's paying off.

I had a strange experience at the Dollar Store recently. I got ready to pay with my watch, and the cashier turned around and covered his face as though I were about to sacrifice a goat (he had a distinctively southern accent...not that I'm stereotyping). Of course I asked him what was wrong, and he replied that "these fancy new ways" of paying scare him.

I'd like to see the Samsung commercial version of this!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes you use it a lot. I don't use it as much as I'd like to. Lol I'm surprised it worked in Starbucks. Their machine normally gives me the blues. It didn't work twice, but the third time it went through.
If you remove the case (If you have one on the phone), and wait to make sure the screen on the reader is ready for a card, then hold it sideways over the reader, it should work. Starbucks has these small readers at least the one by us and it works this way

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone noticed they get Samsung points even when they dont use the app?

My main card that I use in Samsung pay is also the card I use for reoccurring subscriptions and yesterday 2 subscriptions renewed. It appears I got points for them in the app even though they werent done through the Samsung pay app or Samsung web browser.

Thats a pleasant surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox