04-15-2018 08:36 AM
445 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Im glad I finally left them after more than 10 years!! They always mess around with OUR phones!!
    After being with Verizon for a while I am considering moving over to T-Mobile. I know every carrier has their own drawbacks, but T-Mobile has made great advancements in their network over the past few of years and works very well in my area. They also have much better pricing than Verizon and they don't remove as many features as Verizon does.
    04-24-2017 09:01 AM
    After being with Verizon for a while I am considering moving over to T-Mobile. I know every carrier has their own drawbacks, but T-Mobile has made great advancements in their network over the past few of years and works very well in my area. They also have much better pricing than Verizon and they don't remove as many features as Verizon does.
    Smart choice, I went on my familys ATT plan. Going with a GSM carrier, you can use almost any unlocked phone on the planet. Not true with verizon or sprint.
    LineKill likes this.
    04-24-2017 09:04 AM
    Im glad I finally left them after more than 10 years!! They always mess around with OUR phones!!
    You got to go to Google play and download a app called Device manager.
    you put the email address and password in the boxes and it will find your mobile.
    Don't guess anybody goes to a corporate Verizon store and ask any questions.
    04-24-2017 09:04 AM
    You got to go to Google play and download a app called Device manager.
    you put the email address and password in the boxes and it will find your mobile.
    Don't guess anybody goes to a corporate Verizon store and ask any questions.
    I already use Android Device Manager. It is limited in it's functionality compared to Find My Mobile.

I would rather have the ability to use Find My Mobile instead of it being taken away.
    blaine07 likes this.
    04-24-2017 09:17 AM
    I already use Android Device Manager. It is limited in it's functionality compared to Find My Mobile.

I would rather have the ability to use Find My Mobile instead of it being taken away.
    Talked with the Samsung dude at Best buy.
    He said you got to get on yer computer to do find my mobile.
    So I left and went to Verizon.
    This is how they showed me to do it.
    Find your own way.
    04-24-2017 09:30 AM
    Talked with the Samsung dude at Best buy.
    He said you got to get on yer computer to do find my mobile.
    So I left and went to Verizon.
    This is how they showed me to do it.
    Find your own way.
    You can go to the website, but since Verizon has it disabled it will not access your phone.

No reason to be rude.
    recDNA and ladyc0524 like this.
    04-24-2017 09:34 AM
    First couple of days it ran like a champ. Now I'm starting to see the ever present Samsung latency issues, random drops in frame rates on the most basic of tasks, over aggressive app killing and the like. It's not super terrible, but coming from a Google Pixel it's night and day difference. Again Samsung you let me down. Tease me with your beautiful hardware only to be kicked in the face by poor software optimization.

Oh and changing the nav bar to another color other than white is broken. Once you open the keyboard it defaults back to white. That's how poorly Samsung software is optimized. Should have noticed that just in basic testing. I did find an app to keep it black, but I shouldn't need an app to fix a feature that's built into the phone.

Likely going back to the Pixel.
    Wild how experience can be so different. No such issues with my 8+ and I have over 250 apps installed.
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-24-2017 11:09 AM
    Ok, so I just used Samsung Pay for the first time on a grocery trip to Kroger. That was really cool and easy to use
    New to Samsung Pay myself and loving it. I was surprised it even works with my apartment building's washing machines. Those machines have really wonky card readers so it's nice not having to swipe a card half dozen times to get it to read.

Don't forget to register through the Pay app for Samsung Rewards. S8 owners get 1600 free platinum points.
    CincyGuy and amyf27 like this.
    04-24-2017 11:58 AM
    You can go to the website, but since Verizon has it disabled it will not access your phone.

No reason to be rude.
    Was simply tryin to help.
    Didn't seem like you wanted it.
    04-24-2017 12:51 PM
    Was simply tryin to help.
    Didn't seem like you wanted it.
    I appreciate you trying to help. I was just pointing out some facts about Find My Mobile.

If you can tell me how to use Find My Mobile on your Verizon phone I am all ears. I have an S7 edge and there are differences. I know for a fact you cannot use it on an S7 edge. Since others were saying they cannot find it, I was assuming the S8 was the same.
    04-24-2017 01:00 PM
    The S7Edge I had on At&T you went to settings and went to search and typed in find my mobile.
    From there you. followed what it had on the screen.
    Typed the email addresses in and the passwords.
    That is how samsung did it.
    I called At&T customer service and they walked me threw it.

Seems they musta changed it for the S8 on Verizon
    The app I posted is how they do it.
    04-24-2017 01:13 PM
    Really loving my new S8+ especially the VR
    I am learning about downloading VR content like 360 degree movies and 3D from Videoder and watching them on KolorEyes.
    Developments are continuing to happen; just 10 minutes ago I found that despite previous news you CAN reprogram the Bixby button. i use it for flashlight but looks like most any app will work.
    deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2
    Imagine Samsung unintentionally making a blank programmable button; it may well turn out one of the best features of this phone. THANK YOU SAMSUNG!!!
    04-24-2017 01:16 PM
    Seems they musta changed it for the S8 on Verizon
    The app I posted is how they do it.
    Yep, and the reply I posted said that I already do that.
    04-24-2017 01:24 PM
    New to Samsung Pay myself and loving it. I was surprised it even works with my apartment building's washing machines. Those machines have really wonky card readers so it's nice not having to swipe a card half dozen times to get it to read.

Don't forget to register through the Pay app for Samsung Rewards. S8 owners get 1600 free platinum points.
    I've got about 4300 pts now-eyeballing that $20 visa reward at 5000 pts
    04-24-2017 01:32 PM
    I've got about 4300 pts now-eyeballing that $20 visa reward at 5000 pts
    Save your points...they had a sale around when the Note 7 was out 50% off points for Best Buy (and I think some others) gift cards. I got 2 $20 B-Buy for 2500 Points-each-... Might see that again...and as far as I know, the points don't expire?
    04-24-2017 03:15 PM
    With my wife 10,000 attaboys can be wiped out by one WTF. I thought that's how all points work.
    04-24-2017 03:24 PM
    Lol I'll hold for awhile but $ 20 is very handy for me. I have a long commute so every bit helps
    04-24-2017 03:31 PM
    Save your points...they had a sale around when the Note 7 was out 50% off points for Best Buy (and I think some others) gift cards. I got 2 $20 B-Buy for 2500 Points-each-... Might see that again...and as far as I know, the points don't expire?
    I thought I read on the Samsung website somewhere that the points expire by the end of the second month after you earn them. Is this not true...they don't expire, or it is a longer period?

And another question: are the points just based on total number of purchases, or do they also depend upon how much you actually spend?
    04-25-2017 05:17 AM
    Noticing a lot of stuttering and lag when switching apps or scrolling websites, and even the keyboard. Coming from an iPhone never experience any of this.
    recDNA likes this.
    04-25-2017 11:01 AM
    Noticing a lot of stuttering and lag when switching apps or scrolling websites, and even the keyboard. Coming from an iPhone never experience any of this.
    No stutters or lag here. Do you maybe have a rouge app, eating up resources?
    04-25-2017 11:08 AM
    With my wife 10,000 attaboys can be wiped out by one WTF. I thought that's how all points work.
    This! I am getting my wife a T-Shirt with LMA printed on it (Leave Me Alone)
    04-25-2017 11:41 AM
    Checked again to just confirm impressions of the display after the fifth time comparing content with my Note 4. I luv everything about the 8+, but prefer the content on the Note 4 since more display surface is used with no need for cropping to fill the screen. If the portrait display was as wide as the Note 4 I'd be sold, but guess that will be the Note 8.

Since I do luv everything else (well, not the Bix button), tried to will myself into liking the display ratio. Display whining aside, great device. The BB demos do not do the 8+ justice, since resources tied up to the Samsung demo software.
    I doubt it. Samsung is going to try hard to push the long thin look to be the new normal. I hate it but with Apple apparently following suit I'm afraid I'll be stuck with a long thin phone when I have to replace my V20
    04-25-2017 11:52 AM
    I got a screen protector from Verizon,
    They put it on.
    I like the Glass Screen protector

Got a otterbox Defender Screenless Edition case.
    It comes with the clip so you can put it in yer belt. Clip it on yer pants or whatever.
    Feels great.
    Could you take a photo with a camera or another phone to show how it looks in the case with the screen protector on? Thanks if you can!
    04-25-2017 12:05 PM
    I always sync my data right before a reset. I usually only lose some of the data from that day.
    I have found when I go from an older phone to newer one some of my fav samsung apps are no longer available for the newer phone. Reconnect to older phone and I can get them again. The apps don't even appear in the Samsung store on the newer phone (which was a Note 7. The older phone a Note 3)
    04-25-2017 12:08 PM
    I thought I read on the Samsung website somewhere that the points expire by the end of the second month after you earn them. Is this not true...they don't expire, or it is a longer period?

And another question: are the points just based on total number of purchases, or do they also depend upon how much you actually spend?
    1. They don't expire as far as I know...definitely not after 2 months, I've been stacking them up since January. I might email them and ask though, I'd hate to lose them

2. You earn points for each purchase, not per $ spent. Points are anywhere from 10 to 40 depending on what lever you're at. I'm at platinum every month, and they rack up quick.
    CincyGuy likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:18 PM
445 ... 89101112 ...