04-15-2018 08:36 AM
445 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    So I've had mine for a couple of days now and I am absolutely loving it. I purchased my Samsung Galaxy S8+ in Orchid Grey at my local AT&T store on the 2rth of April. Previously, I had the Silver Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I paid off the remaining balance of that phone and Gabe it to my mom.

Here are the things I love about this phone, in the couple of days that I've had it:

- 64GB internal storage. This is primarily the reason why I decided to upgrade to the S8+. On my S7E I kept getting too close to maxing out the storage and it got aggravating trying to figure out what apps I wanted to keep and which ones I had to delete. I play a lot of games on my phone and I mostly had game apps taking up space. I figured that if I was already reaching max storage and I just had the phone for a year, I could almost guarantee that I would end up having to get rid of apps, etc to make up room for future software updates, etc and I didn't want to have to go through that, so I am thankful that Samsung decided to make the internal storage at 64GB.

- the screen is absolutely beautiful! I love the infinity screen especially when watching videos! The experience is absolutely superb.

- the feel of the phone when I hold it. I just love how easy it is to use this phone. Even at 6.2" it's not that much of a hassle to handle this phone.

So far, those are the major points that has impressed me with this model. I am still learning the works around this device and am looking forward to experiencing the next couple of years with this phone!

P.S. I have this phone through AT&T and I love that it has Samsung on the back instead of the AT&T logo!
    rushmore likes this.
    04-26-2017 08:23 PM
    Do you know what she decided on ?
    She changed her mind twice . I ended up leaving they were taking too long with someone else. Last I saw she was going with S8. She was coming from the S7
    04-26-2017 08:52 PM
    So I've had mine for a couple of days now and I am absolutely loving it. I purchased my Samsung Galaxy S8+ in Orchid Grey at my local AT&T store on the 2rth of April. Previously, I had the Silver Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I paid off the remaining balance of that phone and Gabe it to my mom.

Here are the things I love about this phone, in the couple of days that I've had it:

- 64GB internal storage. This is primarily the reason why I decided to upgrade to the S8+. On my S7E I kept getting too close to maxing out the storage and it got aggravating trying to figure out what apps I wanted to keep and which ones I had to delete. I play a lot of games on my phone and I mostly had game apps taking up space. I figured that if I was already reaching max storage and I just had the phone for a year, I could almost guarantee that I would end up having to get rid of apps, etc to make up room for future software updates, etc and I didn't want to have to go through that, so I am thankful that Samsung decided to make the internal storage at 64GB.

- the screen is absolutely beautiful! I love the infinity screen especially when watching videos! The experience is absolutely superb.

- the feel of the phone when I hold it. I just love how easy it is to use this phone. Even at 6.2" it's not that much of a hassle to handle this phone.

So far, those are the major points that has impressed me with this model. I am still learning the works around this device and am looking forward to experiencing the next couple of years with this phone!

P.S. I have this phone through AT&T and I love that it has Samsung on the back instead of the AT&T logo!
    Glad to hear you're happy with your phone. I absolutely love mine
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-26-2017 09:02 PM
    Current download speeds on T-Mobile. Loving the phone so far
    How did you get that kind of download speeds? Is it 4g or something? My pos computer can't go that fast, lol.

For having the phone for about 2 days or so now, I have to say I am loving it. I am like a kid in a candy store. All the little maybe useless stuff like the Bixby picture photo/shopping thing is just fun to play with. Showed the older guys are work what it can do and they were like wtf? I don't typically take pictures, as no matter how easy it is I somehow make them look terrible. But there are a lot of cool things on the camera that will make it fun to use even with how little I use the camera.

I also really like AOD and all the customizing stuff you can do with a lot of the phone. And seriously? Did not know about the edge lighting and then saw it and I giggled with joy. Such a stupid simple thing and it makes me so happy. I am still going through a video that was posted to me about how to use and do things on the phone, there's like 150+ things to go through.

For the bad or really not so bad stuff. I would like to be able to change the talk bubbles in text messages to other colours. Something where I can contrast the messages background. I am having issues with pressing the home button, not sure if I am just off on my press or I have to make the touch more sensitive. I am sure I will find more wrong with it in the future as we are still in the honeymoon phase of the relationship.

They made the phone so sexy that having to get a case nullifies the looks. But better safe than sorry, yes I know they make clear cases but it's the whole phone as one that gives it the sexiness. I wish there was an offer for a Gear watch with the phone and not a VR headset, not that I got in on that in time.
    04-26-2017 11:07 PM
    Here is what I like about my phone. Oh damn, I don't have an S8. Sorry, wrong thread😉

Very glad to see everyone enjoying there new phoneツ
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    04-26-2017 11:17 PM
    I think that's my problem. I move from flagship to flagship. Nothing seems to wow me anymore. Heaven forbid I go more than 6 months with the same phone.
    That's why I love the iPhone only one comes out a year and that keeps me content.
    ecr80 and anon(470989) like this.
    04-27-2017 02:50 AM
    If anyone wants to try Samsung Pay, heres a code 6263B2
    04-27-2017 05:04 AM
    I like Tmo as a business, but their coverage in Ohio and Kentucky is something only Tmo moms could love. Verizon way better. Sadly so.
    I don't know where the user lives that you were responding to with this comment, so I am just weighing in on the OH-KY coverage. I live on the border of Hamilton County, the main county in which has the City of Cincinnati. T-mo has excellent coverage anywhere I have been inside the I-275 beltway, and in any of the suburbs within 5-10 miles outside of I-275. Once you get down into the communities right along the Ohio river (which is down in a river valley) you will start hitting dead spots of no coverage. Also, I have to occasionally go east of Cincinnati (Brown County, Adams County, etc.) and there are fairly big dead spots in those locations as well - which in all fairness are shown on T mo's coverage map.

So I will caution others to use a grain of salt with your comment and think about where they spend most of their time. If they are in or around the I-275 beltway for most of the time then T-mo will provide excellent coverage. As a side note, I have also seen that I have a little "4g" next to my cell phone bar display at the top of the screen with my S8, which is something I never saw on my Nexus 6p. I don't know if this means the antennae are better in the S8 and I am actually getting better coverage with S8...it will be interesting to see if I have better coverage next time I head east or am down by the Ohio River.
    04-27-2017 05:23 AM
    I am in trumbull county which is northeast ohio and have pretty good coverage for the most part. There are some spotty areas when I travel to and from Summit and trumbull counties . I'm most pleased with the way t mobile structures their plans and phone payment options
    04-27-2017 05:39 AM
    That's why I love the iPhone only one comes out a year and that keeps me content.
    Up until a few years ago I did the same. Stuck with iOS and upgraded every year. Then I got a M8. Since then I switch back and forth between Android and iOS. I almost always have the newest iPhone along with whichever Android phone I have.
    amyf27 and ecr80 like this.
    04-27-2017 07:31 AM
    Up until a few years ago I did the same. Stuck with iOS and upgraded every year. Then I got a M8. Since then I switch back and forth between Android and iOS. I almost always have the newest iPhone along with whichever Android phone I have.
    I have had every iphone made...love them. They are great at what they do.
    But feel IOS is too restrictive to be honest.
    I have the 7+, Pixel XL and now S8+ and that really helps me get a rounded smartphone experience.
    When I feel like using a phone I just swap sims........
    amyf27 and jimbo1mcm like this.
    04-27-2017 07:53 AM
    How boring... LOL
    04-27-2017 08:13 AM
    If anyone wants to try Samsung Pay, heres a code 6263B2
    SPAM!!! hahahaha
    04-27-2017 08:14 AM
    I have had every iphone made...love them. They are great at what they do.
    But feel IOS is too restrictive to be honest.
    I have the 7+, Pixel XL and now S8+ and that really helps me get a rounded smartphone experience.
    When I feel like using a phone I just swap sims........
    I've never owned a Pixel. Just checked em out in a Verizon store. Something just felt off about it for me though. I can't even explain it really. I almost always go back to iPhone though eventually. I get swayed by features and displays of Android phones, but somehow iOS feel more well rounded to me. Maybe it's just familiarity. It seems though that my more recent Android phones (Note 7, S8+) are closer than ever to completely winning me over.
    jamezr likes this.
    04-27-2017 08:17 AM
    I would use a Pixel if it had wireless charging, waterproofing and smaller chin and forehead.

I love pure android and fast updates. The hardware is just not up to the Samsung's. That being said it was just the first try for Google/Pixel, and it wasn't half bad.
    jamezr and ecr80 like this.
    04-27-2017 08:19 AM
    I've never owned a Pixel. Just checked em out in a Verizon store. Something just felt off about it for me though. I can't even explain it really. I almost always go back to iPhone though eventually. I get swayed by features and displays of Android phones, but somehow iOS feel more well rounded to me. Maybe it's just familiarity. It seems though that my more recent Android phones (Note 7, S8+) are closer than ever to completely winning me over.
    The Pixel is great at what it does......similar to the iphone in that regard. You pick it up and the whole user experience is what shines through the most. It is a great blend of software and hardware.

IOS is just too restrictive for me. I get bored with it. I mean I can't even place my icons where I want them to be.
    But there are some things my iphone does better and some things my Android phones do better. I love being able to switch between them.
    04-27-2017 08:25 AM
    If'n I remember correctly the S6 was the last year of the IR blaster on the phone.
    They said that enough people wasn't using it.
    And the newer TV's used something different. Don't ask me what.
    If you put the phone in a case. Its a lot different and easier to hold.
    On the battery. I turned mine off auto brightness.
    And installed Greenify .
    I go in and turn the apps off that are in memory .

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...greenify&hl=en

New phones are gonna have to go threw I guess you call it a learning period before the battery adjust and gets better.
    But the more you are on them. and the more you got apps in the back ground the more its gonna use the battery.
    The Pixel is a nice phone.
    Got a neighbor that has one. He said you don't have a button to mute a call like on the other phones.
    Something to look at.

I know if I left the S8+ I would miss the phone, the quick charging, and a lot more about it.
    I like it a lot more than my S5, S6, note 5, note 7 and S7Edge that I had.
    And all of my 6 iphones.
    Yes, the S7 was the first without IR. Mine was pre-ordered so I didn't get to see one first. My work bought it so I don't have to think I spent all this money and convince myself everything is ok. Help with the honest perspective.

The specs make it sound like the screen is similar sized to the notes and phablets, but it's not. With the aspect ratio being stretched to 18.5:9 and the edges rolled it's so narrow! I don't need a iris scanner, finger print scanner, face recognition that is frustrating anyway type phone.

I love the speed. It's incredibly fast. I put a case on it and it feels much nicer/less delicate. I'm going to try some other keyboards to see if that helps the swype typing. I found my issue with swype. If you touch the space bar at all it tries to do multiple words and makes it difficult to go fast. My s4, s6, note 3, note 4 did not do that or it wasn't as sensitive. I'm trying to figure out my frustrations and not just negative.

It's doing a software update I as type. Maybe some of the things I don't like will be fixed like the qvsa or whatever that was crashing constantly after the day 1 update.

I turned the always on screen off and turned down the resolution and the battery is no better than my Note still and it was 1.5yrs old. I'm lucky to get 24hrs out of it with my normal usage. I do use my phone a lot. I'm a network engineer with domain admin duties so I have monitoring of my network and servers and other things but I did on my Note and S6 as well.

I feel the edge is a waste. I don't understand the edge at all! If somebody can tell me why the edge has the hype please do let me know. I honestly don't understand.

Hoping the software update will let me turn off the over contrasting they do with the camera. HDR can be turned off but I don't see where I can turn off what used to be called "beauty" that blurs skin. We'll see. Still debating it. Maybe I was pulled in by the hype when I chose it and should have waited to test one out.
    04-27-2017 08:29 AM
    same here i usually buy every flagship out but never tried the pixel. i could have pulled the trigger so many times but something felt off so i never did it. maybe because i had the moto x pure for a long time and they are almost the same phone software wise. i just think stock android is boring
    04-27-2017 10:05 AM
    I don't know where the user lives that you were responding to with this comment, so I am just weighing in on the OH-KY coverage. I live on the border of Hamilton County, the main county in which has the City of Cincinnati. T-mo has excellent coverage anywhere I have been inside the I-275 beltway, and in any of the suburbs within 5-10 miles outside of I-275. Once you get down into the communities right along the Ohio river (which is down in a river valley) you will start hitting dead spots of no coverage. Also, I have to occasionally go east of Cincinnati (Brown County, Adams County, etc.) and there are fairly big dead spots in those locations as well - which in all fairness are shown on T mo's coverage map.

So I will caution others to use a grain of salt with your comment and think about where they spend most of their time. If they are in or around the I-275 beltway for most of the time then T-mo will provide excellent coverage. As a side note, I have also seen that I have a little "4g" next to my cell phone bar display at the top of the screen with my S8, which is something I never saw on my Nexus 6p. I don't know if this means the antennae are better in the S8 and I am actually getting better coverage with S8...it will be interesting to see if I have better coverage next time I head east or am down by the Ohio River.
    Yep, know the area well. That is the road the signs try to get you to take to get to Kings Island (much longer than taking 71). Lots of towers in the area, since part of metro. Venture out toward Cleveland/Sandusky and there are huge gaps. Ditto for a lot of Kentucky. West Virginia stinks for all carriers. Them mountains are killah' on signal.
    04-27-2017 11:08 AM
    That's a great mix to have😊
    msm0511 likes this.
    04-27-2017 02:19 PM
    SPAM!!! hahahaha
    It's not spam - you can refer friends and people if they haven't used Samsung Pay yet to try it out. I'm not sure if the other party gets a promo but probably. Samsung Pay usually gives out extra pts etc.
    04-27-2017 02:20 PM
    It's not spam - you can refer friends and people if they haven't used Samsung Pay yet to try it out. I'm not sure if the other party gets a promo but probably. Samsung Pay usually gives out extra pts etc.
    I know... I was just teasing you
    04-27-2017 03:47 PM
    I know... I was just teasing you
    Ok..lol was gonna say.
    04-27-2017 03:51 PM
    Wow you sound as bad as me.
    I got to stop buying phones every 6 months.
    6 months? You lasted that long?
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-28-2017 02:44 AM
    6 months? You lasted that long?
    I think I can go 6 months with this one no problem. Just depends on the note 8 ... lol
    04-28-2017 04:33 AM
445 ... 1011121314 ...