04-15-2018 08:36 AM
445 1234 ...
tools
    Use the "Smart Lock" and "Trusted Locations" so it's not locked at your house, but it other places.
    But then her hubby could get into her phone and see who she's sneakily chatting with.
    04-19-2017 12:16 PM
    But then her hubby could get into her phone and see who she's sneakily chatting with.
    As convienent as Smart Lock and Trusted Device is ummmmm ....... thus why I don't use it at home ssshhhhhh !!!!
    04-19-2017 12:31 PM
    I really love how now you can just hit the power button to use Iris scanner or face unlock. Very fast! What finger print scanner..
    04-19-2017 12:44 PM
    With the FPS do you just place your finger on it to unlock or do you have to wake the phone then place your finger to unlock?

Also loving the idea of the trusted places didn't know that was a thing.
    04-19-2017 02:43 PM
    As convienent as Smart Lock and Trusted Device is ummmmm ....... thus why I don't use it at home ssshhhhhh !!!!
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f04c6550b7.gif
    So now I have that gif floating in two threads I follow.
    04-19-2017 02:50 PM
    So now I have that gif floating in two threads I follow.
    My bad !!
    04-19-2017 03:11 PM
    My bad !!
    No biggie.
    04-19-2017 03:13 PM
    First impressions of my T-Mo orchid gray:

• Damn this thing is gorgeous! (I hear Dave from 2001 saying "It's full of stars...")
    • Iris unlock does not work at all for me unless I take my glasses off, but I'm VERY near-sighted so perhaps that's why
    • Face unlock works well
    • The fingerprint sensor does not bother me nearly as much as the fuss surrounding it. I got used to it almost right away. Then again, I hold my phone with my left hand so that might have something to do with it.
    • Everything moves slick & smooth. The animations are faster than those on my pixel xl this is replacing, which makes the phone feel much faster even if it isn't.
    • The UI-formerly-known-as-TouchWiz has truly grown up, and this may be the first Galaxy I own that I don't quickly throw another launcher on.
    • Camera lives up to the hype so far, but haven't done much with it yet.

The biggest TBDs are battery life and how performance holds up after a few months of use, but so far I'm very impressed and happy!
    04-19-2017 03:24 PM
    Just picked mine up from the UPS store. A little surprised that the black Samsung box had no seal whatsoever. Apparently AT&T opens them up to put the SIM card in. Letting it charge b4 I set it up.
    04-19-2017 03:29 PM

• Damn this thing is gorgeous! (I hear Dave from 2001 saying "It's full of stars...")
    • Iris unlock does not work at all for me unless I take my glasses off, but I'm VERY near-sighted so perhaps that's why
    • Face unlock works well
    • The fingerprint sensor does not bother me nearly as much as the fuss surrounding it. I got used to it almost right away. Then again, I hold my phone with my left hand so that might have something to do with it.
    • Everything moves slick & smooth. The animations are faster than those on my pixel xl this is replacing, which makes the phone feel much faster even if it isn't.
    • The UI-formerly-known-as-TouchWiz has truly grown up, and this may be the first Galaxy I own that I don't quickly throw another launcher on.

The biggest TBDs are battery life and how performance holds up after a few months of use, but so far I'm very impressed and happy!
    Good write up, thanks. I skipped preorder. Gonna Jump Friday at Tmo. Again, well done.
    04-19-2017 03:30 PM

• Face unlock works well

Thanks for the update
    04-19-2017 03:57 PM
    I have had my s eight plus four about five hours and am starting to really enjoy it . The voice texting seems to work a lot better than my 7 edge and the camera is very nice
    04-19-2017 04:12 PM
    Any issue with a red tint to the screen? Seems to be a huge complaint in Korea.
    I do notice a bit of a red tint however it does not concern me at this point it's not distracting
    04-19-2017 04:14 PM
    Use the "Smart Lock" and "Trusted Locations" so it's not locked at your house, but it other places.
    Brilliant! I don't lock my phone at all. Had an issue a couple years ago with the PIN and couldn't remember my password and had to reset my phone. Was a nightmare!
    04-19-2017 04:40 PM
    I have yet to pre-order it. To those who have the S8 already do you feel its worth upgrading from the S6? Just on the fence due to last years Note 7 Snap foo
    04-19-2017 04:57 PM
    A phone that even makes the note 7 look old
    MoPhoMan likes this.
    04-19-2017 05:59 PM
    I have yet to pre-order it. To those who have the S8 already do you feel its worth upgrading from the S6? Just on the fence due to last years Note 7 Snap foo
    Got me it was worth upgrading from the 7 edge. My son had an s6 and I got him a 7edge. Yes the d8 is much better than the s6 imo
    04-19-2017 06:17 PM
    I'm upgrading from a S6. Love the S8 so far. Still transferring data from the old phone to the new one.
    Yes, very worth it.
    04-19-2017 06:38 PM
    So far I really love it. I have the s8 plus and at first the screen seemed small because of how narrow it is but it really isn't that narrow just seems that way because of no bezels. I also have a slight red hue on the edges when the screen is white. I really wish I didn't read the thread about it because I probably would not have noticed it. Is anyone going to exchange theirs because of this? I can't decide of I care enough to do it or not but it really bothers me samsung would let this happen after the note 7 fiasco. The fingerprint sensor position I think is blown way out of proportion. However I do think that it doesn't seem as accurate as my LG v20. It seems to be way more sensitive to where your finger is placed and I think that is actually something reviewers should have mentioned instead of whining about the position which takes 2 minutes to get used to.
    Overall I love the phone and I love that samsung is not afraid to innovate in a very dull smartphone world.
    04-19-2017 07:15 PM
    Midnight Black S8 Plus

This is a beautiful phone and it looks very elegant and sexy. I love the ALL BLACK on this phone, finally someone got it right. This is the 1st phone that I really don't want to put a case on it because it's too sexy (Yes it's in a case, I don't want to hurt Sasha!)... I also like that the included accessories are black as well. The screen is as everyone else is stating: AWESOME, right out the box. I'm sure once I change the quality to the highest setting it'll get even better. Holding the phone is tricky for me because, its very light compared to my iPhone 7 Plus. Even with the case I have on, it's like I'm not even holding a phone in my hand. It's like holding my Roku Remote. I don't have a screen protector, but I think I may invest in one just to prevent scratches (I got one on my iPhone 7 and it almost drove me crazy). I may end up going to dBrand to purchase a skin and say goodbye to cases.

Now so far the phone is running smooth and fast as expected. Setting it up was very easy. The Finger Print is NOT I repeat NOT as bad as everyone was making it. Yes, it's in a different spot, but I do not have a hard time finding the sensor. I can see how it would be a challenge for those with very small hands.

I'm happy to have a headphone jack again. Sometime I rather use my Beats plugged in. Or just being able to grab a pair of headphones I have lying around and plug them in is a plus.

I just can't get over how right this phone is. It seems too good to be TRUE. As with all things, time will tell how this phones holds up. So far I'm very pleased with this phone.

S8 / S8+ First Impressions Thread-img_5168.jpg
    S8 / S8+ First Impressions Thread-img_8837.jpg
    burrzoo, sangs, karmamule and 2 others like this.
    04-19-2017 07:26 PM
    So far I really love it. I have the s8 plus and at first the screen seemed small because of how narrow it is but it really isn't that narrow just seems that way because of no bezels. I also have a slight red hue on the edges when the screen is white. I really wish I didn't read the thread about it because I probably would not have noticed it. Is anyone going to exchange theirs because of this? I can't decide of I care enough to do it or not but it really bothers me samsung would let this happen after the note 7 fiasco. The fingerprint sensor position I think is blown way out of proportion. However I do think that it doesn't seem as accurate as my LG v20. It seems to be way more sensitive to where your finger is placed and I think that is actually something reviewers should have mentioned instead of whining about the position which takes 2 minutes to get used to.
    Overall I love the phone and I love that samsung is not afraid to innovate in a very dull smartphone world.

I agree, the fingerprint sensor is not as bad as people were making it seem. After a few minutes playing around with it, I can get to it with no problem. As you stated, the only problem is making sure it's on the sensor a certain way.

I haven't noticed the red tint around the corners...
    amyf27 and kevinpleasants like this.
    04-19-2017 07:29 PM
    I agree, the fingerprint sensor is not as bad as people were making it seem. After a few minutes playing around with it, I can get to it with no problem. As you stated, the only problem is making sure it's on the sensor a certain way.

I haven't noticed the red tint around the corners...
    Yes I've been using the fingerprint sensor without much issue. But I use a case so maybe it's easier that way. Positionwise it's fine for me
    eLIZabeth001 likes this.
    04-19-2017 08:51 PM
    This phone reminds me when i got the very first iphone. It also reminds me when i first bought the note 1. Level UP
    04-19-2017 08:54 PM
    Yes I've been using the fingerprint sensor without much issue. But I use a case so maybe it's easier that way. Positionwise it's fine for me
    Cases help...
    04-19-2017 09:52 PM
    I can't see any red hue on my VZW phone. I wonder if red hue on the edges is limited to one specific carrier or its across the board? Did Samsung make all s8 phones in Vietman?
    04-19-2017 10:04 PM
445 1234 ...