S8 / S8+ First Impressions Thread

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Had a handful of glitvhy things but after a factory reset 1 to w weeks ago, most all has been great again.

linuxenigma

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I was waiting for the Note 8, to replace my Note 4, but then decided to buy the S8+. Here is why:
I never used the S pen anyway.
The S8+ is plenty fast.
S8+ is big enough.
Seems to have enough memory.
S8+ is so very nice.
Much less expensive than the Note 8 projected price.

So far, I am very happy with the S8+.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was waiting for the Note 8, to replace my Note 4, but then decided to buy the S8+. Here is why:
The S8+ is plenty fast.
S8+ is big enough.
S8+ is so very nice.

My S8+ was $850. Figuring the Note 8 will be 900-950

Bfalcon1

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I came from Blackberry and really like the S8. Trying to decide if I should stop using the Blackberry Hub Suite. I really only like the Hub and password Keeper. Contacts is good for you can see names by company but the app lags. Any suggestions?

Centerman66

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I came from Blackberry and really like the S8. Trying to decide if I should stop using the Blackberry Hub Suite. I really only like the Hub and password Keeper. Contacts is good for you can see names by company but the app lags. Any suggestions?
I, like you, come from BlackBerry and am using the BlackBerry suite with my S8+. I experience absolutely no lag with the hub, calendars nor contacts. Maybe you have a setup conflict.

Last edited:

kodos

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I bought an S8+ for my wife today. Unlocked they are down to about $650. Which is a pretty good price IMO.
So far, I think Samsung has nailed the feel of the device in-hand. I really like it. I have a Mate 9 and while I prefer 16:9, the S8 is so nice to hold.

My only impression is that TouchWiz is still not as fluid as my Mate9. The screen however is simply gorgeous. Samsung really outdid themselves there.

My only hope is that it doesn't get too laggy and stutter like my S7 did. If it doesn't, then I can see myself getting an S9 in a couple of years after I'm done with my Huawei. They definitely created something unique with this phone.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
A few issues started popping up like skipping touches on the screen, and a few typos on the keyboard. Not enough for me to hate the phone though

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I love it but it seems to go dark quickly and I have to really press on home button to get display back. I am temporarily using plastic screen cover the phone came with and have disabled screen always on. Any other things or settings I should check? Thanks.

Lebnax

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Anyone have a squeaky power button? You really gotta listen for it when its quiet in your enviroment. Only happens on my power button I hear a squeak when i press it down. My OCD is goin crazy. Might trade it in for another one and see if it has the same issue. Maybe it'll go away with use.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Anyone have a squeaky power button? You really gotta listen for it when its quiet in your enviroment. Only happens on my power button I hear a squeak when i press it down. My OCD is goin crazy. Might trade it in for another one and see if it has the same issue. Maybe it'll go away with use.
I haven't noticed it with mine. I've had other quirks though but they've subsided mostly after a factory reset a few weeks back.

Lebnax

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed it with mine. I've had other quirks though but they've subsided mostly after a factory reset a few weeks back.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to head to AT&T during lunch, see if I notice it on a test phone then request a replacement. Thanks for your input! What were your other quirks so I could look out for them?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to head to AT&T during lunch, see if I notice it on a test phone then request a replacement. Thanks for your input! What were your other quirks so I could look out for them?
My phone would restart itself while there was plenty of power left on the phone, I was unable to select auto sync, and the latest one that Disturbed me was the phone became completely unresponsive with only the aod screen working I had to force reboot it and after a factory reset it seemed okay

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I am on my 3rd S8 (S8+, then S8 then back to S8+) it is imo the best Android device currently available but I do consider it a 'holding phone' The FPS I have learned to live with but I am growing tired of seeing a shiny new OS released and knowing it will be 6 months before it reaches my phone.

So I'll either jump back to iOS or the Pixel 2XL (Pixel 1 imo looks and feels cheap), I do have some doubts over the battery life and lack of FPS on the IP8 so am waiting to see how these 2 turn out.

Lokiiisme

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
The S8+ is plenty fast.
S8+ is big enough.
S8+ is so very nice.

I am in the same boat. Really considering the Note 8, but I never used the S-Pen much the last time I had a note. The dual camera's are nice on the note, but not that important to me I guess. Does the additional 2 gig of ram make any difference really?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I left the S7E to the S8+
As well my OL.
All I can say is Wow,
What a difference,
A lot faster phone.
Got a storage card for it.
Has to be the fastest phone i have ever had.

If you check.
The S8+ has a bigger battery than the Note 8.
Although the Note 8 does a lot of different things.

Both are great phones.