Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Shot in pro mode and saved in raw. Processed in Snapseed
a07f36d7c355ed4732883224618aaec5.jpg

Choccy

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I took some train pictures last night at my station.

I used auto mode and then I tried sport mode to see how that mode worked.

The night photos of everything still was very good but even in the sports mode the train was blurry.

I wonder exactly what sport mode is meant to capture if bit can't pick up a moving train which wasn't going very fast at all.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I took some train pictures last night at my station.

I used auto mode and then I tried sport mode to see how that mode worked.

The night photos of everything still was very good but even in the sports mode the train was blurry.

I wonder exactly what sport mode is meant to capture if bit can't pick up a moving train which wasn't going very fast at all.
The clue here is that you said "last night", assuming to mean relatively low light. Sports mode is for well lit (like outside during the day) areas.
Not much you can do in dim light with motion. You can use a higher iso setting but then you introduce more noise

Choccy

May 2, 2017
Visit site
The clue here is that you said "last night", assuming to mean relatively low light. Sports mode is for well lit (like outside during the day) areas.
Not much you can do in dim light with motion. You can use a higher iso setting but then you introduce more noise

I meant the image itself is good, but the moving train is blurry. I would have thought a faster shutter speed would have been chosen by the phone.

I will post images once I manage to resize them.

It's annoying I can't post straight from my phone as this forum limits file / photo size.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
If you use the Tapatalk app it will resize them for you and you can upload without much effort at all.

Just make sure you take the photo with the camera app, if you click the camera in tapatalk it turn the image sideways for some reason...LOL

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I meant the image itself is good, but the moving train is blurry. I would have thought a faster shutter speed would have been chosen by the phone.

I will post images once I manage to resize them.

It's annoying I can't post straight from my phone as this forum limits file / photo size.

you could always upload them to something like Imgur then post the links when adding the pics. But that works so much better when at a PC than on your phone.

Choccy

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Here's a few of mine.

The last one was taken in Sports mode today whilst I was on the train. Was very happy with this shot.

My S6 would make a lot blurry in similar situation.

Attachments

• 20170508_162713-01.jpg
    20170508_162713-01.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 38

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2