06-16-2017 05:03 PM
1,162 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Mine says gift sent, but still no tracking email.
    04-20-2017 08:59 PM
    Anyone good with dissecting contracts? Think there's any way samsung could get a class action over this? It seems pretty tightly worded, but at this point I'm jaded enough to look at alternatives.
    04-20-2017 09:04 PM
    Ordered my phone via JOD on T-Mobile, received it yesterday 4/19.

Submitted for the $99 bundle via the Samsung app, using my JOD EIP confirmation PDF with the IMEI as the receipt.

That part was easy, however still no email to actually pay for it.
    I got my email today, took a couple of attempts, but I got it to go through
    04-20-2017 09:10 PM
    Attachment 257466

Mine's been like this since yesterday. No email, I think the app is busted for me, and the website says invalid mac and all that. I've called them 3 times, 6 hours in total, each time I've talked to them I've gotten nowhere. Also tried the live chat, they can't do anything but look up stuff on the website so their "live support" is pretty much just human google.

Extremely frustrated at this point, worst customer experience ever.
    Mine on the app says: "Your registration has been approved", but no link or email to actually pay for it. I have hope now, it's under offers in the app. Just worried that there is no email and that it's not showing up samsung webpage when checking for offer status. My old submissions are showing up.
    04-20-2017 09:12 PM
    Ok...so you got another email beyond the first approval one? That's what chat told us. We were wondering if it was legit. I'll be looking for a second email for myself then. This is good news.
    I got the confirmation email without a buy link. I got another email that said the first was an error and to wait 24-48 hours for the email with the buy link. I got an email with a buy link that didn't work (item can not be added to the cart). Finally, I got another email with a buy link that worked. Confused yet?
    04-20-2017 09:33 PM
    Ok...so you got another email beyond the first approval one? That's what chat told us. We were wondering if it was legit. I'll be looking for a second email for myself then. This is good news.
    I got two emails, and the second one does appear to work. But the bundle showed up to purchase in app without the link anyway.
    04-20-2017 09:43 PM
    I used the Shop Samsung app and took a picture of my AT&T receipt with the registration process. Instant acceptance and link to purchase the $99 Fully Immersive Gear VR bundle. I even used Samsung Pay to complete the purchase to get extra Samsung points. Free 2nd Day Air shipping. Instant order confirmation. The process was very easy.
    04-20-2017 09:43 PM
    Well at least we aren't alone. All I've seen earlier was just me having that "issue".

Still hoping for the best.
    Mine shows exactly the same. If you think they have any idea what's going on over there, how's this for a CS response via email:

"Samsung fully immersive VR Experience box for $99 is only for the Galaxy S8/S8+ pre-ordered from Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung App. You will be not eligible for the gift as the phone has been pre-ordered from Verizon. "
    04-20-2017 09:51 PM
    Mine shows exactly the same. If you think they have any idea what's going on over there, how's this for a CS response via email:

"Samsung fully immersive VR Experience box for $99 is only for the Galaxy S8/S8+ pre-ordered from Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung App. You will be not eligible for the gift as the phone has been pre-ordered from Verizon. "
    WTF!!!! How is that the case. Can you print screen that email and post it on here. Nowhere on any fine print says it's only for Samsung.com or the app. Others are being able to claim it when they've preordered through a service provider. Very strange.
    04-20-2017 09:58 PM
    I pre-ordered from Verizon on March 30th and received my phone on Wednesday the 19th. Went onto the website and put in my info for the VR and $99 dollar bundle and like many others, it said processing. Today, I downloaded the shop Samsung app and went onto it and just clicked the redeem button and it said I already redeemed and then brought up a new page saying that I'm approved and let me purchase the $99 dollar bundle with free two day shipping. So just a heads up to people who ordered online. Try waiting a day and then check the shop Samsung app. Worked for me.
    04-20-2017 10:05 PM

Wow...just wow... I think those of us in the forums know more about this promo then Samsung.
    04-20-2017 10:10 PM

Wow...Yup that person doesn't know what's going on.

Which is crazy cause carriers are promoting that.
    04-20-2017 10:17 PM

We are in making sh** up mode now.

Should have sent back link to FAQ's and this from that link:

What kind of proof of purchase will I need to provide to redeem this offer?
    If you’ve purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+, you’ll need a receipt showing that you purchased it between 3/30/17 and 4/20/17 as follows:
    In-Store Purchase: Save your register receipt.
    Online/Phone Purchase: If ordered online or over phone, please save email confirmation of purchase as well as the packing slip received with the device.
    If you do not have any proof of purchase, you will need to return to the carrier/seller store and request a proof of purchase that lists which device you purchased as well as its purchase date.
    Sam's Customers, please upload your pre-registration confirmation email in addition to your final purchase receipt.
    Wal-Mart Customers, please upload either your in-store layaway contract or online order confirmation email, in addition to your final purchase receipt.
    04-20-2017 10:25 PM
    First, the bottom line: I got my email with the link, put my $99 on AmEx, and got an email confirmation that the order is complete.
    Now for the details: Yesterday, when my phone came it, registering for this was the second thing on my agenda (case and screen protector were first). I suspected the $99 package was going to be in short supply and I wanted to get mine in.
    I used the app (200 points SOUNDED good) but Iet my phone shutdown before it was completely finished. When I connected power and opened the app, I got "oops, already submitted promotion".
    Like most of you, no email, and the web verification had no record based on my email, and told me to wait 24 hours.
    I did (and passed the time by reading the tales of woe on here) and after 24 hours with no email and no web confirmation, I called Samsung. I waited on hold while I worked for an hour. Then I gave up and went home. I finally resigned myself that I probably wouldn't get the card and headsets, and may even miss out on the VR gear.
    Then 10pm the email with the link came through, and it all worked.
    Probably also worth mentioning, I bought (leased) from Sprint.
    04-20-2017 10:30 PM
    I ordered from t mobile on 4-14. Got the phone on the 19th. I submitted for the $99 offer the same day, using the web. No email, no confirmation, nothing. So I tried again today and got a message saying the imei or mac address is not eligible.

I'm assuming that's because the first attempt went through, even though I'm still waiting for a confirmation email.

How long does it take to get some sort of acknowledgement?
    04-20-2017 10:39 PM
    I ordered from t mobile on 4-14. Got the phone on the 19th. I submitted for the $99 offer the same day, using the web. No email, no confirmation, nothing. So I tried again today and got a message saying the imei or mac address is not eligible.

I'm assuming that's because the first attempt went through, even though I'm still waiting for a confirmation email.

How long does it take to get some sort of acknowledgement?
    Been waiting 57 hours so far here.
    04-20-2017 10:48 PM
    Finally movement hopefully it will all be caught up with it being launch day
    04-21-2017 04:17 AM
    I registered on Wednesday afternoon after I got home from work. I heard nothing for 2 days and had given up hope. This morning I awoke to an email saying my promotion had been approved with the link to order. I went into the Shop Samsung app, and on the home page of the app was the promotion with a buy now link. Submitted payment via Samsung Pay through the app and received the ordered confirmation email seconds later. It looks like they are also giving 2-day shipping through FedEx free. I think these are coming sooner than the 6-8 week typical waiting period.
    04-21-2017 05:43 AM
    Shop Samsung app said successfully sent claim but didn't ask for any payment info and said it was reviewing. Is this normal?
    04-21-2017 06:29 AM
    After a bit of a round-trip, my order for the 99 package went through:

• Ordered my S8 from T-Mo, it arrived on Wednesday.
    • Last night tried to use SHOP app, attached photo of order acknowledgement, but when submitting got "network error .... broken pipe" (funny error to get on 4/20...)
    • Tried using web site, it said my IMEI/MAC Address combo was not eligible
    • Called Samsung, chatted with rep, got put on hold for promotional group, while on hold read on this thread about massive wait times so gave up
    • Went back to SHOP app, this time saved my e-mail order receipt as PDF and did 'attach PDF' option instead of picture, it went through and it said my registration was complete but I had to wait for approval. (That was around 9pm last night)
    • This morning got into work and saw I had email 'Registration approved' with a BUY link (whew....) so followed that
    • Starting filling out order for 99 bundle, near point of confirmation I noticed I wasn't actually logged in to Samsung site so logged in. That took me away from the pending order, tried following BUY link again, was told that my promo code had been used.
    • Waited a couple minutes, followed buy link again, and it must have realized the order didn't actually happen because no problem this time, finished order, got e-mail acknowledgement.

So, after a few tense moments it looks like all is set to go.
    04-21-2017 06:41 AM
    So free $150 IF you planned on buying that much memory anyhow or can sell it on eBay. Personally 64 GB is overkill for me using Google drive. I think some of you are stressing yourselves too much. Headphones are on Amazon prime for $120 and found the memory card for $99 on eBay. If you planned on buying both and can get the deal with it much stress it's a great deal still.

Edit: just checked and my status is approved now, just the VR. Registered yesterday
    04-21-2017 06:41 AM
    For the ones the offer worked for, how long did it take between the time you got the order number email and the follow up email saying it's been shipped?
    04-21-2017 06:52 AM
    FINALLY got the email last night and ordered the $99. bundle. The email came a little over 24 hours after registering with the shop Samsung app. What a nightmare.
    04-21-2017 06:55 AM
    Just got order completed. Slow process, hang in there. Best of luck to all.
    Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for " - How did it Go-photo.jpg
    04-21-2017 07:22 AM
    For Verizon pre-order people....

What did you use for the Date of Purchase field on the promo site? The order process date, preorder date, or the ship date?
    The order process date on the invoice that comes with the phone
    04-21-2017 08:00 AM
1,162 ... 89101112 ...