06-16-2017 05:03 PM
1,162 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    You all do realize there were only 50,000 Gift Boxes available...right?
    Yes we do. The problem is people like myself who registered early in the day on the 19th never got link to buy it. People who registered AFTER us did get link. Their system was screwed up. Those of us who got screwed are, well screwed. Despite registering in time we apparently can't get it Now. That's what a lot of us in this thread are so peeved about.
    james702283 and philly like this.
    04-21-2017 03:11 PM
    I never got any other email. I think Samsung just screwed us over....
    I spent an hour and half on hold earlier and spoke to someone and he said he is escalating the issue. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    04-21-2017 03:18 PM
    Yes we do. The problem is people like myself who registered early in the day on the 19th never got link to buy it. People who registered AFTER us did get link. Their system was screwed up. Those of us who got screwed are, well screwed. Despite registering in time we apparently can't get it Now. That's what a lot of us in this thread are so peeved about.
    When did you pre-order? What was the date of the receipt you had to upload?
    04-21-2017 03:23 PM
    When did you pre-order? What was the date of the receipt you had to upload?
    I preorderd on 3/30 when my local Tmo store opened. I was their first customer that morning. I registered my claim for the $99 bundle on April 19th ant 12:52pm shortly after I got my phone from UPS. I finally got an approval email 14 hours later but with no buy now link. I've been back and forth with CS. The approval email only said I would getting shipped the VR and controller which is not what I selected. I selected the $99 bundle.
    04-21-2017 03:27 PM
    I preorder on the 12th. Otherwise had same process as Kale. Registered mine about 2hrs after him
    04-21-2017 03:35 PM
    I'm not 100% on this, but i believe if you already have a registration in place, you have a chance at getting it. I did my registration on the 19th. It went into the "two week review" state, and I didn't get my buy link until mid day today. I got that link AFTER the website had said that it was sold out for new registrations. I was able to buy and pay for it and it appears to be processing. So I think you might have a chance if you have already submitted for it and are just waiting for approval.
    williejr185 likes this.
    04-21-2017 03:41 PM
    I spent an hour and half on hold earlier and spoke to someone and he said he is escalating the issue. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    I just did the same exact thing
    04-21-2017 03:49 PM
    this was quite possibly one of the worst handling of promotions I've ever encountered. I pre-ordered my phone on the second day of availability, but people who pre-ordered with T-mobile or through the samsung app got their phones earlier and had first crack at it? Samsung should've moved up the street date to the 19th and everyone would've had the same chance at it.
    04-21-2017 03:50 PM
    I'm not 100% on this, but i believe if you already have a registration in place, you have a chance at getting it. I did my registration on the 19th. It went into the "two week review" state, and I didn't get my buy link until mid day today. I got that link AFTER the website had said that it was sold out for new registrations. I was able to buy and pay for it and it appears to be processing. So I think you might have a chance if you have already submitted for it and are just waiting for approval.
    This is what I was waiting to hear. Someone who got the link after they sold out. I might have a chance after all. We'll see.
    04-21-2017 03:52 PM
    this was quite possibly one of the worst handling of promotions I've ever encountered. I pre-ordered my phone on the second day of availability, but people who pre-ordered with T-mobile or through the samsung app got their phones earlier and had first crack at it? Samsung should've moved up the street date to the 19th and everyone would've had the same chance at it.
    I pre-ordered through Verizon on the day it became available. I got my phone the afternoon of the 19th, but because of being at work and traffic, I didn't actually turn the phone on an activate it until that evening. I registered for the promotion as soon as I could after that. I even had to resubmit my pre-order sale receipt the next morning (yesterday). Like I said, I'm not sure it's entirely based on when you registered for the $99 promotion. I think it is based on the date/time of your pre-order receipt. To be honest, I wasn't holding much hope until I got the email early this morning saying my registration was accepted and allowed to order.
    04-21-2017 04:05 PM
    Thing is, I already got the email saying my registration was approved. Got it yesterday. But it had no link to buy the kit. Website says gift approved and sent. Samsung app still says pending review. But email they sent says approved.
    04-21-2017 04:21 PM
    I pre-ordered through Verizon on the day it became available. I got my phone the afternoon of the 19th, but because of being at work and traffic, I didn't actually turn the phone on an activate it until that evening. I registered for the promotion as soon as I could after that. I even had to resubmit my pre-order sale receipt the next morning (yesterday). Like I said, I'm not sure it's entirely based on when you registered for the $99 promotion. I think it is based on the date/time of your pre-order receipt. To be honest, I wasn't holding much hope until I got the email early this morning saying my registration was accepted and allowed to order.
    If Samsung were going to allow carriers to have the phones on the 19th, the street date should've been moved up to the 19th. I ordered mine through Best Buy, only because they had $100 off the financing plan. I figured, with the $100 I saved, I was going to use it on the $99 bundle and get the 256gb and the AKG headphones. Samsung still could've made it more fair for everyone to register for that bundle.
    piscesgirl81 likes this.
    04-21-2017 04:25 PM
    No idea if you are right. I used the packing slip in the Verizon box to register for the $99 which shows 4/17 as order date and it was accepted two hours later.
    04-21-2017 04:33 PM
    I did it from the web page, just attached a copy of my order. Got an acceptance email about 6 hours later. Paid today.
    04-21-2017 04:42 PM
    Me and theelite1×87 both recieved our approval emails but with no link to pay for the $99 bundle. It just approved and gift sent. It's really a mess.
    04-21-2017 04:43 PM
    Me and theelite1×87 both recieved our approval emails but with no link to pay for the $99 bundle. It just approved and gift sent. It's really a mess.
    same here, I instantly got the buy link after submission and it did not work
    04-21-2017 04:45 PM
    If Samsung were going to allow carriers to have the phones on the 19th, the street date should've been moved up to the 19th. I ordered mine through Best Buy, only because they had $100 off the financing plan. I figured, with the $100 I saved, I was going to use it on the $99 bundle and get the 256gb and the AKG headphones. Samsung still could've made it more fair for everyone to register for that bundle.
    And exactly what is "more fair"? You can't make first come, first served any more fair. Pre-order sales had already topped 728,000 by the 13th, and over 1 million by the 17th. Since only 50,000 $99 gift boxes were available, that leaves over 950,000 who were NOT going to get one.

I don't know Samsung's selection process and it doesn't really matter all that much. It's like complaining about standing in line at 2:00 AM the Thursday prior to Black Friday at Walmart to get one of five $100 70" TVs, and there are 30 people in front of you. Twenty-five people are NOT going to get one.
    04-21-2017 04:51 PM
    And exactly what is "more fair"? You can't make first come, first served any more fair. Pre-order sales had already topped 728,000 by the 13th, and over 1 million by the 17th. Since only 50,000 $99 gift boxes were available, that leaves over 950,000 who were NOT going to get one.

I don't know Samsung's selection process and it doesn't really matter all that much. It's like complaining about standing in line at 2:00 AM the Thursday prior to Black Friday at Walmart to get one of five $100 70" TVs, and there are 30 people in front of you. Twenty-five people are NOT going to get one.
    How is this for more fair. Those that preordered on Samsung.com were able to select which promotion item they wanted and if they wanted the $99 bundle they were able to go ahead and pay for it immediately while those who preordered through cell service provider had to wait to actually have their phones in and to choose. That information wasn't on the promotion flyer or on any kind of small print.
    04-21-2017 05:04 PM
    How is this for more fair. Those that preordered on Samsung.com were able to select which promotion item they wanted and if they wanted the $99 bundle they were able to go ahead and pay for it immediately while those who preordered through cell service provider had to wait to actually have their phones in and to choose. That information wasn't on the promotion flyer or on any kind of small print.
    You could have pre-ordered through Samsung.com just like everybody else. Again, how can you make it anymore fair? Fair is a subjective term.
    04-21-2017 05:15 PM
    It was mentioned somewhere (I forget where) that samsung orders would be able to purchase at time of order but it wasn't widely advertised which wasn't really fair. I wasn't about to order through Samsung though considering how people were left in limbo for several weeks with the Note 7 disaster. If it's any consolation, some people who ordered from Samsung on 3-30 still haven't gotten their phones yet and I've seen one member post that he received notice that his phone wouldn't ship until the 25th or 26th although I don't recall what day he placed his order. It does suck as I wanted to get the $99 package as well but knowing they only had 50,000 available I knew it would be 50/50 that I would get it. My status was approved as of this morning and it now says processing gift so I would be surprised if I got an email allowing me to purchase the headphones and SD card. It's lame but we got a great phone!
    gernerttl likes this.
    04-21-2017 05:18 PM
    I received the approval email with link to buy last night at 957pm cst. I didn't see it until 830 this morning. I didn't have my debit card at the time so I paid when I got home at 2pm. Funny thing is I clicked on the link again and it showed 2 sets in my cart. I changed it back to one but don't think i wasn't tempted to get both. Did I see correctly that is says 2 business day shipping?
    04-21-2017 05:19 PM
    24hours later. Still waiting for the ship email.
    04-21-2017 05:29 PM
    Did I see correctly that is says 2 business day shipping?
    Yes you were reading it correctly. So hopefully sometime next week we'll get it.
    04-21-2017 05:34 PM
    Has anyone received a tracking # yet?
    04-21-2017 05:38 PM
    You could have pre-ordered through Samsung.com just like everybody else. Again, how can you make it anymore fair? Fair is a subjective term.
    Yes, I could've preordered through Samsung.com, and if they would've advertised on the promotion itself that you could immediately choose which promotion bundle you wanted when preordering from them, then I would've preordered from them but they didn't. You used the black friday analogy. It's like going to a big store for their black friday sale that have a certain number of an item for a really great price but certain people can go ahead an pay for the item before the store actually opens. That's exactly what Samsung has done.
    piscesgirl81 likes this.
    04-21-2017 05:41 PM
1,162 ... 1112131415 ...