06-16-2017 05:03 PM
1,162 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    04-21-2017 10:49 PM
    OMG!!! Theelite1x87 look what I just got when I checked my status on the website. It was saying something completely different. There's hope my friend.
    Kalelfromkrypton - did you pay the $99?
    04-21-2017 11:01 PM
    I JUST got another email. This one had a link to purchase it. I went ahead with the transaction right away. Took screenshots of order confirmations just in case but they also emailed me a receipt. I guess our orders were reserved as part of the 50k, we just didn't have link. Thankfully getting the bundle....
    04-21-2017 11:02 PM
    Kalelfromkrypton - did you pay the $99?
    Yes Hmorgan. I just paid the 99$ . It was 105.93 including tax. Free 2 day shipping. This is AWESOME!! Did you get yours, hhmorgan?
    04-21-2017 11:05 PM
    I JUST got another email. This one had a link to purchase it. I went ahead with the transaction right away. Took screenshots of order confirmations just in case but they also emailed me a receipt. I guess our orders were reserved as part of the 50k, we just didn't have link. Thankfully getting the bundle....
    Yes. I did the same thing. Took screen shots of everything. I got the emial confirmation of the purchase as well but I'm covering my own arse this time lol. Congrats to you. I'm hoping hhmorgan got his because I think he has been through the ringer too.
    04-21-2017 11:07 PM
    Yes Hmorgan. I just paid the 99$ . It was 105.93 including tax. Free 2 day shipping. This is AWESOME!! Did you get yours, hhmorgan?
    No love here yet - 1 was 1 hour behind you today on the call to CS Promotions department. I was told they could see that I had registered for the $99 bundle in the system. The agent asked before I told her - "You received a link that didn't work right" - Yes. "You received an email for Gear VR/Oculus, but no link for $99 bundle to buy right - Yes". She sounded a bit shocked that I've been registered since Tuesday with no response. I will be escalated to Tier 2 CS - resolution and/or call within 48 hrs. Again I was told she saw no reason why this wouldn't get fixed.

Fingers crossed -

My status still shows - (notice it's a clock and not checkmark in Processing Gift)

Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for " - How did it Go-2017-04-18_18-20-34.png
    04-21-2017 11:09 PM
    After battling on phone, email, twitter, Facebook and chat for 2 days I FINALLY got a link. Didn't work at first, for whatever reason I have to be logged into my Samsung Account when I clicked - seemed like it opened direct to a shopping cart with the item in it. We'll see, it did process the amount and payment.

The GearVR is really what I wanted, the memory card and headphones are nice and on paper are worth it but re-selling always sounds like better idea than it is. If I get them I'll use them but 256gb is really a little overkill. Hoping the headphones are nice, I could actually use a set!
    04-21-2017 11:11 PM
    Ok, this is weird.

The moment I received my S8 Plus, I registered for the Fully Immersive Gear VR Bundle for $99. But I never got the email to actually purchase it. I did get an approval for just the Gear VR, Controller and Oculus software, and the status page says it'll already be shipped next week.

But, after assuming I missed out on the Fully Immersive Bundle when people posted that the website got updated to reflect that, I just received an email from Samsung Promotions stating that I could buy it.

So, I went to the page and paid for it. Interestingly, it allowed me to select a quantity greater than 1, but after playing around with it, I didn't want to try to risk it and just checked out for 1.

Bottom line, it may be that if you were initially registered for it or you actually paid for it, your spot was one of the 50,000 reserved.

If it works, it works. I just really want that memory card, now that people who received it already are saying its U3-rated. What's also interesting is that the Fully Immersive Gear VR Bundle says and shows it's the Gear VR, controller, Oculus software, AKG Bluetooth headphones, and 256GB microSD card. If the first one goes out, does that mean I'll end up getting two Gear VR and controllers?

The link that you would receive in your email looks like this:
    Code:
    https://www.samsung.com/us/checkout/#/cart-info/?addItem[]=ET-VRGIFTBNDLE&promocode=XXXXXXXNN
    For fun, I tried using that link the second time and realized that the included promo code is a one-time use, as the bundle now comes up as $579 with a notice that the promo code is now invalid.

Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for " - How did it Go-screen-shot-2017-04-22-12.02.37-am.jpg
    Exhibit A. Check out the timestamp of the email. You bet I acted on it.

(Update: Apparently as I was slowly typing this, other people have posted above with similar situations. Let's hope it all works for us.)
    04-21-2017 11:17 PM
    No love here yet - 1 was 1 hour behind you today on the call to CS Promotions department. I was told they could see that I had registered for the $99 bundle in the system. The agent asked before I told her - "You received a link that didn't work right" - Yes. "You received an email for Gear VR/Oculus, but no link for $99 bundle to buy right - Yes". She sounded a bit shocked that I've been registered since Tuesday with no response. I will be escalated to Tier 2 CS - resolution and/or call within 48 hrs. Again I was told she saw no reason why this wouldn't get fixed.

Fingers crossed -

My status still shows - (notice it's a clock and not checkmark in Processing Gift)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-04-18_18-20-34.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	257647
    Wow. I think they will get it fixed for you. Samsung has had a butt load is problems with this promo along with the whole red screen thing. Your bundle should be secured since you selected it. Can you go into the app and buy it? Some people are having better luck with the app. I've had an email from a Tier 3 support rep. I guess that's how the ball got rolling a little faster. Keep the forum updated because I would love to know that you got what you registered for. We all have had to deal with this and we all should have our issues with this promo resolved. Keep the faith
    04-21-2017 11:22 PM
    I was able to get in on the Fully Immersive bundle but I do agree that it wasn't handled well. These first come, first serve things with a low supply creates problems when some people receive their phones before launch date. It ends up being a game of trying to choose whichever carrier/retailer will get you the phone first. At the very least - for those people who opted for the bundle, the first 50k that opted for it should be earmarked for one while the rest are put on a waiting list. The 50k would have to be reliably notified and given maybe 24 hours to purchase before it's passed on to the next person on waitlist. Anyway, just thinking out loud on ways how this could have been worked better.

I registered on my desktop, but then I monitored it on the Samsung Shop app. Even though I didn't hear anything via e-mail about my registration (other than it would take 2 weeks) I checked via the app because it was simpler. This afternoon the app it said I was accepted and there was a button to order the bundle. I never received any notification or link via e-mail. This was all discovery on my part via the app. If I did not check the app, I would not have known.

So, the process that was botched up, also botched up the communications.
    04-21-2017 11:26 PM
    Ok, this is weird.

The moment I received my S8 Plus, I registered for the Fully Immersive Gear VR Bundle for $99. But I never got the email to actually purchase it. I did get an approval for just the Gear VR, Controller and Oculus software, and the status page says it'll already be shipped next week.

But, after assuming I missed out on the Fully Immersive Bundle when people posted that the website got updated to reflect that, I just received an email from Samsung Promotions stating that I could buy it.

So, I went to the page and paid for it. Interestingly, it allowed me to select a quantity greater than 1, but after playing around with it, I didn't want to try to risk it and just checked out for 1.

Bottom line, it may be that if you were initially registered for it or you actually paid for it, your spot was one of the 50,000 reserved.

If it works, it works. I just really want that memory card, now that people who received it already are saying its U3-rated.

Name:	Screen-Shot-2017-04-22-at-12.02.37-AM.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	257648
    Exhibit A. Check out the timestamp of the email. You bet I acted on it.

(Update: Apparently as I was slowly typing this, other people have posted above with similar situations. Let's hope it all works for us.)
    I think if You selected more than 1 you would be been charged full price for the others. People that got the $99 bundle noticed that they could select to get more on the Shop but it wasn't 99. It was 500 or something like that. I'm glad you got yours.
    04-21-2017 11:26 PM
    I think if You selected more than 1 you would be been charged full price for the others. People that got the $99 bundle noticed that they could select to get more on the Shop but it wasn't 99. It was 500 or something like that. I'm glad you got yours.
    I noticed that I could select more than one as well thought the app and when I selected 2, it was only $99x2 - or $198, so the second one did not jump up to regular price. Frankly, why are people allowed to select more than 1 in the first place when there are only 50k units? Anyway, I changed it back to 1 because I thought buying 2 of these when the supply was so low would have been a **** move.
    Kalelfromkrypton likes this.
    04-21-2017 11:30 PM
    Wow. I think they will get it fixed for you. Samsung has had a butt load is problems with this promo along with the whole red screen thing. Your bundle should be secured since you selected it. Can you go into the app and buy it? Some people are having better luck with the app. I've had an email from a Tier 3 support rep. I guess that's how the ball got rolling a little faster. Keep the forum updated because I would love to know that you got what you registered for. We all have had to deal with this and we all should have our issues with this promo resolved. Keep the faith
    No I keep opening and using the app every 2-4 hrs but it says the same thing.

Question - How did you get to Tier 3 so fast? They wouldn't move me to Tier 2 until 72 hour mark. And email - CS was completely useless as my previous posts documented.

And I feel those of us that got that original email for Gear VR/Oculus were basically considered taken care of - as far as the automated processing was concerned. If they didn't really listen to what you were telling them they thought the system would magically pop-out emails after the deluge was finished. In our cases I think the original error of the BUY not working caused the system to default to the Gear VR/Oculus since no payment was registered. Thus no followup email would ever come out. IMHO
    04-21-2017 11:31 PM
    I noticed that I could select more than one as well thought the app and when I selected 2, it was only $99x2 - or $198, so the second one did not jump up to regular price. Frankly, why are people allowed to select more than 1 in the first place when there are only 50k units? Anyway, I changed it back to 1 because I thought buying 2 of these when the supply was so low would have been a **** move.
    Correct, I selected two and the checkout price was $198. I didn't want the order to get messed up in case they review, so I went with just one.

As stated above, the original bundle's cost is $579 without the promo code, and according to the Official Rules, it breaks down like this:
    • Gear VR and Controller, $129.99
    • Oculus Content, $50
    • Harman AKG Y50BT black headphones, $149.95
    • Samsung 256GB MicroSD EVO+ memory card, $249.99

So, unless they review the order to see if the original Infinitely Immersive bundle (Gear VR, Controller, Oculus software) was sent out, some of us could very well end up with two Gear VR and controllers.
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    04-21-2017 11:39 PM
    No I keep opening and using the app every 2-4 hrs but it says the same thing.

Question - How did you get to Tier 3 so fast? They wouldn't move me to Tier 2 until 72 hour mark. And email - CS was completely useless as my previous posts documented.

And I feel those of us that got that original email for Gear VR/Oculus were basically considered taken care of - as far as the automated processing was concerned. If they didn't really listen to what you were telling them they thought the system would magically pop-out emails after the deluge was finished. In our cases I think the original error of the BUY not working caused the system to default to the Gear VR/Oculus since no payment was registered. Thus no followup email would ever come out. IMHO
    Im not sure how i got to Tier 3 so fast. I really wasnt paying attention. I noticed it said Tier 3 on all emails I recieved from them, and it wasn't even regarding this issue at first, it was regarding my receipt submission. But the first email I ever recieved from them was from a Tier 3 support rep and that was on the 19th. The attached screen shot was from one my most recent emails from them. It's strange how you were told you had to wait 72 hours to be moved to just Tier 2.

On another note. The original email with the buy now link on it that you said was an error.. have you went back to try it again?
    Attached Thumbnails Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for " - How did it Go-screenshot_20170422-003956.jpg  
    04-21-2017 11:46 PM
    You sir are a saint and a scholar as well as those others that didn't select more than one unless they preordered more than one S8.
    KupKrazy likes this.
    04-21-2017 11:48 PM
    You sir are a saint and a scholar as well as those others that didn't select more than one unless they preordered more than one S8.
    Thanks - I couldn't in my right mind do it, even though I had no idea they would run out so quickly! I really hope people did not order more than 1 for each S8/S8+ they pre-ordered!
    04-21-2017 11:56 PM
    Im not sure how i got to Tier 3 so fast. I really wasnt paying attention. I noticed it said Tier 3 on all emails I recieved from them, and it wasn't even regarding this issue at first, it was regarding my receipt submission. But the first email I ever recieved from them was from a Tier 3 support rep and that was on the 19th. The attached screen shot was from one my most recent emails from them. It's strange how you were told you had to wait 72 hours to be moved to just Tier 2.

On another note. The original email with the buy now link on it that you said was an error.. have you went back to try it again?
    Ha - you've gotten emails!! I've gotten nothing except the idiotic response from email CS about how to register.

Hopefully this last agents review - she took a lot of time checking things. Gave me the call record # and said I looked correct in the signup for the offer.

I've been doing some research and I have phone numbers for Tier 2 and other email avenues if I don't get satisfaction. I'm not nasty - just persistent.

I did read back over the S7 Edge Gear S2 watch saga on AndroidCentral - it looks like in the end almost everyone with a legitimate claim got the watch - just took a long long time and involved multiple parties - namely Samsung and PrizeLogic (who was doing fullfillment). Bottomline - eventually Samsung owned up to issues on their end and made it right.

Just seems after that fiasco and others they would really back test their IT issues to make sure all "fullfillment channels" are tested and ready to roll properly.

Thanks for the response - and I'm glad we could get the word out to others to bypass the webpage method and use the Shop Samsung app instead - and avoid all this grief.
    04-21-2017 11:58 PM
    Well, it looks like my 'gift sent' status went backwards to 'processing gift' after I paid the $99, so it probably caught up with each other so that it's just one big bundle. Note the two dates of 'registration accepted.'

Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for " - How did it Go-screen-shot-2017-04-21-5.52.38-pm.jpg
    Infinitely Immersive Bundle

Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for " - How did it Go-screen-shot-2017-04-22-12.56.11-am.jpg
    After purchasing the Fully Immersive Bundle
    04-21-2017 11:59 PM
    Now the website claim status has changed again. I'm sure because the order changed. Will just have to see what it says in the morning when I wake up. The Samsung app claim status changed to approved now as well but no link or no option to purchase in the Shop. But I've covered my arse and saved everything. I'm just happy I was able to get it secured.

hhmorgan.. there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep hounding them about it and I'm sure everything will work out. Screenshot everything. Write down all escalation #'s and get names of people you speak to and if you use chat... when you submit your interaction review by clicking the blue X, select to recieve transcript in email.
    Attached Thumbnails Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for " - How did it Go-screenshot_20170422-005630.jpg  
    04-22-2017 12:04 AM
    Well, it looks like my 'gift sent' status went backwards to 'processing gift' after I paid the $99, so it probably caught up with each other so that it's just one big bundle. Note the two dates of 'registration accepted.'

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 5.52.38 PM.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	291.9 KB 
ID:	257653
    Infinitely Immersive Bundle

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 12.56.11 AM.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	257654
    After purchasing the Fully Immersive Bundle
    Yours did the EXACT same thing mine did.
    04-22-2017 12:06 AM

I never got an email with a BUY NOW link. That's the problem.

On my original registration I got the webpage to Buy Now with the following text (didn't take screencapture at the time). It popped up immediately - just clicked that button probably 20 times and it did absolutely nothing.

From webpage:
    Thank you for your registration. You're approved.

You can purchase your fully immersive Gear VR experience* for $99 now by clicking the link below. We recommend you purchase now as this gift is available for a limited time, while supplies last, on a first-come, first-served basis. You will also receive an email with your link to purchase for future reference."
    with a BUY NOW button.
    04-22-2017 12:07 AM
    Ha - you've gotten emails!! I've gotten nothing except the idiotic response from email CS about how to register.

Hopefully this last agents review - she took a lot of time checking things. Gave me the call record # and said I looked correct in the signup for the offer.

I've been doing some research and I have phone numbers for Tier 2 and other email avenues if I don't get satisfaction. I'm not nasty - just persistent.

I did read back over the S7 Edge Gear S2 watch saga on AndroidCentral - it looks like in the end almost everyone with a legitimate claim got the watch - just took a long long time and involved multiple parties - namely Samsung and PrizeLogic (who was doing fullfillment). Bottomline - eventually Samsung owned up to issues on their end and made it right.

Just seems after that fiasco and others they would really back test their IT issues to make sure all "fullfillment channels" are tested and ready to roll properly.

Thanks for the response - and I'm glad we could get the word out to others to bypass the webpage method and use the Shop Samsung app instead - and avoid all this grief.
    Im glad you got some phone #' s... that's good. If I end up participating in another Samsung promo then I'll probably just with Samsung.com since those that order from them directly are able to select which promo they want at checkout. Keep us posted please. I still have my s7 edge, so I'm using it for my backup phone and misc stuff.
    04-22-2017 12:12 AM
    I never got an email with a BUY NOW link. That's the problem.

On my original registration I got the webpage to Buy Now with the following text (didn't take screencapture at the time). It popped up immediately - just clicked that button probably 20 times and it did absolutely nothing.

From webpage:
    with a BUY NOW button.
    Oh I see. Someone.. Probably a computer programmer was able to take a look at the background programming for that very page and he highlighted programming code for the link and it said the link was deactivated or dead or something like that. It's crazy I know. Who knows why Samsung does what they do.
    04-22-2017 12:14 AM
    I just now got the buy now link for the immersive experience and it went through for $107 and change after almost 72 hours after my submission on 4/19 which I received instant approval and a buy now link that didn't work which I was redirected to after my submission and subsequent approval. I also instantly received an email only referencing the VR and controller. So I guess if we selected the offer during submission we will eventually get a second email to buy....
    04-22-2017 12:15 AM
1,162 ... 1314151617 ...