06-16-2017 05:03 PM
1,162 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Your pre order date is the date of purchase. So you are still good to order the $99 promo. Have you tried to order it? Download the Samsung Shop app. Register your phone with Samsung.....Register for the free VR stuff. Then you should get a chance to order the $99 bundle.
    Unfortunately, they are out of the bundle, so those of us that got the phone a little later even though we preordered, are out of luck. Pretty lousy on the heels of the complete disaster that was the note 7
    04-23-2017 08:42 AM
    Hopefully you guys claimed it in time because on Samsung.com, it says:

Due to high interest, we have sold out of the $99 fully immersive VR experience.

samsungpromotions.com/infinitelyimmersive.html

I ordered mine directly from Samsung.com, and got everything in one box. The Gear VR is nice. Better pixel density from S7 Edge, so things are clearer. I can still see smaller pixels but there is no more screen door effect because the pixels layout are different on this AMOLED display.
    Can you see the pixels on the s8 or s8+?
    04-23-2017 08:48 AM
    Hmm I got approved and ordered today with expedited shipping..samsung sent a link to order it with my approval...i never even registered for the complete bundle at first...just the free gift...they sent a email to purchase full bundle after approval of my gift. This was all done online and not the app. My claim was registered on the 19th..just didn't get approval until this morning and so followed through and ordered the bundle.

Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for " - How did it Go-smartselectimage_2017-04-23-09-50-20.pngRegistration for "immersive Gear VR experience for " - How did it Go-smartselectimage_2017-04-23-09-46-38.png
    04-23-2017 08:50 AM
    Question? Does the Fully Immersive Yadda, Yadda come with the Gear VR and controller and the extras? I bought said Gear VR and controller bundle from Best Buy with rewards certificates.

Backstory: I had bought the new headset with the type c connector when I got my Note 7, but I changed the connector back to the micro USB when I had to (sadly) give up the Note and go back to the S7 Edge. I have no idea what I did with the original connector, so I just gave the whole thing to a friend.

Soo, if I get the headset with the "Fully Immersive" box, I can just return my BB purchase which Fedex says will be delivered to tomorrow.

By the way, about ordering from Samsung. Make a snip or a screen shot of the receipt they give you when you complete the ordering process. If you look on the "My account > orders" page after you buy anything, you will be disturbed to find nothing. Samsung is really bad about updating that page, but your order is in there. Don't worry. Just keep your receipt and order number for your own piece of mind.
    Yes. It's the VR, controller, headphones, and memory card.

And also yes, you should be able to return your BB order. Not sure if it'll be refunded as credit or back as rewards certificate s.
    04-23-2017 09:07 AM
    Hmm I got approved and ordered today with expedited shipping..samsung sent a link to order it with my approval...i never even registered for the complete bundle at first...just the free gift...they sent a email to purchase full bundle after approval of my gift. This was all done online and not the app. My claim was registered on the 19th..just didn't get approval until this morning and so followed through and ordered the bundle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmartSelectImage_2017-04-23-09-50-20.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	257841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmartSelectImage_2017-04-23-09-46-38.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	257842
    Wow, that's interesting to hear! I was on to order the immersive bundle at 1030am right after getting my phone from best buy and fell into that bucket of folks who got screwed and never had a chance. So I held out for a few days hoping samsung would release a few more for us unlucky folks. I even signed the petition against them them thats posted in this forum. Finally said screw it last night and ordered just the Gear VR with controller even though I already have one. Here's to hoping they do the same as they did for you for a few more folks as I really wanted that bundle!
    04-23-2017 09:16 AM
    Anyone get a tracking number yet?
    04-23-2017 10:05 AM
    I don't have any tracking information yet. It seems like if you registered before the deadline you are part of the "reserved 50k" if you chose the 99 dollar bundle. Myself and others here got a separate email a day or so after or initial with link to buy it. If you registered before they sold out you may yet get another email to buy it. I also emailed Samsung when this started to basically tell them this promo was handled like crap. One day later I get link to buy. Not sure if that helped my cause. Maybe it escalated my case. But if you registered early and have no gotten anything it can't hurt to try.
    04-23-2017 10:18 AM
    Your pre order date is the date of purchase. So you are still good to order the $99 promo. Have you tried to order it? Download the Samsung Shop app. Register your phone with Samsung.....Register for the free VR stuff. Then you should get a chance to order the $99 bundle.
    Samsung said the promotion sold out on 4/20 the day before release. Calling Samsung has gotten me nowhere.
    04-23-2017 10:46 AM
    I don't have any tracking information yet. It seems like if you registered before the deadline you are part of the "reserved 50k" if you chose the 99 dollar bundle. Myself and others here got a separate email a day or so after or initial with link to buy it. If you registered before they sold out you may yet get another email to buy it. I also emailed Samsung when this started to basically tell them this promo was handled like crap. One day later I get link to buy. Not sure if that helped my cause. Maybe it escalated my case. But if you registered early and have no gotten anything it can't hurt to try.
    You may have a label created for FedEx. Check FedEx delivery manager. It's only 1.6lbs for mine which was created a little after 8 am on 4/21 which is before they sent me the link for the $99 bundle.
    04-23-2017 11:04 AM
    You may have a label created for FedEx. Check FedEx delivery manager. It's only 1.6lbs for mine which was created a little after 8 am on 4/21 which is before they sent me the link for the $99 bundle.
    1.6lbs is definitely not VR Immersive bundle for $99.

I weighed mine last night from Samsung phone purchase by itself and it's 4lbs without a secondary box for shipment.

Also Gear VR by itself was 1lb 10oz.
    04-23-2017 11:07 AM
    1.6lbs is definitely not VR Immersive bundle for $99.

I weighed mine last night from Samsung phone purchase by itself and it's 4lbs without a secondary box for shipment.

Also Gear VR by itself was 1lb 10oz.
    That's what I was thinking. Since its the weekend I don't think my status will go to gift sent until Monday at the earliest.
    04-23-2017 11:44 AM
    How do you check this FedEx delivery manager if you don't have a tracking number?
    04-23-2017 11:58 AM
    How do you check this FedEx delivery manager if you don't have a tracking number?
    If you are signed up they show anything destined to your address from label created moment.
    04-23-2017 12:07 PM
    Download the FedEx app from app store. Create a FedEx account and enroll in FedEx Delivery manager. It's like the My UPS choice. It will tell you when a label has been created with your address.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-23-2017 12:08 PM
    Download the FedEx app from app store. Create a FedEx account and enroll in FedEx Delivery manager. It's like the My UPS choice. It will tell you when a label has been created with your address.
    OK, Just signed up and I'm showing nothing.
    04-23-2017 12:19 PM
    I was approved and have been in gift sent status since Wednesday and still no action on FedEx delivery manager.
    04-23-2017 12:20 PM
    OK, Just signed up and I'm showing nothing.
    Did you enroll in the Delivery Manager? It's completely separate than creating a FedEx Account.
    04-23-2017 12:27 PM
    I registered on the 19th and I received the link to purchase the bundle on the 22nd. I received a confirmation email, so everything looks good so far 👍
    04-23-2017 12:33 PM
    I pre-ordered my phone from the local TCC store on 01/14. I was told by the sales clerk that I will be given the piece of paper that had the link to register for the free Gear VR when I pick up the phone...she didn't give it to me on the 14th when I pre-registered. So, I believe I will still be able to get the Gear VR because on the 21st, I filled out the form online and included the email from the 14th showing the pre-order. BUT, I was obviously unable to get the $99 package because they were all spoken for by the time I got the paper from the sales clerk on the 21st. Was she supposed to give me that paper on the 14th when I pre-ordered so I could register for the $99 deal then?

I am blown away that Samsung screwed this up so much. On the launch of the phone that was supposed to correct their image after the Note 7 disaster...and they SCREW all of their customers except for a select lucky few. I read that they only had 300k of the $99 package deals to sell. The same article stated that they had over 700k pre-orders in Korea alone!
    04-23-2017 12:51 PM
    Did you enroll in the Delivery Manager? It's completely separate than creating a FedEx Account.
    Yes and I have no current deliveries.
    04-23-2017 12:53 PM
    I pre-ordered my phone from the local TCC store on 01/14. I was told by the sales clerk that I will be given the piece of paper that had the link to register for the free Gear VR when I pick up the phone...she didn't give it to me on the 14th when I pre-registered. So, I believe I will still be able to get the Gear VR because on the 21st, I filled out the form online and included the email from the 14th showing the pre-order. BUT, I was obviously unable to get the $99 package because they were all spoken for by the time I got the paper from the sales clerk on the 21st. Was she supposed to give me that paper on the 14th when I pre-ordered so I could register for the $99 deal then?

I am blown away that Samsung screwed this up so much. On the launch of the phone that was supposed to correct their image after the Note 7 disaster...and they SCREW all of their customers except for a select lucky few. I read that they only had 300k of the $99 package deals to sell. The same article stated that they had over 700k pre-orders in Korea alone!
    I don't think Korea was included in the same promo we were. Also there were only 50k $99 bundles availa le and 350k of the free VR bundle. They may backorder the free bundle. The quantity they had for each promo gift was listed on the terms and conditions.
    04-23-2017 01:06 PM
    Yes and I have no current deliveries.
    On your claim status.. It shows gift sent, but does it show a date range that your gift will be sent. I had selected the $99 promo during the claim registration process and when I got an approval email, it didn't have buy now link for the $99 bundle. They were only sending me the free VR bundle. Before they corrected the issue, my claim status said gift sent but it also showed a date range when my gift was going to be shipped. It said my gift will be shipped between 4/20 and 4/27. That's why I had a shipping label created.
    04-23-2017 01:15 PM
    I was confused by this process. I registered apparently for the $99 bundle intending to just get the free gear VR. I got the email and link back on Wednesday and frankly didn't feel like paying $100 and thought I would get the gear VR for free. Reading all of this and realizing that the $99 deal appears to be a good deal, I went back to the email I received and it let me purchase the bundle. I guess they must have "reserved" one for me when I first registered on Wednesday?
    04-23-2017 01:34 PM
    Same here.
    It took a day or so, but I received a follow up email saying it was approved.
    04-23-2017 01:48 PM
    The gear VR and immersive package should weigh 7lbs when shipped with FedEx
    04-23-2017 03:44 PM
1,162 ... 1617181920 ...