Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I registered on the 19th and I received the link to purchase the bundle on the 22nd. I received a confirmation email, so everything looks good so far 👍

Praetorian27

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I pre-ordered my phone from the local TCC store on 01/14. I was told by the sales clerk that I will be given the piece of paper that had the link to register for the free Gear VR when I pick up the phone...she didn't give it to me on the 14th when I pre-registered. So, I believe I will still be able to get the Gear VR because on the 21st, I filled out the form online and included the email from the 14th showing the pre-order. BUT, I was obviously unable to get the $99 package because they were all spoken for by the time I got the paper from the sales clerk on the 21st. Was she supposed to give me that paper on the 14th when I pre-ordered so I could register for the $99 deal then?

I am blown away that Samsung screwed this up so much. On the launch of the phone that was supposed to correct their image after the Note 7 disaster...and they SCREW all of their customers except for a select lucky few. I read that they only had 300k of the $99 package deals to sell. The same article stated that they had over 700k pre-orders in Korea alone!

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I pre-ordered my phone from the local TCC store on 01/14. I was told by the sales clerk that I will be given the piece of paper that had the link to register for the free Gear VR when I pick up the phone...she didn't give it to me on the 14th when I pre-registered. So, I believe I will still be able to get the Gear VR because on the 21st, I filled out the form online and included the email from the 14th showing the pre-order. BUT, I was obviously unable to get the $99 package because they were all spoken for by the time I got the paper from the sales clerk on the 21st. Was she supposed to give me that paper on the 14th when I pre-ordered so I could register for the $99 deal then?

I am blown away that Samsung screwed this up so much. On the launch of the phone that was supposed to correct their image after the Note 7 disaster...and they SCREW all of their customers except for a select lucky few. I read that they only had 300k of the $99 package deals to sell. The same article stated that they had over 700k pre-orders in Korea alone!

I don't think Korea was included in the same promo we were. Also there were only 50k $99 bundles availa le and 350k of the free VR bundle. They may backorder the free bundle. The quantity they had for each promo gift was listed on the terms and conditions.

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Yes and I have no current deliveries.

On your claim status.. It shows gift sent, but does it show a date range that your gift will be sent. I had selected the $99 promo during the claim registration process and when I got an approval email, it didn't have buy now link for the $99 bundle. They were only sending me the free VR bundle. Before they corrected the issue, my claim status said gift sent but it also showed a date range when my gift was going to be shipped. It said my gift will be shipped between 4/20 and 4/27. That's why I had a shipping label created.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I was confused by this process. I registered apparently for the $99 bundle intending to just get the free gear VR. I got the email and link back on Wednesday and frankly didn't feel like paying $100 and thought I would get the gear VR for free. Reading all of this and realizing that the $99 deal appears to be a good deal, I went back to the email I received and it let me purchase the bundle. I guess they must have "reserved" one for me when I first registered on Wednesday?

8Gaia

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi all.
(Got the phone on the 19th, registered on the 20th, approved on the 21st, paid through app. Current status "Processing")

I received an email with a buy now link yesterday, and I paid for it through the app on the 21st. I clicked such link just in case, because it just says "Processing gift" even before I paid for it. I can track the order trough Samsung Shop app but all I get is "processing". Should I worry/contact Samsung?
1.PNG
2.PNG

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi all.
(Got the phone on the 19th, registered on the 20th, approved on the 21st, paid through app. Current status "Processing")

I received an email with a buy now link yesterday, and I paid for it through the app on the 21st. I clicked such link just in case, because it just says "Processing gift" even before I paid for it. I can track the order trough Samsung Shop app but all I get is "processing". Should I worry/contact Samsung?
View attachment 257887
View attachment 257888

No. You shouldn't worry. It's the weekend. You'll probably see some movement Monday at the earliest. I can't even see it on my orders through the app. I've gotten the order confirmation email and everything but nothing is showing up on my orders.

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Question. I never really thought about it. When I followed the link to pay for the $99 bundle I was never prompted to log in to my Samsung account. Is that going to screw something up ? I hope not.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

No need to worry. Mine says the same thing. It's the weekend, so you probably won't see any updates until tomorrow.

8Gaia

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Alright thank you. I just found it weird that they sent me the link after I already paid for it. Hopefully we will all see some movement tomorrow!

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I also got an email confirmation with order # within a couple of minutes after Placing Order on the Samsung.com website. Order is also in My Account for Samsung.com but no tracking info as of yet.
Mine is not in my Samsung.com account... Which is weird. I do have an order# though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes