06-16-2017 05:03 PM
1,162 ... 56789 ...
tools
    may i ask how come everyone received an EMAIL confirmation?

i filled out the online form and received a last page saying that i'm confirmed and that i'll receive the GearVR in 6-8 weeks. however, i only managed to take a screenshot of that "confirmation page" as i thought it would be wise to have some proof that that's what it told me!!

nonetheless, it worries me now that i never received a confirmation email afterwards!
    04-20-2017 05:16 PM
    may i ask how come everyone received an EMAIL confirmation?

i filled out the online form and received a last page saying that i'm confirmed and that i'll receive the GearVR in 6-8 weeks. however, i only managed to take a screenshot of that "confirmation page" as i thought it would be wise to have some proof that that's what it told me!!

nonetheless, it worries me now that i never received a confirmation email afterwards!
    Go on samsungpromotions.com and click on the Check gift status and enter your email address and it will take you to the status of your claim.
    04-20-2017 05:18 PM
    How long did it take for you guys to get a confirmation email? I submitted the claim for the free VR only. Was approved immediately however I have not received a confirmation email. Tried to check my status on their site and it still hasn't updated.
    I submitted earlier Friday and still haven't gotten an email confirmation
    04-20-2017 05:18 PM
    I registered via the web site and selected the 99 bundle. I have received no approval email. Status of offer on the web site just shows information for a promo from 2 years ago. I tried to register again and it says the IMEI is no longer valid. This is turning into a classic bait and switch scam. My prediction at this point is there are going to be tens of thousands stiffed on this offer and Samsung is going to play hell in the media over it.

I am going to contact Sprint directly on monday and expect them to make good on the offer THEY made. May just give them the phone back. They are already being discounted below pre order pricing. If I am not going to get the promo for preorder, why should I pay the price.
    04-20-2017 05:22 PM
    Email I got looks exactly like one that kale got. The other shots looks like they were from Samsung shop app I think. I did'nt use that. Probably should have in hind sight...
    04-20-2017 05:22 PM
    For Verizon pre-order people....

What did you use for the Date of Purchase field on the promo site? The order process date, preorder date, or the ship date?
    04-20-2017 05:23 PM
    i used the samsung shop app and it is completely blank...i wish i used the website lol
    04-20-2017 05:24 PM
    I'm Tmobile here, but for purchase date I believe you should put in date you preordered it on the website/in store. In my case I preordered on the 12th, processed on the 14th, shipped on 19th. 12th is the day I actually "bought" it. So i picked that
    jamezr likes this.
    04-20-2017 05:25 PM
    Sprint customer here . I pre-ordered on the 30th,but the invoice I received said the order was placed on 4/14. I used the 14th on the promotion page. I registered yesterday, but not for the $99 package, just the free Gear VR and controller. Just got my confirmation email that I was approved. Took 24 hours to get it. Not sure if this helps anyone.
    04-20-2017 05:28 PM
    Just registered after getting the AT&T promo. I'll wait a week and return the device if I don't get the opportunity to pay the $99 for the promo before my 14 day period. Surely Samsung won't screw up again? I'll just be patient for now.
    04-20-2017 05:32 PM
    I just got off the phone with the Samsung promotions department (855-SAM-USA1)...she said that since I purchased the phone through the carrier, they (Sprint) are supposed to send the email with the link to purchase the bundle (which according to everything I've seen online, is simply not true).

At this point, I'm just going to take the headset & controller, and call it a day.
    So talked to TMo. They said it's all Samsung. They have nothing to do with it, just bring up the promo. They paper they even give says what to do.
    04-20-2017 05:32 PM
    I received my phone yesterday and gave my required info via the Samsung Shop app. I had not heard from them until about 5 minutes ago as I was reading this thread. Their email gave me a buy now link and I have completed my order.

The email did NOT come from my carrier (tmo) but from Samsung.
    04-20-2017 05:35 PM
    I used the app to register at 7;00 a.m. today and just received an approved email with a link to pay for the $99 bundle. I immediately paid and received purchase confirmation. No status was available online when I checked 15 minutes prior to the email arriving.
    04-20-2017 05:40 PM
    Email I got looks exactly like one that kale got. The other shots looks like they were from Samsung shop app I think. I did'nt use that. Probably should have in hind sight...
    Here is the conversation I just had with Support Chat
    It seems the conversation lines up with the conversation I had.

Sri V: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
    Johnny Ray: Hello.
    Johnny Ray: I preordered the Galaxy S8+ on 03/30 and recieved it on 04/19 and shortly after receiving the device I submitted the registration for the promotion to get the $99 bundle. I was told I would receive an email after my claim was approved with a payment link to pay for the $99 bundle. I received my approval email today but there wasn't a payment link. It just notified me that my submission was approved and I will receive my Gear VR with controller within 6-8 weeks. Thats great but why didn't the email include the payment link like I was told. I selected the $99 bundle during the claim registration process and I don't want to miss out on it.
    Sri V: Hi Johnny.
    Sri V: Please excuse us for the long hold. We have had an unusually high volume of chats coming in. I would be happy to assist you with any questions you have about our products.
    Johnny Ray: No worries. I understand about the long hold.
    Sri V: Thank you.
    Sri V: Not to worry.
    Sri V: I will do my best to help you out.
    Sri V: Have you registered the phone in Promotion 24 hours ago?
    Johnny Ray: Yes, It was done a little after mid day (Eastern time) Yesterday 04/19/2017.
    Sri V: Thank you for confirming.
    Johnny Ray: I received an approval email saying Congratulations my claim has been approved and I will receive my Gear VR with Controller within 6 to 8 weeks but it didnt have a payment link for the $99 bundle and thats what i was told I would receive in my approval email.
    Sri V: I would like you to inform that you will receive other email so that you can purchase $99 dollars within 24 hours.
    Johnny Ray: It didnt say anything about the $99 bundle that I selected during the Promotion claim registration process.
    Johnny Ray: So there will be 2 emails?
    Sri V: Yes, Johnny.
    Johnny Ray: total
    Johnny Ray: That makes me feel a little better.
    Johnny Ray: Why are other people getting just 1 approval email with the payment link?
    Sri V: Not to worry.
    Sri V: Due to heavy visitors and heavy registration, few people aren't receiving two emails but there are few customers who opted only for Gear VR.
    Johnny Ray: So that I understand you correctly Sri V.
    Sri V: I appreciate your time and patience.
    Sri V: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Johnny Ray: Since I selected the option for the $99 bundle during the claim registration process, I will definitely receive the $99 bundle, and I will get a seperate email with a link to purchase the $99 bundle within 24 hours?
    Sri V: Yes, you are absolutely right, Johnny.
    Johnny Ray: Even thought I've received an approval email already?
    Johnny Ray: Am I correct?
    Johnny Ray: Awesome. thank you Sri V
    Sri V: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Sri V: Please tap on blue "X" button on the top right of chat window so that you can receive a chat transcript to the e-mail address and rate my performance.
    Sri V: If you have received Email, please contact our Samsung promotion team directly.
    Sri V: Samsung Promotion team:- 855-726-8721, seven days a week, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. EST
    Johnny Ray: Not at this time. I will click the Blue X and give a review of the conversation today.
    Sri V: As we in live chat are limited to technical troubleshooting of phones and tablets and we do not have access to their data base.
    Sri V: Thank you, Johnny.
    04-20-2017 05:41 PM
    Go on samsungpromotions.com and click on the Check gift status and enter your email address and it will take you to the status of your claim.
    @Kalelfromkrypton:

thanks for that. i just checked. weird!! the last 2 digits of my IMEI is NOT correct! the 2 digits that are showing are my SECOND AND THIRD TO THE LAST DIGITS of my IMEI!

how can that be?

essentially, they just truncated my IMEI!

very strange, right?

the last 2 characters of my MAC is correct though. whew.

what should one do?

it's already at the "Processing Gift" stage!
    04-20-2017 05:42 PM

Looks like my luck has changed. Got the email. Bought my big bundle. So happy.
    04-20-2017 05:43 PM
    Just got a confirmation for my registration and telling me it will take 2 weeks to get the link the purchase the promo if approved. That's convenient... 2 weeks is right when the return period is over.
    04-20-2017 05:44 PM
    I used the app to register at 7;00 a.m. today and just received an approved email with a link to pay for the $99 bundle. I immediately paid and received purchase confirmation. No status was available online when I checked 15 minutes prior to the email arriving.
    Wow...i did it yesterday. Got approval email 4hrs ago but no link to buy. I was clearly done before you did but you could buy it and not me. They've clearly not run out then. Seems like their preorder system is just screwed up. I emailed Samsung about this. Perhaps if I bug them enough someone at Samsung will "force" a buy link to me. Who knows?
    04-20-2017 05:45 PM
    Someone else is in the same boat on the tmobile reddit Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

so there is at least 3 of us lol
    I have the same issue. Registered last night at 10:40ish PM for the $99 bundle. Still no email and when i check the status, its blank and still under review.
    04-20-2017 05:46 PM
    My email looks completely different. Sigh. I'm hoping that the convo that 1×87 had earlier and what the rep said was true and not just the rep blowing smoke.
    My email looked the same as yours. That was one of 3 screenshots I attempted to post from within the Shop Samsung App. But I guess the AC app only let me post one
    04-20-2017 05:50 PM
    Wow...i did it yesterday. Got approval email 4hrs ago but no link to buy. I was clearly done before you did but you could buy it and not me. They've clearly not run out then. Seems like their preorder system is just screwed up. I emailed Samsung about this. Perhaps if I bug them enough someone at Samsung will "force" a buy link to me. Who knows?
    I just spoke to someone on chat and they said the same thing your rep said. I don't know why it would be like that. It's extremely wierd. I'm on hold with the promo dept. I'm not leaving them alone until I get to the bottom of this. I posted the transcript of the conversation but it has to be approved by a moderator.
    athenatp likes this.
    04-20-2017 05:50 PM
    I just spoke to someone on chat and they said the same thing your rep said. I don't know why it would be like that. It's extremely wierd. I'm on hold with the promo dept. I'm not leaving them alone until I get to the bottom of this. I posted the transcript of the conversation but it has to be approved by a moderator.
    Have you tried to buy from within the Shop Samsung App? That's what I had to do.
    04-20-2017 05:52 PM
    Same thing from 2 reps gives me a little more faith... I would have stayed on hold until they picked up the phone but I'm at home alone with my 5 year old son. I can't devote that much time to a ongoing call. Lol
    Kalelfromkrypton likes this.
    04-20-2017 05:53 PM
    Have you tried to buy from within the Shop Samsung App? That's what I had to do.
    Okay, this is really strange. The app says my claim is still under review, however last night it said it was approved. Now it's different. This is so FUBAR. How does something go from approved to under review?
    04-20-2017 06:02 PM
    I have the same issue. Registered last night at 10:40ish PM for the $99 bundle. Still no email and when i check the status, its blank and still under review.
    does anyone elses say this?
    04-20-2017 06:11 PM
1,162 ... 56789 ...