Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

williejr185

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just checked the status on the samsung website and it has been approved. now just waiting for them to ship it out. I did mine this morning at 6:30 am Central time.

Are you referring to the "check gift status" link? I just tried checking there and it only has old promotions that I received a couple of years ago.

boricuacaddy

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Are you referring to the "check gift status" link? I just tried checking there and it only has old promotions that I received a couple of years ago.

Yes the check gift status link. At firs it only showed the old one's then I checked 3 hours later and it showed the bundle I just ordered but it was only showing pending. I then checked again and it said approved.

williejr185

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Now that I think about it, I ordered through Sprint online so I took a screen shot of their confirmation email and uploaded it as my receipt. I bet that's what messed me up.

williejr185

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I did that too and haven't gotten any response. I hope I didn't just screw myself out of the free VR. :(

For promotions in the past they used to send rejection emails and give people a chance to resubmit. Hopefully that's the case this time if our receipts aren't good enough.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just passed the 48-hour mark from my Approval with no email link to purchase (hopefully yet) -

Thank you for your registration. You're approved.

You can purchase your fully immersive Gear VR experience* for $99 now by clicking the link below. We recommend you purchase now as this gift is available for a limited time, while supplies last, on a first-come, first-served basis. You will also receive an email with your link to purchase for future reference."

And for what it's worth I'm creating a log of documentation -

1) Called Samsung CS at the time it happened - told to wait 24hrs for email.
2) Waited 24 hrs - Called Samsung CS - specifically transferred to Promo depot (after 2hrs) - told not to worry/guarantee I'll get promo and to look for email (within 24hrs +). Requested and given a call record number.
3) Waited 48 hrs - Sent Email support ticket with all screen captures of offer, registration confirmation/approval, and verbiage of the registration. Requested Samsung to send me link to pay from my APPROVED REGISTRATION (since quantities are limited).

Again FWIW

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
For promotions in the past they used to send rejection emails and give people a chance to resubmit. Hopefully that's the case this time if our receipts aren't good enough.

I was told to take a pic of the side if my cell phone box by Tmobile and I recieved a rejection email 7 hours after submission with link to submit my EIP. Waited another 5 hours to get approval of claim and it's now been 14 hours and still no email with a link to pay for my $99 bundle. I'm screen capturing what was said to hhmorgan by the promotions dept when they told him he was guaranteed the promo. If he's guaranteed to recieve it then so should I because I selected the $99 bundle when registering my claim.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been waiting for any kind of response since last night. I submitted via the website since my phones were charging and I hadn't swapped Sims or set them up yet. I only turned them on when I realized I needed the WiFi mac. No confirmation email or anything.
f8b55c4a0e4680256288433a7646d46b.jpg

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site

Once submitted you cannot resubmit. Samsung really f'd up with this promo. If you're going to make billions of dollars off of preorders and offer a promotion to those whom preorder and you're not prepared to give all those who preorder the promotion then don't offer a promotion. The only reason I preordered was to get the promotion $99 bundle. This is seriously FUBAR

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I've been waiting for any kind of response since last night. I submitted via the website since my phones were charging and I hadn't swapped Sims or set them up yet. I only turned them on when I realized I needed the WiFi mac. No confirmation email or anything. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170420/f8b55c4a0e4680256288433a7646d46b.jpg

Me too, and mine was submitted 6 hours before yours, and still no email with a link to purchase. I wasn't even given a chance to purchase the $99 bundle after the registration process like so many others were able to do.

boricuacaddy

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Check Gift Status

Infinitely Immersive Offer

Registration Received
4/20/2017

Registration Accepted

Processing Gift

Device
IMEI
MAC

Status
Congratulations! Your submission has been approved.

This is what it shows on the samsung Gift Status page.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
i was approved also in 10 minutes - just no purchase link provided that will work yet.

HMORGAN.. Apparently those who ordered on Samsung.com were able to select the $99 promotion immediately when they preordered the phone and some people have already recieved the $99 bundle when the recieved their phone. How unfair is that crap? Now I'm really doubting that we will be able to get the $99 bundle even though we selected it. So many people were way ahead of so many others and I'm talking about days. People that preordered on samsung.com on 4/10 we're able to secure the $99 bundle.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Just got email saying my registration was approved. But there is no link to buy the 99 dollar bundle. I most DEFINITELY chose that and it said the link would be with my approval email. Very pissed right now. Going to try to call Samsung...