Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Finally recieved email but guess what... no link to purchase the $99 bundle. Obviously they have already had all 50k claimed. This is utterly ridiculous. The phone hasn't even been officially released yet and they are already out of the $99 bundle. Wow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170420-162330.jpg
    Screenshot_20170420-162330.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 29

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Finally recieved email but guess what... no link to purchase the $99 bundle. Obviously they have already had all 50k claimed. This is utterly ridiculous. The phone hasn't even been officially released yet and they are already out of the $99 bundle. Wow.

Same email I just got. I registered at 2pm on the 18th. This is stupid. on hold with them right now but also trying chat from website since i got a feeling ill be on hold for a while.

dabolick12

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I got the email with the link also. When I click it, it takes me to a Samsung shopping cart with a message saying: The item could not be added to the cart. I guess they are all gone now. Bummer.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Just got an email approval and bought the package. Anyone else? :O

Got email approval but no link to purchase the $99 bundle. Don't hold your breath on actually receiving the $99 bundle. Those who preordered on samsung.com was able to make their promo selections at the time of preorder and pay the $99 for it as well, which is utter BS.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
And the ones who's preorder directly from Samsung would tend to be more tech savvy or power users. And probably more likely to get the extra package... Wow...im pissed.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
HMORGAN.. Apparently those who ordered on Samsung.com were able to select the $99 promotion immediately when they preordered the phone and some people have already recieved the $99 bundle when the recieved their phone. How unfair is that crap? Now I'm really doubting that we will be able to get the $99 bundle even though we selected it. So many people were way ahead of so many others and I'm talking about days. People that preordered on samsung.com on 4/10 we're able to secure the $99 bundle.

Actually that was not an "unfair" situation. I purchased my second phone directly from Samsung.com because you could order phone and buy the package up-front for $99. That package is coming to me tomorrow (Yeah - at least 1). This was Samsung's incentive to order from them vs the carrier or other outlets.

I ordered my first phone on Verizon.com because they offered a great trade-in offer that got my phone for $360. I received this phone on Tuesday 12pm - significantly ahead of orders most were tracking. I expected no issue registering and paying for the package again for $99.

Obviously I was wrong.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I hope those of us that ordered the $99 bundle and sitting in limbo still get the VR headset and this didn't mess up everything!

I still got the free VR bundle, and I just sent Samsung a very very lengthy email about how they just screwed over a LOT of people with this promotion. Those that preordered through our service provider got screwed over on the $99 bundle. Maybe a handful of people will still be able to get it that preordered through their service provider.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: VR Promo not working

Apologies if this is already out there..... Just got off the phone with Samsung due to the fact that my phone would show an "ineligible" IMEI and WIFI Mac number. Apparently, SOME of the phones that went out are not yet registered in the system (like mine). Therefore, you can either wait a "few" days or give them a call (on hold for 1.5 hours) and have them manually complete yours like I did..... Just FYI, if some of you are seeing no orders when you check the "gift" tab. You may want to call if nothing happens in a couple days.
Thanks for the info. May I ask what phone number did you call?

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
d245413ac1a8c0b0c01de255427aa715.jpg
ff4501e57879270aa020d003c915e0f7.jpg

Samsung chat said to wait up to 24hrs for a update. No email either yet.

And why give the option for the $99 promo if they all out.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I managed to contact samsung. I gave up on phone as I was on hold for over an hour (!) but managed to contact them via their chat system (after waiting for 45mins)
Here is tha chat:

shawn : I got the registration confirmation for my Galaxy S8 promotion.
Sireesha M: Hello, Shawn.
shawn : After I registered it said upon approval I'd get a link to purchase the 99 dollar immersive bundle in the email. I chose that option during registration, but my approvval email does not have a link to get the 99 dollar bundle
Sireesha M: I will be right with you.
Sireesha M: Please give me a few minutes to review the information you have shared.
Sireesha M: I see that you need the information regarding the 99$ bundle registration.
shawn : yes. i got the email saying my registration was approved. and said my free Gear VR was on the way. thats great, but I do not have the option to purchase the 99 dollar bundle that has wireless headphones and memory card. I chose that option during registration, and it said id get link in approval email. my approval email did NOT have a link to purcahse it
Sireesha M: Not to worry, Shawn. you will receive the email with the payment link with in 24 - 48 hours from the registration.
Sireesha M: As your purchase is confirmed you will be receiving the email with the payment link in a shorter time.
shawn : So the email with a payment link is a seperate email then saying my registration is approved? im just a little confused as other people have said that the purchase link was in the same email as their approval
Sireesha M: Yes, you will receive a separate email with the payment link in it.
shawn : Ok. I submitted my regustration yesterday. got the approval email today for my free gear VR, and another email will come in a day or so to purchase the 99 dollar bundle?
Sireesha M: Not to worry about the 99$ bundle.
Sireesha M: Yes, you are exactly correct.
shawn : OK. I was looking forward to grabbing the 99 dollar bundle, I know it was limited quantity. I did not want to miss it
Sireesha M: As you have already registered for the 99$ bundle, you will shortly receive the payment link too.
shawn : Are you able to see in the system that the 99 dollar bundle was chosen during registration? I know some people had issues with the website early in the day yesterday. I just don't want to miss it due to a system glitch
Sireesha M: We at Live chat, don't have the option to check for the status as per the security issues.
shawn : Ok. But I will get a seperate email with purchase link then?
Sireesha M: Yes, Shawn. You will receive the email with the payment link.
shawn : OK. Thats all I needed to know.

Well...not sure how much faith I place in this...but she seemed certain that I will get ANOTHER email with purchase link. This is not consistant with what some people have gotten, but it seems like this entire promo process hasn't been consistant. I'll update if I get another email.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Actually that was not an "unfair" situation. I purchased my second phone directly from Samsung.com because you could order phone and buy the package up-front for $99. That package is coming to me tomorrow (Yeah - at least 1). This was Samsung's incentive to order from them vs the carrier or other outlets.

I ordered my first phone on Verizon.com because they offered a great trade-in offer that got my phone for $360. I received this phone on Tuesday 12pm - significantly ahead of orders most were tracking. I expected no issue registering and paying for the package again for $99.

Obviously I was wrong.

It is indeed unfair when so many have to wait to claim their promo. Why give an advantage to anyone when it comes to preorder promotions? No one should be able to claim a promotional offer weeks ahead of others all because they choose to order directly from a certain website.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
It is indeed unfair when so many have to wait to claim their promo. Why give an advantage to anyone when it comes to preorder promotions? No one should be able to claim a promotional offer weeks ahead of others all because they choose to order directly from a certain website.

Especially if we arent told about it. It's not like they advertised people who preorder from samsung have first grabs at it. Same preorder deal and fine print was given to everyone.

jarrettem

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Screenshot_20170420-155415.jpg

Screenshot_20170420-155429.jpg

I registered via the shop for samsung app, about an hour later it switched over to approved. Never got any email confirmations at all, the web "check status" thing has no sign of me.

Today now it doesn't even show a product on there. *bangs head against wall*

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with the Samsung promotions department (855-SAM-USA1)...she said that since I purchased the phone through the carrier, they (Sprint) are supposed to send the email with the link to purchase the bundle (which according to everything I've seen online, is simply not true).

At this point, I'm just going to take the headset & controller, and call it a day.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 257408

View attachment 257409

I registered via the shop for samsung app, about an hour later it switched over to approved. Never got any email confirmations at all, the web "check status" thing has no sign of me.

Today now it doesn't even show a product on there. *bangs head against wall*
Well at least we aren't alone. All I've seen earlier was just me having that "issue".

Still hoping for the best.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance