Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So just noticed that even though my registration is approved, below that there isn't a product or status listed. I opted for the $99 bundle as well. No email so far.

Attachments

• 218.jpg
    218.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 28

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just wait for the email. Once I got the email (14hrs later in my case) it also updated to the buy now screen.

Guess so long it says approved it's good to go

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe Samsung is only giving them to the people that purchased direct from Samsung.

Not true. I ordered mine through VZW and got the promotion.

For everyone wondering I did it through the app and only had to take a picture of my receipt. However, it took about 24 hours for me to get approved and I never received an approval email just checked the status in the app. Once approved it let me purchase the $99 bundle which I just did about 10 mins ago.

I would go through the app only to do the promotion. The website seems to not be working correctly.

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just for giggles I tried to register through the website but it tells me that my IMEI and MAC Address are ineligible. The app never asked for my MAC, just the IMEI. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. I'm tired of stressing over this. If it works it works, if not, I at least have my awesome new phone and it's working great so far.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm Tmobile here, but for purchase date I believe you should put in date you preordered it on the website/in store. In my case I preordered on the 12th, processed on the 14th, shipped on 19th. 12th is the day I actually "bought" it. So i picked that

TMO here too.....I did the same thing. I used my pre order date as my purchase date.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
App still says under review. I'll keep checking it. Seems like our issues are due to their systems being screwed up. Hopefully we will all get it in the end.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
App still says under review. I'll keep checking it. Seems like our issues are due to their systems being screwed up. Hopefully we will all get it in the end.

Yes. The website says approved and my gift has been sent, however the app said my claim was approved last night and now it says under review. I selected the $99 bundle but my approval email didn't have a payment link on it nor did the app, so maybe they are fixing the issue so when it goes to approved again on the app I can be able to purchase the $99 bundle.. Here is to hoping.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
After 8 pages of this, I have one minor little question:

I've gone into the Shop Samsung app and worked through it, and it gives two options regarding which gift you want:

1. FREE Gear VR with Controller

2. Fully immersive VR experience for $99 (over $500 value)

So, are we all completely satisfied that "Fully immersive VR experience for $99" is indeed "the Bluetooth headphones and the 256GB MicroSD card?" I'm just a hair skeptical about that.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
After 8 pages of this, I have one minor little question:

I've gone into the Shop Samsung app and worked through it, and it gives two options regarding which gift you want:

1. FREE Gear VR with Controller

2. Fully immersive VR experience for $99 (over $500 value)

So, are we all completely satisfied that "Fully immersive VR experience for $99" is indeed "the Bluetooth headphones and the 256GB MicroSD card?" I'm just a hair skeptical about that.
Yes. The initial link to it had a picture of what it consisted of.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Same boat as me. I submitted via desktop yesterday. After submission it automatically said I was approved, took me to a page that had a buy button for the $99 bundle which didn't work. Also received the email that my submission was approved immediately but nothing about the bundle. Spoke with a rep who said I needed to call back after 48 hours. This is total BS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar