Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
After 8 pages of this, I have one minor little question:

I've gone into the Shop Samsung app and worked through it, and it gives two options regarding which gift you want:

1. FREE Gear VR with Controller

2. Fully immersive VR experience for $99 (over $500 value)

So, are we all completely satisfied that "Fully immersive VR experience for $99" is indeed "the Bluetooth headphones and the 256GB MicroSD card?" I'm just a hair skeptical about that.
I mainly did it for the headphones I already have the sd card from my note 7. I plan on selling the card and the headset that came with the phone along with b & o headphones I got with my v20.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I got a second, second email. This time the link worked and I was able to purchase the $99 bundle.
Ok...so you got another email beyond the first approval one? That's what chat told us. We were wondering if it was legit. I'll be looking for a second email for myself then. This is good news.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I did 2 phones on the same order. First one I just got the "Please wait 2 weeks for a review" email. The 2nd one I got the buy link on. No idea why the first one would require review.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine says gift sent, but still no tracking email.
2774dbc29707bd36e671ec3fbf7f563b.jpg

Diet6

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Anyone good with dissecting contracts? Think there's any way samsung could get a class action over this? It seems pretty tightly worded, but at this point I'm jaded enough to look at alternatives.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my phone via JOD on T-Mobile, received it yesterday 4/19.

Submitted for the $99 bundle via the Samsung app, using my JOD EIP confirmation PDF with the IMEI as the receipt.

That part was easy, however still no email to actually pay for it.

I got my email today, took a couple of attempts, but I got it to go through

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 257466

Mine's been like this since yesterday. No email, I think the app is busted for me, and the website says invalid mac and all that. I've called them 3 times, 6 hours in total, each time I've talked to them I've gotten nowhere. Also tried the live chat, they can't do anything but look up stuff on the website so their "live support" is pretty much just human google.

Extremely frustrated at this point, worst customer experience ever.

Mine on the app says: "Your registration has been approved", but no link or email to actually pay for it. I have hope now, it's under offers in the app. Just worried that there is no email and that it's not showing up samsung webpage when checking for offer status. My old submissions are showing up.

dabolick12

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok...so you got another email beyond the first approval one? That's what chat told us. We were wondering if it was legit. I'll be looking for a second email for myself then. This is good news.

I got the confirmation email without a buy link. I got another email that said the first was an error and to wait 24-48 hours for the email with the buy link. I got an email with a buy link that didn't work (item can not be added to the cart). Finally, I got another email with a buy link that worked. Confused yet?

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I got two emails, and the second one does appear to work. But the bundle showed up to purchase in app without the link anyway.

Txchas

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I used the Shop Samsung app and took a picture of my AT&T receipt with the registration process. Instant acceptance and link to purchase the $99 Fully Immersive Gear VR bundle. I even used Samsung Pay to complete the purchase to get extra Samsung points. Free 2nd Day Air shipping. Instant order confirmation. The process was very easy.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well at least we aren't alone. All I've seen earlier was just me having that "issue".

Still hoping for the best.

Mine shows exactly the same. If you think they have any idea what's going on over there, how's this for a CS response via email:

"Samsung fully immersive VR Experience box for $99 is only for the Galaxy S8/S8+ pre-ordered from Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung App. You will be not eligible for the gift as the phone has been pre-ordered from Verizon. "

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Mine shows exactly the same. If you think they have any idea what's going on over there, how's this for a CS response via email:

"Samsung fully immersive VR Experience box for $99 is only for the Galaxy S8/S8+ pre-ordered from Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung App. You will be not eligible for the gift as the phone has been pre-ordered from Verizon. "

WTF!!!! How is that the case. Can you print screen that email and post it on here. Nowhere on any fine print says it's only for Samsung.com or the app. Others are being able to claim it when they've preordered through a service provider. Very strange.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered from Verizon on March 30th and received my phone on Wednesday the 19th. Went onto the website and put in my info for the VR and $99 dollar bundle and like many others, it said processing. Today, I downloaded the shop Samsung app and went onto it and just clicked the redeem button and it said I already redeemed and then brought up a new page saying that I'm approved and let me purchase the $99 dollar bundle with free two day shipping. So just a heads up to people who ordered online. Try waiting a day and then check the shop Samsung app. Worked for me.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Wow...just wow... I think those of us in the forums know more about this promo then Samsung.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Wow...Yup that person doesn't know what's going on.

Which is crazy cause carriers are promoting that.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

We are in making sh** up mode now.

Should have sent back link to FAQ's and this from that link:

What kind of proof of purchase will I need to provide to redeem this offer?
If you’ve purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+, you’ll need a receipt showing that you purchased it between 3/30/17 and 4/20/17 as follows:
In-Store Purchase: Save your register receipt.
Online/Phone Purchase: If ordered online or over phone, please save email confirmation of purchase as well as the packing slip received with the device.
If you do not have any proof of purchase, you will need to return to the carrier/seller store and request a proof of purchase that lists which device you purchased as well as its purchase date.
Sam's Customers, please upload your pre-registration confirmation email in addition to your final purchase receipt.
Wal-Mart Customers, please upload either your in-store layaway contract or online order confirmation email, in addition to your final purchase receipt.

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
First, the bottom line: I got my email with the link, put my $99 on AmEx, and got an email confirmation that the order is complete.
Now for the details: Yesterday, when my phone came it, registering for this was the second thing on my agenda (case and screen protector were first). I suspected the $99 package was going to be in short supply and I wanted to get mine in.
I used the app (200 points SOUNDED good) but Iet my phone shutdown before it was completely finished. When I connected power and opened the app, I got "oops, already submitted promotion".
Like most of you, no email, and the web verification had no record based on my email, and told me to wait 24 hours.
I did (and passed the time by reading the tales of woe on here) and after 24 hours with no email and no web confirmation, I called Samsung. I waited on hold while I worked for an hour. Then I gave up and went home. I finally resigned myself that I probably wouldn't get the card and headsets, and may even miss out on the VR gear.
Then 10pm the email with the link came through, and it all worked.
Probably also worth mentioning, I bought (leased) from Sprint.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from t mobile on 4-14. Got the phone on the 19th. I submitted for the $99 offer the same day, using the web. No email, no confirmation, nothing. So I tried again today and got a message saying the imei or mac address is not eligible.

I'm assuming that's because the first attempt went through, even though I'm still waiting for a confirmation email.

How long does it take to get some sort of acknowledgement?

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I ordered from t mobile on 4-14. Got the phone on the 19th. I submitted for the $99 offer the same day, using the web. No email, no confirmation, nothing. So I tried again today and got a message saying the imei or mac address is not eligible.

I'm assuming that's because the first attempt went through, even though I'm still waiting for a confirmation email.

How long does it take to get some sort of acknowledgement?

Been waiting 57 hours so far here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad