Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

jrcdpm

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I went for the VR with controller. Got the message that they could not read my receipt from picture using app. Then uploaded my contract agreement with Verizon and they said it did not show an eligible phone (it did) and you could only try to submit twice. Had to try customer service on the phone several times with very long wait periods. After 45 minutes on hold this morning finally got through. Reviewed what I had sent and said it was fine and would escalate the review. What a ridiculous process. Awaiting confirmation e-mail now. Never got an e-mail from Verizon with a link to redeeming the offer.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My gift status looks different today. I ordered and paid for the $99. bundle and this is what I'm showing today.
(I blurred out the last 2 digits in the picture)

Is this the bundle or only the Gear VR gift?

gift1.jpg

jbsmart4444

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
I received a Fed Ex notification that my "experience is being shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Only thing is the package only weighs 4 lbs. Is that inclusive of the total package or will the VR Goggles come in a separate package?

psurob55

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
still being reviewed....wth?

Edit: nevermind. App was showing in review, but actually got the approved email 2 days after I registered and overlooked it. Placed order...here's hoping!

Last edited:

8Gaia

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I received a Fed Ex notification that my "experience is being shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Only thing is the package only weighs 4 lbs. Is that inclusive of the total package or will the VR Goggles come in a separate package?

Congratulations. 4lb sounds like its the bundle. The VR is like 2lb, the rest should amount to less than 2lb. Mine still stuck in processing (already paid for it)=(

8Gaia

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
My gift status looks different today. I ordered and paid for the $99. bundle and this is what I'm showing today.
(I blurred out the last 2 digits in the picture)

Is this the bundle or only the Gear VR gift?

View attachment 257978

Nice! I dont think it would be 4lb if it was only the VR. Question, when did you pay for the bundle? I was hoping to see some movement in my account today but it just says processing. In the app it just says my registration was approved.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Nice! I dont think it would be 4lb if it was only the VR. Question, when did you pay for the bundle? I was hoping to see some movement in my account today but it just says processing. In the app it just says my registration was approved.

I paid for the bundle ont he 20th. Do they consider the $99. bundle a gift?

I still have no tracking number or anything.

luis trujillo2

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Re: Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

When I did it, it let me purchase more than one bundle at $99 each, so I went ahead and ordered 30,000 of them. Figure I can make a nice profit seeking them on eBay. Especially now that they seem to be sold out for some reason.

Hit me up

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I paid for the bundle ont he 20th. Do they consider the $99. bundle a gift?

I still have no tracking number or anything.

So I just pulled up what I have to compare...
If I look at Samsung Gift Status it says infinitely immersive like yours, which is the freebie gift.
If I look up Samsung order status, my invoice says fully immersive package is being sent, which is the $99 package.
For whatever that's worth to ya ;)

Edit:
P.S. my gift status page says processed also.
No expected delivery date
No tracking number
No bank hold/charge

I'm just sitting in digital pergatory waiting for the gods of Samsung to cast judgement :D

Last edited:

8Gaia

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
If I look at Samsung Gift Status it says infinitely immersive like yours, which is the freebie gift.
If I look up Samsung order status, my invoice says fully immersive package is being sent, which is the $99 package.
Argh mine says Confirmed in the Samsung Order page. Also I didn't get any email about the order on my Samsung account email. I got it on my Paypal Account email.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Edit:
P.S. my gift status page says processed also.
No expected delivery date
No tracking number
No bank hold/charge

I'm just sitting in digital pergatory waiting for the gods of Samsung to cast judgement :D

I'm seeing nothing under my orders. :(

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Argh mine says Confirmed in the Samsung Order page. Also I didn't get any email about the order on my Samsung account email. I got it on my Paypal Account email.

Is that the contact email you used during ordering? I have the same issue and I'm starting to think that's why.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and it's because I used a different email address during order than the one my Samsung account is registered to (I think that's why anyway).

Try this page.

I paid for the $99. bundle with PayPal which has a different email address than my Samsung account.
Wonder if this is my problem?

8Gaia

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Is that the contact email you used during ordering? I have the same issue and I'm starting to think that's why.

I did everything with the same email as my Samsung account. The only difference is the paypal email address. The order confirmation email got to my Paypal email somehow but even there my shipping and billing info has my other email listed.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I did everything with the same email as my Samsung account. The only difference is the paypal email address. The order confirmation email got to my Paypal email somehow but even there my shipping and billing info has my other email listed.

Did you receive a tracking number?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc