Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

c00lgoose

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I've been lurking around this thread and some over on Samsung. I never reached out to Samsung over the past two weeks and just got my shipping notification.

Preordered on the 31st.
Received on the 19th from T-Mobile.
Sent info for approval on the 19th.
Received approval on the 20th.
Received buy email on the 22nd.
Purchased on the 22nd.
Received shipping notification from Samsung and FedEx today.

It was a great deal for $99, and it made my decision to get the phone. I didn't bother contacting Samsung, as I didn't really think it would make any difference. With promos and free stuff, it is a gamble. Much like Black Friday specials. I don't shop on Black Friday, but if I got something that was a good deal, I would be excited to get it, but not disappointed if I didn't.

Based on following these threads over the past week or so, it seems like they are getting towards the end of the stock and the cutoff may be those that purchased on the 22nd. It seems like once they approved you, it locked in the stock for a period of time and then purchasing it secured your stock.

I'd be interested to see if anyone was able to pay on the 23rd. I haven't run across any yet.

Everyone that got an order confirmation should be good-to-go.

I paid on the 23rd and yet to receive any shipping notificarion.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I preordered on 12th, got phone 19th, approved 20th. link to buy on 22nd, shipped today. Like you said, if you got link to buy I believe you had one "reserved". Since many people got it last week, and then more this week that leads me to believe they had a problem with stock. Or since the system was screwy, perhaps they oversold the 50k they had, and decided to order more stock to fulfill them versus simply telling people they're screwed. At this point, im just glad it's finally coming.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For those who got a shipping notification, does your eCommerce Order Status change from CONFIRMED to any other status, or does it add anything to the order status page?

And for the Check Gift Status, does it show anything more than this status:
Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
For those who got a shipping notification, does your eCommerce Order Status change from CONFIRMED to any other status, or does it add anything to the order status page?

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed.

Mine says "Shipped".

SNOOP97DAWG

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone received their bundle without being notified? NO email no FedEx notification just delivered? I'm curious since I see my status as sent but still have no email no nada

8Gaia

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site

my promo says Under Review and it has already shipped. Order info says "In Transit".

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone get their emails in the middle of the night or do you think they do fulfillment during standard business hours?

Sorry for the questions, it's just frustrating. Check this guy's story out on Reddit - his coworker orders his S8 after he does and that guy gets his VR bundle, while he is still waiting for his.

UPDATE! Spoke too soon! Just logged into FedEx Delivery Manager and a second label from Brightpoint was created on Wednesday at 11:09PM. This one is set for a Friday delivery and is 4.5 lbs. Is that the Infinitely Immersive Bundle or the Fully Immersive Bundle?

Samsung's sites still show nothing yet, but I suppose those will update sometime later. Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel, at least.

Michael Loveless

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I got my email in the afternoon. It showed up in FedEx Delivery Manager first, and then I got an email about 10 minutes later. It seems that when they print the shipping label, it automatically pushes to FedEx and sends an email.

It might look like the orders are fulfilled randomly, but based on what I've seen the past two weeks, it appears it might actually be following a logical order. Approvals happened after the receipt was verified. Some people it was almost instant, others took a few days. I imagine they had some sort of scan on the upload first, and those are who get it almost instant. Those of us that took a few days, it might of had a manual review. So there was a lot of changing "positions" with who did what first.

It also looks like after the approval, where you selected your gift, it possibly reserved it for a period of time so you could then buy it. So all those people trying on the 20th, and getting sold out messages, while the users approved could still buy it on the 22nd/23rd.

There had been some odd behavior in the order status in the app, versus the gift check online. However, it looks like they all are pretty consistent. My online check showed the gift shipped 4 days before it shipped. My app, under promotions is basically blank, and no tracking in the app under orders. I now also see under review in the app, where it used to say approved.

I've spent way too much time reading all of these threads, and the one thing I've come away with is that everyone so far receives it eventually, if they received an order confirmation after paying. Any other combinations of experiences not above hasn't proved too many successful orders going to shipping.

Almost all orders are moving in waves, in order of date. Yesterday had a lot of shipping on people's orders from the 21st, and today the 22nd. I'd expect those who paid on the 23rd, would be up next.

There are always exceptions, but it seems to be moving along in a particular order for most.

I don't have a problem with the ordering or shipping process. The failure was communication on their behalf to set expectations. I cannot imagine them being a restaurant, expecting and having staff for 120 guests for the day and then 15,000 show up. You can't train anyone instantly to cover the deluge of people. The only way to handle it is you​ communicate and let people know where they stand upfront. You will still have a lot of angry people, and most likely the ones you do serve, get very little service, since you have 9,880 mad people. It is just like the Slickdeals effect, where people or systems just get overwhelmed, and it is impossible to correct immediately. There are limits to people, servers and phone systems. If they simply stated the process upfront, and released some sort of official notice on social media, everyone world be ok and they wouldn't have just had two crazy weeks.

I was ok with whatever, as long as I didn't have $99 tied up or missing. Just not in my nature to stress over what I can't control. I just wanted to save money on a decent package deal if possible.

Everyone that had an order confirmation should be getting shipping info soon. I imagine the bulk of the stock is already shipped, since we are nearing the 23rd orders being shipped out. It will happen soon for almost everyone, bar some exceptions, as happens with large numbers of anything.

Last edited:

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
My shipment isn't due to be delivered until Friday but it's already in Atlanta which is maybe 45 minutes from me. It arrived a little after 3am. I wonder if they will deliver it today.. one day early. Is that possible? Does FedEx deliver early?

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
So apparently my package is literally 25 minutes from where I live but I can't pick it up because the shipper has made it impossible for me to select hold for pick up at FedEx location. Apparently FedEx can refuse to give me MY package. Wow. Lol.

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone still waiting for the email with payment link and promo code? I was able to submit the morning of 4-21-17 and approved for the bundle but never received the email for payment. I have a ticket open with Samsung but they are really incompetent and only provide scripted responses!

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone still waiting for the email with payment link and promo code? I was able to submit the morning of 4-21-17 and approved for the bundle but never received the email for payment. I have a ticket open with Samsung but they are really incompetent and only provide scripted responses!
I'm in the same situation. Selected $99 bundle the morning on 4-21.
Submitted 4-21
Approved 4-22
Says "Processing Gift" with the clock icon above it since. No movement from there.
6426e46941d66b5487ee9fb90f1a538b.jpg

IYTYJO

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Received my package yesterday...but I had to go to FedEx to actually get it since they tried to deliver while I wasn't home...no biggie. I'm happy to see more people getting their shipping notifications!!!
Has anyone actually played with the VR yet? I haven't opened anything yet.

latinoboi30

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been lurking around this thread and some over on Samsung. I never reached out to Samsung over the past two weeks and just got my shipping notification.

Preordered on the 31st.
Received on the 19th from T-Mobile.
Sent info for approval on the 19th.
Received approval on the 20th.
Received buy email on the 22nd.
Purchased on the 22nd.
Received shipping notification from Samsung and FedEx today.

It was a great deal for $99, and it made my decision to get the phone. I didn't bother contacting Samsung, as I didn't really think it would make any difference. With promos and free stuff, it is a gamble. Much like Black Friday specials. I don't shop on Black Friday, but if I got something that was a good deal, I would be excited to get it, but not disappointed if I didn't.

Based on following these threads over the past week or so, it seems like they are getting towards the end of the stock and the cutoff may be those that purchased on the 22nd. It seems like once they approved you, it locked in the stock for a period of time and then purchasing it secured your stock.

I'd be interested to see if anyone was able to pay on the 23rd. I haven't run across any yet.

Everyone that got an order confirmation should be good-to-go.

I was able to pay a few days after the 23rd. It took me a while to decide to buy the bundle or not. I originally registered for the free gear vr and controller, but then received an email stating I was approved to buy the $99 dollar bundle. So I called Samsung and the escalated my issue, then I received an email stating that I could not go free gear vr from $99 dollar bundle. I then explained to them that I did not chose it, and that tons of people here are in the same situation as I am. They again escalated the issue, and then I received another email stating that they will contact me when they come up with a solution (which the email never came). I finally got tired of waiting and went back to that buy now email , and clicked in it and it worked and went through.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star