Old cable with adapter or new ones for the new S8+

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I know I will get a new charger, and a new cable and one adapter with the new S8+.

Will charging be affected if I take my old cable and old charger to work, that being from my HTC One M8 and then use the adapter? Or would I be better off getting a new charger or new cable or both?

I ask because I had a cheap car charger and cable from Ebay in my car and someone gave me their car charger from their Samsung Galaxy 6 and it charges faster it seems

If I dont need new cables, then I will look somewhere for adapters to use, maybe just two of them (car and a backup)

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site
You can use an adapter just fine (they are cheap on Amazon), but the actual charger should be at least quick charge 2 compatible or better if you want to charge quickly

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I know I will get a new charger, and a new cable and one adapter with the new S8+.

Will charging be affected if I take my old cable and old charger to work, that being from my HTC One M8 and then use the adapter? Or would I be better off getting a new charger or new cable or both?

I ask because I had a cheap car charger and cable from Ebay in my car and someone gave me their car charger from their Samsung Galaxy 6 and it charges faster it seems

If I dont need new cables, then I will look somewhere for adapters to use, maybe just two of them (car and a backup)

If you don't mind slower charging speeds then just get the adapters from Amazon. (Went that way myself for quite a while) you can always slowly build up a supply of new chargers. FYI the Samsung charger is USB A to USB C.

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Also, you don't have to buy samsung chargers either, just quick charge compatible ones if you want the fast charging. They usual suspects from amazon (aukey, anker, etc.) Seem to work great

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol