Who's Returning there S8-S8+

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I say it's the battery. The screen size difference between the 8 and 8+ is smaller than the battery size difference, which means with all other things being equal, the 8+ will last longer.

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm not returning it, but will exchange it. It has the pinkish hue around the edges. In addition, the whites screens have a "cloudy" look to them.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about returning it. While it's a nice phone, for my purposes, it's not a huge improvement over the S6. And, the fingerprint thing is already driving me nuts. Not only is it in a horrible position, but it's not very accurate. Major fail.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about returning it. While it's a nice phone, for my purposes, it's not a huge improvement over the S6. And, the fingerprint thing is already driving me nuts. Not only is it in a horrible position, but it's not very accurate. Major fail.

Amazing... Had the S6E, the S7E, the iPhone 6+, and even the LG V10 and the 8S Plus is by far the fastest and most accurate FPS I've used. I don't love the placement but the iris scanner is so great that it rarely matters. Only thing I miss about my S7E is being able to unlock it while it's flat on the desk.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the edge about returning it........

I might get the S8+..... I'm not sure yet....

At first I thought the same thing just because I believe it's a keeper and if it is I might as well upgrade to the bigger one. But now, I'm pretty content on what I chose. I've said it over and over...I plan on using the $100 I saved towards the Note 8.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
No way. I am loving my s8+ a lot, except for the reddish screen although I'm not sure if it's my eyes playing games and psychologically believing it because of reading so many people talk about it

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I am enjoying the s8 I have so far. I don't love the fps. Because of the position I don't always get my finger on it just right which results in an incorrect scan. I hope this will improve once I get used to it

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i'm with you. I believe my S6 Edge + was the greatest phone Sammy ever made, and i skipped the S7 due to that. But after the Note 7 problems and seeing how they devoted their entire company to the design of S8 Plus i had some pretty high expectations of it and got mine Wednesday. While it is a beautiful device to be sure, it didn't really give me that "wow factor" over my beautiful (& still pristine) that my S6 Edge+ does, and the new touchwiz (to me) was a real downer, wayyyyy to Google-ly & Apple-esque for my liking. The RIDICULOUS 2 tier clock (hour on top, minutes under it) on the lock screen drove me bonkers in just the day & 1/2 i owned it....

Great device that i am SURE will not disaapoint too many, but for me, since i purchase device outright, the 900+ price tag including tax just seemed like throwing away money. With my 4GB Ram S6 Edge+, i didn't notice ANY speed difference whatsoever, and battery seemed same, so i decided to just mosey off into the sunset with her & my beautiful Frontier LTE watch : )

s6 and watch.jpg

BTC

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Odd. iPhones are awful at my work yet my Android phones have been great.

Android, or samsung android. i ask because when i had the Note 7 i also noted that the cell reception was poor (compared to my 6+) and folks on here responded that it was a known samsung issue.

That being said so far with my S8 plus so far i have a very consistent 3 bars at my work.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The WiFi on my S8+ is better than my Pixel XL and my friends crapple 7 phone.

I have gigabit Internet at home:

S8+ 500/500
Pixel XL 300/300
crapple 250/250

This is about 20 feet away from my ASUS AC88 router.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Android, or samsung android. i ask because when i had the Note 7 i also noted that the cell reception was poor (compared to my 6+) and folks on here responded that it was a known samsung issue.

That being said so far with my S8 plus so far i have a very consistent 3 bars at my work.

Samsung, Google, LG, etc.

Also don't look at bars. Bars mean nothing when comparing it from phone to phone since each phone has different ways of displaying signal. You could have the same signal but one phone shows 4/5 bars and the other shows 2/5.

Always check the -dBm signal within the settings for the true phone signal.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
The WiFi on my S8+ is better than my Pixel XL and my friends crapple 7 phone.

I have gigabit Internet at home:

S8+ 500/500
Pixel XL 300/300
crapple 250/250

This is about 20 feet away from my ASUS AC88 router.

No big difference here, on 300 up and down with FiOS:

S8+ -- 323/330
7+ -- 328/322

Nicholas Sgherzi

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I've never once used the fingerprint scanner on any phone that had the capability. I find it to be a waste of time. As far as the height of the phone goes. The screen is 6.2", what are you expecting?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Amazing... Had the S6E, the S7E, the iPhone 6+, and even the LG V10 and the 8S Plus is by far the fastest and most accurate FPS I've used. I don't love the placement but the iris scanner is so great that it rarely matters. Only thing I miss about my S7E is being able to unlock it while it's flat on the desk.

Double tap the home button and you can use a pattern.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
No red tint on mine! I will say this seems smoother than the Note 7 I owned. Not as much lag! Overall a lot easier typing on it than the S7 edge I had.

I will say if I still had the Note 7 I wouldn't have bought the S8 Plus because the S8 isn't much difference except the newer processor and the Note has the Spen and I would have just waited for the Note 8. Note 7 and S8 Plus are equals IMO. S8 has a couple newer features but the Note 7 makes up with the Spen to even it out.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I've never once used the fingerprint scanner on any phone that had the capability. I find it to be a waste of time. As far as the height of the phone goes. The screen is 6.2", what are you expecting?

Funny how everybody wants to come in here and trash the OP for posting this . . If you're happy and not returning yours then this post isn't for you and you can move along without comment . . .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz