Card holder cases

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I've never used one of these before, but I like the idea of not carrying a wallet most of the time. Between Samsung Pay and leaving insurance info in my glove box, I think I could pull it off, with one of these cases holding my DL and one credit card for backup. I'm not into the folding "wallet" style cases, just the hidden card kind of cases. Anybody use these and have any input?

I found these three on Amazon. Any thoughts as to which one is slimmest, easiest to use, etc?

41odxP1zqXL._AC_US160_.jpg

Spigen Slim Armor CS
It's a Spigen, so the quality is a known quantity.

51oRU9l2jdL._AC_US160_.jpg

CoverON SecureCard Series
I like how the door on this one doubles as a kickstand.

41lkArymSSL._AC_US160_.jpg

Clayco Argos Series Hybrid Wallet Case
I like how the card slot door is the whole back; makes it a lot more discreet.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I gave up my wallet when I got my S6. I use this pouch from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NU3LW5Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

It's not fancy, but it's very durable. I carry my license, a credit card (for restaurants where Samsung Pay doesn't work), health insurance card, and a $20. If I have a receipt, extra bills, or extra card, it fits fine.

No problems with it getting pulled out of shape, loose, or pulling off the back of the phone.

One tip: If you do with a pouch, get black. I tried using the white one with my white S6, and it looked filthy in no time. The black one looks fine.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I've used one with the side slide pocket and it lasted about 24 hours. I don't think it was that brand though.

I just got this case yesterday and have been using it for the last 24 hours. I like it but it doesn't offer much screen protection. It will not wireless charge with cards in the pockets but does find without them. Again, I like it but I'm not feeling real comfortable with the lack of front glass protection.

Just thought I would throw out a different option in case you don't mind the lack of front protection.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I got the spigen card case and it is fairly thin in hand and if you orient it on the wireless charger right it will charge through the cards and cash in there.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I have that spigen one and it works well. Currently looking for a leather one with the cards in the front so I can possibly wireless charge. I also use a magnetic car mount.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I just got the CoverON case today. Here's the review I posted to Amazon:

"First thing's first: this case will not hold both a credit card and a driver's license. One credit card works fine. If you had two thin cards (like a bus pass and a DL) that might fit. When I put the DL and credit card in the case, it was difficult to get in, and the case bulged enough to make it wobble on a flat surface. Getting the cards back out was an exercise in frustration. Nuff said: don't expect to get two average cards in this case.

"The kickstand/card door seems pretty flimsy at the hinge; not sure how long it would hold up.

"Otherwise the case is pretty solid. It holds the phone really well and doesn't peel off on the sides easily like some other TPU cases. It seems like it would protect it well in a drop. It's 12.5mm thick, as opposed to 10mm for a more normal case. That doesn't seem like a big difference but it's immediately apparent in the hand. Not that it's bad, just saying. The maximum thickness, on the lips at the top and bottom of the screen, is 14mm and keeps the screen off whatever surface nicely. The cutout for the fingerprint sensor is wide enough to give good access and I had no problems activating it with this case on. The case also gives good access to the edge curves, for activating the edge panels.

"Overall it's a nice case. It just won't work for my purposes because I need to carry both my ID and a backup credit card. -2 stars for misleading description. [I rated it 3 stars]"

I think I'll order both the Spigen and the Clayco next and see how they are.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7