11-27-2017 11:13 AM
90 ... 234
tools
    Textra all day!
    05-23-2017 11:32 AM
    I'm pretty boring but i use the default sms app on my s8+ XD don't really care about how it looks as long as it sends the messages (i don't even do mms just basic sms)
    05-23-2017 11:44 AM
    I get the most common contacts pop up for textra when I go to share things from other apps. Exactly what you've described. I don't think that's really limited to the stock messaging app, it's just that not every third party app supports it yet.

You got me thinking about handcent now. Something about Textra def has me bored lately. Could just be me though, I get bored easily when it comes to certain things lol
    Oh that's good to know. I know with Handcent it wasn't doing that. At least it wasn't with my S7 Edge and V20 anyway. I never really got too far with Textra because I just hated the bland look of it. Functionality wise, it's awesome. I just really like to have a background, like I said.

Handcent is crazy as far as customization, like I mentioned. It also has delayed sending and you can set it to send messages in the future so you won't forget birthdays and whatnot. It's worth checking out. It's a little heavy handed though. It's slightly slower opening up for the first time after it's been cleared from the recent apps but it is a nice app.
    05-23-2017 01:16 PM
    Oh that's good to know. I know with Handcent it wasn't doing that. At least it wasn't with my S7 Edge and V20 anyway. I never really got too far with Textra because I just hated the bland look of it. Functionality wise, it's awesome. I just really like to have a background, like I said.

Handcent is crazy as far as customization, like I mentioned. It also has delayed sending and you can set it to send messages in the future so you won't forget birthdays and whatnot. It's worth checking out. It's a little heavy handed though. It's slightly slower opening up for the first time after it's been cleared from the recent apps but it is a nice app.
    Yea I have experience with Handcent from a few years ago but always came back to Textra. I'm sure it's changed considerably since then, though it's no surprise it's still a heavy app. It's always been amongst the top customizable texting apps. I love that you can customize literally everything, but that's a bit overwhelming sometimes, so it could tend to discourage some people from learning/using the app. Not saying that's what happened with me, but just saying...

Have you tried YAATA yet? It's crazy customizable, just like handcent, but if my memory serves I believe it was still a speedy application to use.
    05-23-2017 02:01 PM
    Yea I have experience with Handcent from a few years ago but always came back to Textra. I'm sure it's changed considerably since then, though it's no surprise it's still a heavy app. It's always been amongst the top customizable texting apps. I love that you can customize literally everything, but that's a bit overwhelming sometimes, so it could tend to discourage some people from learning/using the app. Not saying that's what happened with me, but just saying...

Have you tried YAATA yet? It's crazy customizable, just like handcent, but if my memory serves I believe it was still a speedy application to use.
    Yes, Handcent is a bit overwhelming at first for sure! Once you dive in and get going, it's pretty awesome though. No, I haven't even heard of YAATA. I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
    05-23-2017 04:00 PM
    I concur with Textra. Though it has some bugs using it with T-Mobile. But there is a setting specifically for T-Mobile and that seems to resolve it. There are still some issues, but the stock app also has the same bugs so I'm assuming those are on their end. I've been using the stock app on my s7 and now my s8 for better gear s3 integration, but it seems I haven't really used any of the features I gain on the watch from using the stock app. I may switch back soon. The stock app on phone is a bit frustrating.
    What bugs with T-Mobile are you experiencing, and what setting are you speaking of? I have issues with Textra and T-Mobile too, mostly with Group (MMS). Don't know of any settings change. I've since gone back to the stock message app.
    05-23-2017 04:09 PM
    No, I haven't even heard of YAATA. I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
    You got it. Yea it stands for Yet Another Android Texting App. Been around for a while now ... If you like custom, and the performance to go with it, I think you might dig it. I might give Handcent or YAATA a whirl again now, at least for a little while, because I am actually starting to get a little bored of Textra lately. Anyway, if you try out YAATA let us know your thoughts
    05-23-2017 05:03 PM
    What is this Textra of which people speak. I use Verizon but the consensus seems so overwhelming that I'll load Textra tonite. Pretty much how I found SwiftKey - and I'll never go back.
    05-24-2017 10:54 PM
    What is this Textra of which people speak. I use Verizon but the consensus seems so overwhelming that I'll load Textra tonite. Pretty much how I found SwiftKey - and I'll never go back.
    Go to the Play Store and download Textra.

I've been using it for years and it's really the best imho
    05-25-2017 07:33 AM
    Textra for me. Especially since I can send all my texts via mms and don't have you deal with the sms issue from the iPhone users who see my text parsed and out of order
    05-25-2017 01:36 PM
    I have been using Signal for my Text and if they have WhatsApp, using that, mainly with my kids as a replacement for iMessage and FaceTime. No issues here but I am coming from an iPhone so still learning. Long ago when I was on Android I used Handcent but moved away, could possibly to back.
    05-25-2017 02:17 PM
    I've been using GBOARD & ANDROID MESSAGING. I love them both. Note you can't actually send any gifs with gboard using the stock Samsung App. So that is why I use Android messaging as well. I think they make the perfect combo so now I can use/send gifs, change contact messaging colors, change keyboard colors and layout (beach pic for my keyboard) and you can even search google within the keyboard! it's a an amazing combo! Everyone should try this out! No Textra for me. The app looks cheap imo and not paying to remove ads.
    wxboss likes this.
    07-31-2017 05:21 PM
    Now once Samsung Stock mess. app supports gifs, and all these features then I will revert back but until then, these two apps are the best!
    07-31-2017 05:22 PM
    I’ve just moved from iPhone to s8 and noticed that the messaging app doesn’t tell you that there are multiple participants in a text chat.

I.e. I receive a message in a group text but it only shows sender details and not the other parties in the txt. This is dangerous as I cant see that I’m sending texts to other parties.

Can this be fixed with a setting in the samsung app or is there another app that identifies all parties in text.
    11-25-2017 05:15 PM
    Signal user here. Tried them all..
    11-27-2017 11:13 AM
90 ... 234