Full screen

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site
For those that haven't found it yet, id you go to settings>display>Full screen apps, you can get rid of the letterboxing that occurs on several apps due to the elongated screen.

Paul109

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
For those that haven't found it yet, id you go to settings>display>Full screen apps, you can get rid of the letterboxing that occurs on several apps due to the elongated screen.

Does that make it fit to screen or will it just stretch it if you know what i mean lol

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried any videos in landscape mode this way how does it look? Does it cut off a lot of content, does it look like its just zoomed in and the natural way to watch the video?

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Does that make it fit to screen or will it just stretch it if you know what i mean lol
On the few apps I have tried, it appears to tell the app the correct resolution and it just works. For example, Firefox now takes up the whole screen instead of being letterboxed and it appears as though it is not stretched. You can actually see more of the web page.

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried any videos in landscape mode this way how does it look? Does it cut off a lot of content, does it look like its just zoomed in and the natural way to watch the video?
haven't tried any videos with it. It appears to be a fix for apps that incorrectly set their size to the wrong screen shape. It seems to somehow tell the app the correct size to set to so that there is no letterboxing and no stretching.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You can choose letterbox (default), stretched (fat distorted faces etc), or crop which looks good but sometimes the top of a guys head isn't in the picture or his feet are cut off etc. Some scenes look fine. Others it is obvious cropped image is missing part of. scene.

I like cropped the best but many will prefer letterbox. I cannot imagine anyone would like stretched.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781