05-21-2017 11:13 PM
230 1234 ...
tools
    Be aware, tint you might see along edges might actually just be from the curvature of the glass (it is a curved screen afterall). You're seeing the far most edge of the panel from an off axis. I saw a SLIGHT tint on the edges as well, but noticed if I rotated the phone to see the edges head on the color balance was perfect (just like the front). My display looks perfectly fine.
    jjinal and karmamule like this.
    04-20-2017 04:05 PM
    So was the s6 edge+ and note 7 a different type of screen? I had both and neither of those had a red around screen...
    04-20-2017 04:12 PM
    I agree when you look at an angle the tint will mostly disappear, but I don't think I should have told hold it exactly so I don't have a border around my white screen
    04-20-2017 04:14 PM
    So was the s6 edge+ and note 7 a different type of screen? I had both and neither of those had a red around screen...
    I would'nt call it red for mine. Just a slight off tint of the screen like you'd see from viewing a screen from a far angle. barely noticeable for me but im hoping people dont see that and think its a defect. thats just seeing some pixels from an off angle
    4nicku8 likes this.
    04-20-2017 04:19 PM
    I have the same red Hugh around the corners this has been talked about on the internet I believe this is on every unit not sure if it's normal or not I'm on Sprint but I tell you about my direct from Samsung I'm returning it if I have a defective unit
    04-20-2017 06:20 PM
    No red here. Not that I can see any way.
    04-20-2017 06:25 PM
    Okay I'm on Sprint I got my phone directly from Samsung I just opened it up and I notice a slight red Hugh around the edges of the screen you can only see it at certain angles I'm not sure if this is on every unit I know I'm not the only one who has this please comment
    04-20-2017 06:26 PM
    With auto brightness on I did see a red flavored contacts screen today while driving in a car with dark windows. Brightness at 50% = No problems at all.
    04-20-2017 06:28 PM
    Mine had red tint all the way around edges....about an 1/8".. more noticeable at top and bottom. I could see it right away when powering on.
    I turned red all the way down and that did nothing. Called Verizon and getting replacement, I've never had to do that before...shouldn't have to worry about something like that on an almost $900 device
    Yup, suffering from the same problem. Turned redness all the way down and I still have a hairline at the top and bottom of the screen.
    jackash0912 and recDNA like this.
    04-20-2017 06:53 PM
    Wow, well I feel better that I'm not the only one....the question is....is it a defect? And will a replacement be better?
    04-20-2017 06:57 PM
    Wow, well I feel better that I'm not the only one....the question is....is it a defect? And will a replacement be better?
    One of my colleagues had their S8+ delivered tonight. I'm waiting to look at his tomorrow and see what his screen looks like. My wife's regular S8 is flawless. I'm not sure if the issue is from the size and curvature of the screen.
    04-20-2017 07:01 PM
    Mine had red tint all the way around edges....about an 1/8".. more noticeable at top and bottom. I could see it right away when powering on.
    I turned red all the way down and that did nothing. Called Verizon and getting replacement, I've never had to do that before...shouldn't have to worry about something like that on an almost $900 device
    Maybe I will call them. The problem with this though is they probably aren't opening up the new one to see if it has the issue so it would be better to replace in the store so when they take it out to set it up you can see if it has the same issue.
    04-20-2017 07:01 PM
    One of my colleagues had their S8+ delivered tonight. I'm waiting to look at his tomorrow and see what his screen looks like. My wife's regular S8 is flawless. I'm not sure if the issue is from the size and curvature of the screen.
    Yeah it is hard to know if others do not have it or if maybe they just can not see it? The note 7 or the s7 edge with their curved screens did not have this issue so I think it is a defect. They always open the device at the store when giving it to you so we could then see if it does not have the issue.
    04-20-2017 07:04 PM
    T-Mo S8 here, no red hue on the edges
    04-20-2017 07:09 PM
    OK if I can't see a supposed visual defect, why is that any different from there not being any visual defect?
    I was not trying to be rude lol just some people do not see as well as others or see colors different or might not be bothered by it. For instance, I can clearly see the red tint on my phone and when I showed my GF she hardly knew what I was talking about. And so there is a difference between someone not seeing it, but it is there and so all the phones really have the "issue" or if their phone really does not have any red on the edges at all. That is all I meant...
    04-20-2017 07:17 PM
    It reminds me of a couple of years ago when the 1st batch of kindle fire HDX tablets came out, some people complained about A blue discoloration around the edges. When people said they weren't experiencing it, others became frustrated and they insisted that they were and they tried their best to get to these people to see it so that they would also be irritated with their tablets.
    I am getting my S8+ tomorow and I am already irritated. Better not have a red screen else I will be seeing red not just on the 'Infinity Display'. You know, the actual Screen, the main marketing concept they lure us in with? Here's the new Phone, it had an amazing display. Amazing until you turn it on, that is.
    04-20-2017 07:34 PM
    I have a slight "off color" on the edges as well. Not really red, just slightly off. This is on att. It is soooo small but I'm sooooo ocd lol. Really don't want to exchange as I'm sure it is probably just how the display is. My wife said she could barely notice it. Ugh. Phone is amazing otherwise.
    04-20-2017 09:44 PM
    I think the curve of the screen is causing an illusion. It's bending the light and causing a slight tint.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    04-20-2017 09:47 PM
    Not me ... Have a Silver S8 on VZ.

Cheers, Jon
    sergysn likes this.
    04-20-2017 09:49 PM
    I turned the red setting all the way down and its still red along the edges. If I hold it at the right angle you can see it all over the screen too.
    04-20-2017 09:56 PM
    Anyone talk with their carrier yet to see what they say?
    04-20-2017 10:06 PM
    So, the red I saw in the photos in the other forum was a solid pink throughout the entire display. I did not have it, until I turned on the blue light filter. Then the whole screen was pinkish. Turned off the blue light filter, it went away.
    jjinal likes this.
    04-20-2017 10:14 PM
    No red here.
    04-20-2017 10:33 PM
    I could be the reflection.. or this post has me seeing red.. but i do notice a tint of red.
    with that being said.. one person stated it could be the reflection of the curved screen.
    when i took a screen shot and looked at it on my computer I didn't see it. Can anyone confirm this?
    Here is my screenshot.
    those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?-screenshot_20170420-230954.jpg
    04-21-2017 01:15 AM
    So, mine has a red tint out of the box. I went into the color balance settings and adjusted the red all the way down. I still see somewhat of a red tint but it's no where near as bad as it was when I first turned it on. Here are some comparison photos I took against my LG V20. Both screens are at max brightness.

Before:
    those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?-oqmb10s.jpg

After:
    those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?-plfu4p6.jpg
    04-21-2017 02:36 AM
230 1234 ...