those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
It took six (!) S6 Edge phones for me to get two that didn't glow when turned off, or that would actually put the screen into the proper orientation when the phone was rotated.

Given that luck, I'm supremely confident that most if not all of the four S8/S8+ phones that I am picking up today will have blazing red displays.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
It took six (!) S6 Edge phones for me to get two that didn't glow when turned off, or that would actually put the screen into the proper orientation when the phone was rotated.

Given that luck, I'm supremely confident that most if not all of the four S8/S8+ phones that I am picking up today will have blazing red displays.

Haha can you let us know?

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine has a pinkish tint visible on everything that should be white now. Going progressively pinker, especially in the upper left hand corner. Weird thing is when I do a screen print, it's not there.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Well mine is red mainly on the outer left corner I'm sending it back to Samsung next week if we don't get the software update fix this is bull**** I spent $900 out of my pocket like most of us did for this damn phone and it's junk and quite frankly I feel it's unacceptable I call Samsung and he said the only thing I can do is send the phone back for refund will take 10 the seven to 10 days to get my money back

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Just came from local Best Buy. Both demos of S8 and S8+ had very pink displays. Not just on the edges, I mean the entire display was pink. Being a demo, they had display settings locked out. The Samsung rep saw me playing with the phones and came over. He immediately jumped on the defensive and said next week's software update will fix it. I told him I doubted you can fix a hardware problem with an update. He became more defensive and swore that they could. I told him that I will return next week and if he can show me an updated phone with a perfectly white screen I'll think about it. Good luck, Samsung.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Just came from local Best Buy. Both demos of S8 and S8+ had very pink displays. Not just on the edges, I mean the entire display was pink. Being a demo, they had display settings locked out. The Samsung rep saw me playing with the phones and came over. He immediately jumped on the defensive and said next week's software update will fix it. I told him I doubted you can fix a hardware problem with an update. He became more defensive and swore that they could. I told him that I will return next week and if he can show me an updated phone with a perfectly white screen I'll think about it. Good luck, Samsung.

I think the the phones with all red screens will be able to be fixed. Mine had red at different angles and turning down the red fixed it but not around the edges. I'm also now wondering if it's more blue now but have no way of testing. I don't think turning down red all the way, even if it gets rid of the red tint, is a good solution.
Pretty crappy situation overall.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Comparing this screen to my S7E, it definitely is not as good when viewing from angle. It turns redish the more you tilt and just not as bright. However, it really doesn't bother me.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah mine isn't that bad but when I turn down the red it doesn't do anything for the edges... I'm just wondering if I should waste time going to Verizon if they even have to exchange right now... I showed my gf and she hardly notices it and thinks I'm overreacting but it's driving me crazy lol
Since limited time to return I would report it right away. Maybe they will take it and send another right away.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Why do you doubt that it can be fixed via software?? The software controls the color, tint, etc. I see no reason why a software update can't fix it.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Good evening ThrottleJohnny, Bixby here. I see that you are looking well. As for the rest of the team, good job guys, keep it up, "next weeks software update will fix this".
By that time their eyes will have adjusted to the display and no longer recognize the "tint". Like a cigarette smoker doesn't notice the smell of his smoke whereas people who don't smoke do.
"Next weeks software update will fix this". Like the software update that fixed the elusive Note 7's exploding battery ;)

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Comparing this screen to my S7E, it definitely is not as good when viewing from angle. It turns redish the more you tilt and just not as bright. However, it really doesn't bother me.

Yeah from the note 7 and even my v20 the viewing angles are worse on this. Strange since Samsung is usually known for their displays and the display on this phone is literally everything...

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Since limited time to return I would report it right away. Maybe they will take it and send another right away.

Yeah but it looks like they are making you send in the phone first? I can't be without a phone... Seriously ridiculous considering its their fault we are having this issue

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine has a pinkish tint visible on everything that should be white now. Going progressively pinker, especially in the upper left hand corner. Weird thing is when I do a screen print, it's not there.
The screen capture may save the image being sent to screen but not account for display anomalies. It's not taking a picture of the screen.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious... if you set the display to night mode and push the slide on full orange and then take a screenshot, does the screenshot show the image with the orange night mode hue or does it show it properly?

The screen capture may save the image being sent to screen but not account for display anomalies. It's not taking a picture of the screen.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Question to all with the red tint on their screens... did you notice the problem exist brand new out of box or did the tint start appearing after some use?

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I noticed mine right out of the box but I made mention about it somewhere and one of these threads the demo I seen at Best Buy before the launch I was hoping my phone didn't have this

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance