05-21-2017 11:13 PM
230 ... 34567 ...
tools
    04-22-2017 02:32 PM
    No red here. I did have a dead pixel and I did an exchange.. but both screens are white.
    04-22-2017 02:58 PM
    No red here
    04-22-2017 05:17 PM
    04-22-2017 09:38 PM
    not a hint
    04-22-2017 09:40 PM
    I just don't get how they can fix it with a software update and better calibration options. If we just turn down the red isn't that going to just mess with the whole balance?
    04-23-2017 02:11 AM
    I just don't get how they can fix it with a software update and better calibration options. If we just turn down the red isn't that going to just mess with the whole balance?
    I'm awaiting this update 'fix' but really not sure if it will work. I have the option of returning the unit to exchange for a new one but what's the point if Theres a chance the other one may be affected?
    04-23-2017 02:53 AM
    Yes just put a bandaid on the problem to cover it up
    04-23-2017 08:34 AM
    Yeah. Mine is good back to Samsung if they can resolve this the only problem is i only have 14 days for full refund
    04-23-2017 09:14 AM
    Here is an article for you to check out. Samsung is going to be pushing a software update to try to fix this.

Samsung to try and fix Galaxy S8 red screen problem with update, might not work
    Thanks for sharing.
    LineKill likes this.
    04-23-2017 10:31 AM
    On my device the red tint is greatly reduced with the slider, but amoled modes and basic mode are still very red on the whites.
    After reading alot about this issue I now can't seem to avoid any red tint on my device, so much for placebo effects lol.
    But still, if they adjust the amoled modes to what I've set with the red slider toned down, I believe it might work alright.

And to keep things in perspective, on our other samsung devices including an iPhone 6 plus the whites aren't white either.
    I will be anticipating the color patch next week...
    04-23-2017 02:05 PM
    I'm awaiting this update 'fix' but really not sure if it will work. I have the option of returning the unit to exchange for a new one but what's the point if Theres a chance the other one may be affected?
    I feel the same way because though I see a slight...Very slight pink hue in a line on the edge...Is it worth exchanging for a possible problem that's worse?
    04-23-2017 02:25 PM
    I feel the same way because though I see a slight...Very slight pink hue in a line on the edge...Is it worth exchanging for a possible problem that's worse?
    But you might also get a device that isn't affected. I decided to send mine back for a replacement and see how that turns out. If it's another defective one I'm prepared to change it once more before I call it a day and go to a iPhone.

We pay a lot for these premium devices and something as critical as the screen should be perfect. I fear that if Samsung don't sort this issue quickly and given the issues only a few months ago with the note 7 this could cause a lot of long term damage to their reputation.
    04-23-2017 02:45 PM
    But you might also get a device that isn't affected. I decided to send mine back for a replacement and see how that turns out. If it's another defective one I'm prepared to change it once more before I call it a day and go to a iPhone.

We pay a lot for these premium devices and something as critical as the screen should be perfect. I fear that if Samsung don't sort this issue quickly and given the issues only a few months ago with the note 7 this could cause a lot of long term damage to their reputation.
    I agree. It's not very noticeable and I can live with it so far...I put a screen protector on it so don't want to waste that.
    04-23-2017 02:54 PM
    Here's what I'm looking at can you see anything on the right side?
    Attached Thumbnails those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?-1410.jpg  
    04-23-2017 02:55 PM
    I guess you wouldn't see the edge never mind
    04-23-2017 02:56 PM
    How bad is yours?
    04-23-2017 02:57 PM
    I think the curve of the screen is causing an illusion. It's bending the light and causing a slight tint.
    Something to think about...
    04-23-2017 02:59 PM
    Looked on the S7 edge forum and wouldn't you know it....Someone had a pink line on the edge...
    04-23-2017 03:00 PM
    Mine runs along the top 1/4 of both edges and along the top with a general warm pink along the top 1/3 of the screen. It's not as bad as some pics on the net but when you compare the bottom of the screen to the top you can see the difference and I just know that if I don't get it sorted it will bug me every time I see it!

I'm not sure what the terms of return are with your carrier but here in the uk (Tesco) you can return the phone within 14 days and just cancel your contract with no reason and you can also have a refund, exchange or repair for any faults that develop within 30 days. If this is a widespread problem as it appears then I'm sure carriers will be sympathetic to customers who are experiencing these issues.
    04-23-2017 03:06 PM
    S8+ Black on Sprint.
    Absolutely pink and being a photographer I won't stay with this.
    We checked the only other two available at my Best Buy and both had the exact same issue to differing degrees.
    It is treatable by decreasing the red in Adaptive Display but I never use that setting.
    The other 3 are non adjustable and all three exhibit the issue.
    It can be seen straight on, at various angles, along the edges etc.

This is not simply that Samsung "warmed" the screen up a bit. This is a hardware issue.
    zipro likes this.
    04-23-2017 06:52 PM
    Well there's no way they will recall this! Just cover it up with a software tweak update, hard to believe this is actually a issue
    04-23-2017 07:30 PM
    Well there's no way they will recall this! Just cover it up with a software tweak update, hard to believe this is actually a issue
    It isn't on mine.
    04-23-2017 07:49 PM
    Screengate!
    04-23-2017 08:41 PM
    https://www.xda-developers.com/south...display-issue/

Funny article... Samsung purposely developed deep red display panels to avoid the possible issue of too much green. Well I guess they took care of the green. And the part of it's not a quality problem but if sw fix still doesn't fix then they'll exchange it.

Eh, just first run problems and such to sort out. Always gotta do some tweaks when manufacturing. The vid below shows the guy using a NIX color sensor to get RGB readings... you'd think Samsung would have similar tests to make sure no screens go out the factory outside tolerances. Guess, they'll have to up there QC with a 8 point screen test.

In future runs I imagine the QC will be upped and no issues of pink screens.

04-23-2017 09:12 PM
230 ... 34567 ...