those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine had a slight tint to it, just go to setting>display>screen mode>color balance. I slid the red color slider down almost all the way to make the white bright and crisp. Web pages and photos look just fine after making the adjustment. A friend thought theirs was fine until I set mine next to their phone after making the adjustment and our display brightness levels were the same and neither phone had a screen protector. Also where the screen curves at the edge you may notice slight color change but that is simply catching reflections by the changing curves of the screen. Before I did the adjustment it was very faint but I'm into photography and work with photoshop a lot so I'm used to noticing the slight tints. The tint was not nearly as bad as the one in this photo.
https://www.androidcentral.com/site..._images/2017/04/s8-red-tint.jpg?itok=RUI0S3Kx

Yeah mine isn't that bad but when I turn down the red it doesn't do anything for the edges... I'm just wondering if I should waste time going to Verizon if they even have to exchange right now... I showed my gf and she hardly notices it and thinks I'm overreacting but it's driving me crazy lol

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine has some red on the edges but for me it is not worth hassle to go to store and ask for exchange unless Samsung is recalling it...

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Red Screen Issue Exchanges

Hey everyone! I am having the issue with a red/pink tint around the edges of the phone. Changing the color balance so does not fix the issue. I am on Verizon Wireless.
I showed my GF and she thinks it is hardly noticeable and that I am overreacting, but it is driving me crazy.

My question is that because we received these before the official release date has anyone been successful in exchanging theirs out yet?

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine had red tint all the way around edges....about an 1/8".. more noticeable at top and bottom. I could see it right away when powering on.
I turned red all the way down and that did nothing. Called Verizon and getting replacement, I've never had to do that before...shouldn't have to worry about something like that on an almost $900 device

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Be aware, tint you might see along edges might actually just be from the curvature of the glass (it is a curved screen afterall). You're seeing the far most edge of the panel from an off axis. I saw a SLIGHT tint on the edges as well, but noticed if I rotated the phone to see the edges head on the color balance was perfect (just like the front). My display looks perfectly fine.

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I agree when you look at an angle the tint will mostly disappear, but I don't think I should have told hold it exactly so I don't have a border around my white screen

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
So was the s6 edge+ and note 7 a different type of screen? I had both and neither of those had a red around screen...
I would'nt call it red for mine. Just a slight off tint of the screen like you'd see from viewing a screen from a far angle. barely noticeable for me but im hoping people dont see that and think its a defect. thats just seeing some pixels from an off angle

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Red Screen Issue Exchanges

I have the same red Hugh around the corners this has been talked about on the internet I believe this is on every unit not sure if it's normal or not I'm on Sprint but I tell you about my direct from Samsung I'm returning it if I have a defective unit

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Okay I'm on Sprint I got my phone directly from Samsung I just opened it up and I notice a slight red Hugh around the edges of the screen you can only see it at certain angles I'm not sure if this is on every unit I know I'm not the only one who has this please comment

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
With auto brightness on I did see a red flavored contacts screen today while driving in a car with dark windows. Brightness at 50% = No problems at all.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Mine had red tint all the way around edges....about an 1/8".. more noticeable at top and bottom. I could see it right away when powering on.
I turned red all the way down and that did nothing. Called Verizon and getting replacement, I've never had to do that before...shouldn't have to worry about something like that on an almost $900 device
Yup, suffering from the same problem. Turned redness all the way down and I still have a hairline at the top and bottom of the screen.
3ec8ced4139f0564bc0fc9d4062f4b56.jpg

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Wow, well I feel better that I'm not the only one....the question is....is it a defect? And will a replacement be better?
One of my colleagues had their S8+ delivered tonight. I'm waiting to look at his tomorrow and see what his screen looks like. My wife's regular S8 is flawless. I'm not sure if the issue is from the size and curvature of the screen.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I will call them. The problem with this though is they probably aren't opening up the new one to see if it has the issue so it would be better to replace in the store so when they take it out to set it up you can see if it has the same issue.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
One of my colleagues had their S8+ delivered tonight. I'm waiting to look at his tomorrow and see what his screen looks like. My wife's regular S8 is flawless. I'm not sure if the issue is from the size and curvature of the screen.

Yeah it is hard to know if others do not have it or if maybe they just can not see it? The note 7 or the s7 edge with their curved screens did not have this issue so I think it is a defect. They always open the device at the store when giving it to you so we could then see if it does not have the issue.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
OK if I can't see a supposed visual defect, why is that any different from there not being any visual defect?

I was not trying to be rude lol just some people do not see as well as others or see colors different or might not be bothered by it. For instance, I can clearly see the red tint on my phone and when I showed my GF she hardly knew what I was talking about. And so there is a difference between someone not seeing it, but it is there and so all the phones really have the "issue" or if their phone really does not have any red on the edges at all. That is all I meant...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781