those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If it were reflection then that would be a horrible design defect because you'd have to worry about images, movies, photos, everything color distorted just because light reflecting it just right.

Your screenshot pic looks perfectly white on my iPad I'm reading this from so if you can also pull up your pic on a computer and tablet that you know color if perfect on screen and hold your phone next to it and it doesn't match... then it's the phone screen.

I could be the reflection.. or this post has me seeing red.. but i do notice a tint of red.
with that being said.. one person stated it could be the reflection of the curved screen.
when i took a screen shot and looked at it on my computer I didn't see it. Can anyone confirm this?
Here is my screenshot.
View attachment 257486

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Question to all with the red tint on their screens... did you notice the problem exist brand new out of box or did the tint start appearing after some use?
Right out of the box. The first thing I did, after transferring the data from my old phone, was change the RGB settings.

I still have a hairline red line at the top and bottom of the screen. Waiting to see what it looks like after this update we are expecting to get next week.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... looking at pics of S8s I took at BestBuy last week I did notice and thought screens between the S and + were different but didn't really think any pink effect. Just thought OLEDs vary at times. But the in second pic taken week before, the screens were closer in white balance.

Attachments

• IMG_4296.jpg
    IMG_4296.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4143.jpg
    IMG_4143.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 44

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Possibly. My guess that if it's a matter of a batch of screens outside tolerances, the software patch will basically widen the limits of software adjustment on color to adjust out the red. I bet it will help some with mild case but then if still doesn't fix then they'll have no choice but to replace or screen replacement.

Why do you doubt that it can be fixed via software?? The software controls the color, tint, etc. I see no reason why a software update can't fix it.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Just launched the MLB app and turned on a baseball game to watch. The colors on the video are off with a slight pink hue. I adjusted the RGB settings back to stock and relaunched the video with no changes.

I'm fed up and not waiting for the software update, the phone goes back to AT&T tomorrow. I'll give the phone some time and I'll consider purchasing it again at a later date.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That's why as excited I get when new tech comes out, I never in the rush to be an early adopter anymore. Always things to sort out in beginning of production whether you see it or not in manufacturing.

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Just had my 8+ delivered and yes it has a pink screen! It's not as bad as some of the pics on the net but it's definitely around the edges and top edge of the screen. Putting it next to my s7 on the same screen settings and you can see the difference.

Just notified my Carrier who were going to offer to exchange it but little point as the next one that is delivered could be exactly the same and I'll end up just going around in circles! Gonna wait to see if this software update fixes things otherwise it's going straight back for a refund and I'll go back to the iPhone.

After the issue with the note 7 you really thing Samsung would have ensured that nothing like this pops up but this could be another fiasco if the software update doesn't do its job.

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Must admit this is not looking good. The phone is excellent in every other way. Some things you could compromise with but given that the screen is such a integral part of a phone I simply can't.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For those that do have the red tint, who's confident that this will be 'fixed' with a software update?
They're hoping you get used to it and keep the phone. Lots of people don't have the problem. I'd exchange or return it until u get one that looks right without some maybe future fix.

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a 30 day window in which to return the phone if it's faulty for a repair, exchange or refund. I'll see how this software fix goes as I don't want to exchange one faulty phone for another. If things don't improve then I'll be going back to a iPhone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey