those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Is it just my s8+, or are others full screen color balance flipped? For me when I move the slider to the right where it says warm, my display actually gets cooler, and moving it to the left where it says cool, my display gets warmer, like it's flipped. Very weird. Any of you experience the same?

I'm on TMobile by the way and got the update this morning

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I don't have that. I do get the green/blue bar at the top when I lower edge colors. On the sides it works perfect though.
It kept my previous slider settings and now looks a tiny bit better on the white. I don't need to lower the temp bar, gets too dirty then. Overall good Whites now, but tilting the screen still gives a red haze over the display. I guess that will never go away.

VonSohn

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I immediately saw a red tint, albeit faint, in my S8. Then, comparing it with my S7 Edge, I realized it's not that prominent. I guess the calibration of both screens is different, and after using the S8 for a while I noticed that the s7e screen is a bit green.

All in all, the screen looks great, no issues such as banding (which my s7 has), so I would't risk an exchange that could or could not solve the red hue, which might as well be related to OCD, and end up with a screen with other problems.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Looking back at this update I must conclude that my borders are unevenly coloured. Right+top is more red than left and bottom, so adjusting the edges will still show this unbalance since it changes all borders at the same level.
Also tilting my device slightly gives a cheap looking red hue, I have to hold it straight not to be bothered by it, but people looking over my shoulder immidiately see it as a red tinted screen, or like salmon.
I will wait some more for news about any further screen fixes from samsung, but suspect I simply have a faulty screen.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't adjust mine anywhere near tolerable, even after the update. This is my replacement, the first one was worse. I'm done with Samsung.

My carrier is sending me a return kit. They are going to refund me. I have an LG G6 on the way to replace it.

maelji9

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I received the update and it eliminated the red - when I engaged the maximum "cool" setting. However, now on the opposite side , where the screen wasn't red, it is overly blue and clouding the right edge a bit. I've literally tried every demo unit I could get my hands on - they all had the red. The Verizon guy cut me off at opening four boxes, all of which had red borders. I on my second unit, pissed off, and wondering how anyone got lucky enough to get a normal screen. Sidenote: I actually did find one single s8plus that was normal. Interestingly, it didn't have the same font or icons as mine. I asked the Verizon dude and he said it was a preproduction unit they got in advance of launch. Shrug.

Last edited:

hashfork

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
It was slightly noticeable on mine before the update, now even less. I'm not sure whether people are hyper-sensitive or whether some really are much worse than others.

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
AT&T update improved my pink borders a lot. There's still a hint of it due to refraction, same as on my S7Edge, but the look of the display being "stained" is gone. In the stores I saw demo units were afflicted regardless of size. S8's had it too.

VonSohn

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I ordered both an s8 and an s8+. The s8 had a red tint all over the screen and a yellowish zone at the bottom left corner. The s8+ was a mess: pink edges and top of the screen. Even the whole display had a grainy texture. I returned both, and am not coming back.
What's going on with Samsung's QC??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza