those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
It's not a widespread issue regarding Samsung. That's a cause of an amoled display. Amoled is more of a lottery than lcd. That's why there's display settings to balance the color. I mess with mine every time I get a new Samsung device.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It's not a widespread issue regarding Samsung. That's a cause of an amoled display. Amoled is more of a lottery than lcd. That's why there's display settings to balance the color. I mess with mine every time I get a new Samsung device.

Actually quite a few users reporting it. Definitely defective devices. No "fire engine red" jokes please.

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
There are multiple people on Reddit seeing red tint on the edges only and will be replacing the phone. Some are only on one side.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
There are multiple people on Reddit seeing red tint on the edges only and will be replacing the phone. Some are only on one side.

Ugh...yep I definitely have a red tint around every edge. It is minimal but still there. Are they having luck with exchanging the phone? I guess I'll have to do that tomorrow... So annoying.

Edit: just realized that we got these before release...do the carriers have them at the store yet to even exchange?

Last edited:

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Mine had a slight tint to it, just go to setting>display>screen mode>color balance. I slid the red color slider down almost all the way to make the white bright and crisp. Web pages and photos look just fine after making the adjustment. A friend thought theirs was fine until I set mine next to their phone after making the adjustment and our display brightness levels were the same and neither phone had a screen protector. Also where the screen curves at the edge you may notice slight color change but that is simply catching reflections by the changing curves of the screen. Before I did the adjustment it was very faint but I'm into photography and work with photoshop a lot so I'm used to noticing the slight tints. The tint was not nearly as bad as the one in this photo.
https://www.androidcentral.com/site..._images/2017/04/s8-red-tint.jpg?itok=RUI0S3Kx

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Mine has the reddish tint around the edges. I adjusted the color balance turning the red all the way down and still see some reddish tint around the edges. I know that the stores will not have any to exchange any time some so I may call customer support and see what they can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith