04-03-2018 11:51 PM
163 ... 4567
tools
    Yes you can change the color of your clock on the lock screen. Please see my post as to how. Several colors to choose from.
    10-26-2017 01:14 AM
    I worked on this for hours lol. Thank you, your instructions worked perfectly!!!
    11-13-2017 08:07 AM
    Annoying stacked clock on lock screen fix: To change the clock format on the lock screen, go to "Always on Display". Under "clock style" click on "digital clock.". At the bottom left, click "clock style". From here, it shows different clock formats to choose from. You can also change the color of your clock and/or select a background. (Options also on bottom) Just make sure you click "Apply" at the top once you make your customizations.
    This does not work, this is for the standby screen not the lock screen. It is impossible to change this ugly *** clock from the lock screen without downloading some sort of theme that I still haven't found yet. I am onto a note 8 these days and it still does the same dumb s***.
    11-13-2017 08:10 AM
    I just changed the clock on my AoD to the normal looking clock on my s8+, then turned AoD off and the Lock Screen clock changed to the horizontal/normal one and stayed like that. Hope this helps you guys!

Edit: only stays like that while I have notifications.. as soon as I clear them, it's back to the ugly clock -_-
    badcat likes this.
    11-25-2017 02:20 PM
    I just changed the clock on my AoD to the normal looking clock on my s8+, then turned AoD off and the Lock Screen clock changed to the horizontal/normal one and stayed like that. Hope this helps you guys!

Edit: only stays like that while I have notifications.. as soon as I clear them, it's back to the ugly clock -_-
    On 7.0 it will always revert to the funky looking clock on lockscreen if you don't have a pending notification.
    On Oreo beta, they changed it and you can actually set a separate clock face/color for the lockscreen . It's nice. So hang in, it's coming with Oreo if you don't have the beta right now.
    pankaj981, badcat and Norg like this.
    11-25-2017 06:01 PM
    Lock Screen and Security > Information and Facewidgets > Roaming Clock(toggle off).

You are all Welcome
    12-04-2017 06:35 AM
    Lock Screen and Security > Information and Facewidgets > Roaming Clock(toggle off).

You are all Welcome
    Umm... nope.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    12-04-2017 08:39 AM
    My AOD screen and Lock Screen

Is there a way to change the clock on the lock screen on the S8?-aod1.jpg

Is there a way to change the clock on the lock screen on the S8?-ht.jpg
    12-09-2017 12:11 AM
    Umm... nope.
    You have a notification under the clock. Even with only one clock on the screen, it looks like that with a notification icon under it.

Clear the notification and look at it again. And with only one clock showing.
    12-10-2017 10:57 AM
    You have a notification under the clock. Even with only one clock on the screen, it looks like that with a notification icon under it.

Clear the notification and look at it again. And with only one clock showing.
    You are correct. Unless you're on Oreo Beta, the lock screen clock will revert to ugly default if there is not a pending notification.
    12-10-2017 11:21 AM
    Finally!! Settings> Lock Screen and Security >Click Always on Display(it looks as if there wouldn't be more settings but there is) You can change it to another digital clock, an analog clock, acalander or a small picture. You can change the color of the characters and add a background
    12-10-2017 01:12 PM
    Finally!! Settings> Lock Screen and Security >Click Always on Display(it looks as if there wouldn't be more settings but there is) You can change it to another digital clock, an analog clock, acalander or a small picture. You can change the color of the characters and add a background
    Wow. Does no one actually read through these flippin' threads?

It's been said a bunch of times throughout this thread... we are talking about the Lock Screen clock. Not the Always On Display clock.

Two different things.

The AOD clock setting DOES NOT AFFECT the Lock Screen clock.
    12-11-2017 12:36 AM

It's been said a bunch of times throughout this thread... we are talking about the Lock Screen clock. Not the Always On Display clock.

Two different things.

I guess I am the no one. I actually read this thread. Check my pictures.
    12-11-2017 02:13 AM
    Your lock screen shows regular clocks because you have pending notifications. If you clear the notification, your lock screen reverts to stacked clock. AOD is not affected by this. This is assuming you're not running the Oreo Beta.
    12-11-2017 07:07 AM

Two different things.

It's been like this throughout the entire thread.
    12-11-2017 07:08 AM
    I checked your pictures, and you did not read the thread. As I already responded to your post, clear your notifications and check again, and try with a single clock.
    12-11-2017 08:46 AM
    Notification does not affect the display but removing the Roaming Clock does. Removing the roaming clock would revert the Lock Screen back to the 2 stack display.

Is there a way to change the clock on the lock screen on the S8?-lock-screen3.jpg
    12-11-2017 02:53 PM
    Notification does not affect the display but removing the Roaming Clock does. Removing the roaming clock would revert the Lock Screen back to the 2 stack display.
    Cool.

But now we're stuck with two clocks.

I'm sure that's useful for some people, but...
    12-11-2017 03:04 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock Screen3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	336.7 KB 
ID:	275594
    I understand what you're saying and glad that works for you. Wasn't aware of that scenario.(using both clocks) I just don't want the roaming clock on my lock screen. Glad that isn't needed with the Oreo Beta I'm running, since it has separate settings for AOD clock and lockscreen clock.
    12-11-2017 07:48 PM
    I understand what you're saying and glad that works for you. Wasn't aware of that scenario.(using both clocks) I just don't want the roaming clock on my lock screen. Glad that isn't needed with the Oreo Beta I'm running, since it has separate settings for AOD clock and lockscreen clock.
    I need a dual SIM phone for travel and hence I got this S8+ G955FD. The phone is set up with both Home and Local on the Lock Screen straight from the box. I did changed the AOD to show dual time also.
    I added face recognition and now the lock screen flashes so fast that I have difficulty reading the time.
    In my case, the AOD with two times is probably easier for me to read the dual times.

BTW. I just got this phone and it is on 7.0
    12-11-2017 09:37 PM
    If you want to change the time on the lock screen clock which may be one hour plus or minus what your homescreen clock is please go to settings and check date time and your central time mountain time parameters
    12-13-2017 07:02 PM
    I don't use Always On. I figure it uses more battery. Although it would be nice to use as a clock at night rather than having to hit the home button.
    As for the lock screen... The dang "clock" is so big it covers the cute picture of my grandkitty. 😂 I'd like just the option of where to put the clock in the screen.
    12-15-2017 11:01 PM
    I don't use Always On. I figure it uses more battery. Although it would be nice to use as a clock at night rather than having to hit the home button.
    As for the lock screen... The dang "clock" is so big it covers the cute picture of my grandkitty. 😂 I'd like just the option of where to put the clock in the screen.
    AOD is not always on. There is a setting that turns the display off if you put it in a pocket. Enable this and AOD would dim. In fact, if you place the phone face down, AOD would be off until you pick it back up. The power used by AOD would be minimum. I found the AOD also moves up and down on the screen. Doing so, the AOD would not create a burn-in on the display.
    12-16-2017 09:23 PM
    It baffles me when tech companies do this. There's something customers want changed and nothing gets done.
    I hope there is a legitimate solution soon. I'm having flashbacks to when Goggle removed the sound effect that played before you activated google voice to text.
    Marduk55 likes this.
    01-11-2018 04:28 PM
    So I downloaded a theme. But the clock is misplaced anyone know how to fix this problem? lol
    Attached Thumbnails Is there a way to change the clock on the lock screen on the S8?-screenshot_20180112-153627.jpg  
    01-12-2018 02:41 PM
163 ... 4567