Apple Music not compatible with S8+

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So I see that the apple music app is "not compatible with my device" and i'm sure that with time it will be. That being said has anyone found a workaround to getting it working? I'm not too worried about it since my "main" device is a 7 Plus but it'd be nice to get it working for the times i'm only carrying around the S8.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I see that the apple music app is "not compatible with my device" and i'm sure that with time it will be. That being said has anyone found a workaround to getting it working? I'm not too worried about it since my "main" device is a 7 Plus but it'd be nice to get it working for the times i'm only carrying around the S8.

I didn't have any trouble downloading and signing in.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Even if it isn't yet.. I am sure an update will hit any day now (if not already) to work with it.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I even opened it up and played something to make sure it was working properly. No problems for me. Did you remember to update Play Services and all that stuff before you downloaded it?

I was finally able to download it last night. Pretty weird but it's all good now. Thanks.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Change your display to fhd and install it. If that doesn't work change it to a different display type. You may need to reboot after each change. Had this issue on a few phones with apple music.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Damn tried all 3 says device isn't compatible. And my bank app to pay mobile is incompatible to so now I can't pay with my phone anymore... :(
I had this issue with the Mate 9 and apple music. I kept switching the display around and finally it worked. Took quite a few tries though. Something about the display scaling messes with that app.

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
If it says incompatible in Google play. Clear data in Google play, and also try to logout of Google play and login again.

This kind of error usually happens when Google play didn't recognize your device as s8, or maybe identified your device as something else. Logging out and in usually corrects it.

Alissa Abraham

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Apple Music not compatible with

I'm having this trouble with Samsung Galaxy grand. I've tried uninstalling google plays store updates and then again after reinstalling' tried it on google play's website; I don't see an fed display change option. It just doesn't say anything other than incompatible with the device. Anyone any further ideas?

joeymarie7272

Feb 15, 2018
Visit site
Re: Apple Music not compatible with

I've had no problem with my Apple Music playing on my S8plus. The trick is to stay logged into your account either on your iPhone or on PC. That's the only way to get logged in and stay logged in on your Android. I freaked out at first spending ours trying different syncing apps and almost froze my laptop. Lol. Hope this helps.