Wireless charger question

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am interested in getting one of the wireless chargers for the s8 plus. Is anyone able to tell me the difference between the new wireless charger that costs $90 on the Samsung website compared to the older one that is $60. They are both fast charging apparently. Is the only difference the looks and convertibility of the new one? Or, is the new one better for the s8?
Thank you.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I am interested in getting one of the wireless chargers for the s8 plus. Is anyone able to tell me the difference between the new wireless charger that costs $90 on the Samsung website compared to the older one that is $60. They are both fast charging apparently. Is the only difference the looks and convertibility of the new one? Or, is the new one better for the s8?
Thank you.

Both will work just fine. This year's model is convertible and much bigger. If you want smaller and don't care about convertibility save the money and go for last year's model.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
...or, you can save even more money and get one off of Amazon for around $20. There are a lot of options out there.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Thank you.

Last year's Samsung wireless chargers support fast charge for recent Samsung devices (most 3rd party do not) and are available as a pad or stand. The new one does everything that last years does, plus it folds from a stand to a pad and is a little funkier-looking -- as well as being more expensive. They will function the same.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
There are good deals on Amazon as stated above, just be sure to buy a Samsung product as wireless fast charging is proprietary to Samsung.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
There are good deals on Amazon as stated above, just be sure to buy a Samsung product as wireless fast charging is proprietary to Samsung.

I think you just need to have a charger compatible with Samsung, not Samsung branded.
Samsung uses universal charging technologies in the S8 (Wireless Charging compatible with WPC and PMA) which is compatible with almost all wireless chargers.
For fast charging, you get a fast charge wireless charger and you use the charging block and cable that comes with your phone.
I bought one with my Note7 and used it with my S7E. It worked fine for both.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I never knew how much I miss wireless charging until now.

I've had a LG V20 since turning in my Note 7 and it's such a convenience to simply place the S8+ on my chargers.

I have a few all over in my home

daveolej

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with wireless charging? I have the one posted above. Fast Charge charger that works with the s7e but it keeps pausing every second. It is not charging the S8+. Tried without my case as well, same issue.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
Thank you.

I am using this one. Fast charging works great.

CHOETECH Fast Wireless Charger, Qi Wireless Charging Stand for Galaxy Note 5 / S8/S8 Plus /S7 / S7 Edge / S6 Edge+ and Other Qi-enabled Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010B6PSM...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5771548

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have the Choetech one too, but it won't fast charge in portrait with my iBlaison armor box case on. Haven't tried it with my other case or naked yet. However the Samsung charging stand from last year works just fine. The problem with the Samsung stand from last year is it's too short and the phone feels really unstable on portrait mode.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with wireless charging? I have the one posted above. Fast Charge charger that works with the s7e but it keeps pausing every second. It is not charging the S8+. Tried without my case as well, same issue.

I have that problem with my S7E and its ungodly frustrating. I'm going to be pretty darn pissed if I also have it with my S8+.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
One of my annoyances with the Samsung charger is that the lip at the bottom is really small. I have a Tyle one that is nice and easy to plop the phone onto. I have to be much more precise putting it on the Samsung one.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
One of my annoyances with the Samsung charger is that the lip at the bottom is really small. I have a Tyle one that is nice and easy to plop the phone onto. I have to be much more precise putting it on the Samsung one.
I have the TYTL ones also...... actually a few around the house in different colors of course

This was my initial charge up last night.
9802c2f48be64d3b8b7767e88ac300dc.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey