What keyboard are you using?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been a swiftkey user for years.

After about 2 weeks on Gboard.... I have to say I love the swipe it is very accurate and I get less stupid auto correction (like duck instead of.... well you know). It is even more accurate than SwiftKey. I miss SwiftKey's predictions of Twitter users and emails, plus predictive text in almost every text box that Gboard doesn't always do, for example usernames.

Not sure which I will stick with yet as both have a small compromise when using them.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have been a swiftkey user for years.

After about 2 weeks on Gboard.... I have to say I love the swipe it is very accurate and I get less stupid auto correction (like duck instead of.... well you know). It is even more accurate than SwiftKey. I miss SwiftKey's predictions of Twitter users and emails, plus predictive text in almost every text box that Gboard doesn't always do, for example usernames.

Not sure which I will stick with yet as both have a small compromise when using them.
Exactly the same boat I am in. Used Swiftkey for years and always swore by it.

The lack of prediction in some fields even while doing Google search is just stupid. But I moved to Gboard about a month ago and as you said, swipe is amazing compared to Swiftkey. And also have to agree with less stupid predictions.

Surprisingly, I am sticking with Gboard for now but the lack of predictions in even Google search is driving me nuts.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Exactly the same boat I am in. Used Swiftkey for years and always swore by it.

The lack of prediction in some fields even while doing Google search is just stupid. But I moved to Gboard about a month ago and as you said, swipe is amazing compared to Swiftkey. And also have to agree with less stupid predictions.

Surprisingly, I am sticking with Gboard for now but the lack of predictions in even Google search is driving me nuts.
Luckily there is an easy way to switch....
03c63848441059409b0d7eb1bd1e2871.jpg

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Google is pretty good about improving things and listening to feedback. I'm sure Gboard will get better with time. Swype is almost perfect for me on Gboard.

Either one is way better than stock.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The keyboard is one area that Android lacks in, it's hard to find a good keyboard. The one that I find works the best, not perfect is linked below. It has a feature called sloppy typing and works pretty good. There is a free version to try it out. It also uses gestures. The set up tutor is a pain but good for first time users. You will probably see the skinny narrow keyboard first, but keep going there is a normal keyboard also, which is what I use. You'll be amazed at how good it is for sloppy typing accuracy.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.whirlscape.minuumkeyboard&token=ogvfPEKZ

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

mithrazor

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX