What keyboard are you using?

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use the samsung keyboard for a day but couldn't. Had to switch to gboard. Unfortunately, the samsung messaging app does not support gif entry with gboard. May start using textra again for that.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Everything still looks the same to me.
Hmm, I used the Samsung keyboard for a long time until just recently. Everyone told me the prediction sucked, they were right. After using Gboard and SwiftKey I cannot go back. It is one of the two stock apps I no longer use.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, I used the Samsung keyboard for a long time until just recently. Everyone told me the prediction sucked, they were right. After using Gboard and SwiftKey I cannot go back. It is one of the two stock apps I no longer use.
I heard a lot of good things about Gboard. I might give it a try.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried both the stock keyboard and Gboard -- but settled on the BlackBerry keyboard. It suits me much better.

rjnsmith

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I've used SwiftKey since my first day getting a Samsung when the Galaxy S4 came out. Never went back to any other keyboard. It's amazing.

Byoung23

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Fyi (people probably know) but I've heard a lot of people say (accross a few threads) that I'm like the voice to text with the stock Samsung keyboard, it seems like you couldn't change it before the update that dropped a couple days ago but I just checked and I was able to disable Samsung voice to text and just use Google with the stock Samsung keyboard.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I was using GBoard. I see that the stock Samsung keyboard is improved somewhat over the one on the S7 Edge (e.g., new custom symbols feature). I think I'll try the stock one for a week and see.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I was Swiftkey forever, but for some reason lately it has been less accurate with swiping, and something changed to where using punctuation in sentences is a pain. Tried GBoard based on this thread, and really like it so far.

zyad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I won't have the S8+ until next week but I will be sideloading the BlackBerry keyboard on it. Can't beat flicking the words up from the letters and deleting full words with a back swipe across. Best keyboard in my opinion.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I was using GBoard. I see that the stock Samsung keyboard is improved somewhat over the one on the S7 Edge (e.g., new custom symbols feature). I think I'll try the stock one for a week and see.
I am using the stock right now. I don't know what was improved but I've had less errors so far

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I just tried Gboard briefly. I like some of its features, but is there a way to get it to display symbols on the letter keys (to select by long-pressing)? I prefer not to switch back and forth between the letter layout and the symbol layout.