What keyboard are you using?

Praetorian27

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I loved Swype, but I hate having to change screens to put a number in. Long pressing to get a number was just as big a pain in the butt in my opinion. Absolutely no reason they can't put the numbers along the top like the stock keyboard. I wish Swype would make that change...then I would use it no question.

wpfan2be

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Installed SwiftKey to try it out, went back to the stock Samsung KB and now the layout if different. Before there was a .com dedicated key. Anyone know how to get it back? Also the size of the keyboard and keys is larger than before I installed SwiftKey. Thanks for your help...

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I've always loved SwiftKey but I'm currently annoyed that I have to hit the arrow to hide the keyboard before I get the "back arrow".

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I just tried Gboard briefly. I like some of its features, but is there a way to get it to display symbols on the letter keys (to select by long-pressing)? I prefer not to switch back and forth between the letter layout and the symbol layout.
Yeah; it's in the settings.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Swiftkey is the best keyboard IMO. I've tried many others and the predictions and autocorrtect do not compare to Swiftkey. Just wish it was more customizable

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been going back and forth between Gboard & SwiftKey and have finally decided on SwiftKey as my keyboard of choice.

The one and only thing I do not like about SwiftKey is the Autospace. For my usage I am having to use the backspace quite frequently.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I loved Swype, but I hate having to change screens to put a number in. Long pressing to get a number was just as big a pain in the butt in my opinion. Absolutely no reason they can't put the numbers along the top like the stock keyboard. I wish Swype would make that change...then I would use it no question.

Swift key has an option to add number keys to the top row. It is under the keys option in settings.Screenshot_20170424-101027.jpg

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I used SwiftKey for a long time and always thought it was the best. Then I tried Gboard for a month based on all the good reviews. I thought that it worked well, but just not as good as SwiftKey. I have since gone back to SwiftKey and that is what I'm using on my new S8 +.

zyad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I tired using other keyboards but in the end, still revert to BlackBerry keyboard!
I know what you mean.
Someone call me when another keyboard incorporates flicking words up from the next letter and back swipe to delete entire words...

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I am using the stock right now. I don't know what was improved but I've had less errors so far
Could that be because maybe the keyboard is a little bigger?

I was not being facetious. Do you think you are getting less errors because the keyboard is a little bit bigger and you are not making as many mistakes or does it seem like the correction is working better than it did on the S7?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon