so have you put a screen protector on it yet?

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the iris scanner and it's suggested that you don't use a screen protector because it messes with the Infrared. I'm not gonna use one because my case comes up too high on the sides.

The one I purchased (LUVVITT TEMPERED GLASS) has a cutout along most of the top bezel area. The phone speaker, front camera, and iris scanner are all uncovered.

I will probably buy a Zagg Glass when they come out, but the Luvvitt was available, and I'm just too hard on phone screens not to have one. The case and screen protector went on before I even powered it up.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Always put one on my phones. Bought the spigen neo flex but have not put it on yet. This is the first phone I am leasing and with Sprints galaxy forever program I will be upgrade to the next galaxy every year. So I'm thinking of just going without some I always used tempered glass and I will be giving the phone back in 12 months anyway.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
How much do they charge for the Zagg in those mall kiosks? And do they have it for the S8+ yet?
I haven't gone as of yet.

I'll go sometime this weekend or next since they probably do not have it yet ? I had gone less than a week after the S6 Edge, Note 7 and V20 releases and they never had the protectors that soon.

They'd usually charge me about $25 and that's with them applying it.

GoldlexusAN

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The one I purchased (LUVVITT TEMPERED GLASS) has a cutout along most of the top bezel area. The phone speaker, front camera, and iris scanner are all uncovered.

I will probably buy a Zagg Glass when they come out, but the Luvvitt was available, and I'm just too hard on phone screens not to have one. The case and screen protector went on before I even powered it up.

I got a Zagg glass screen protector that is case friendly at Tmobile. So far I am NOT loving it. It works great with my Spigen Hybrid case but the touch sensitivity sucks along the edges and the nearly impossible to pull down the notification bar. I'm going to give it a few days to see if it settles and for me to get use to it. If it still annoys the crap out of me I'm taking it back.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I just put a Zagg tempered glass protector on my S+ today. It is very touch sensitive and it is case friendly with my Samsung S-View flip cover. This is the first time I have ever used a protector, by the way.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I got a Zagg glass screen protector that is case friendly at Tmobile. So far I am NOT loving it. It works great with my Spigen Hybrid case but the touch sensitivity sucks along the edges and the nearly impossible to pull down the notification bar. I'm going to give it a few days to see if it settles and for me to get use to it. If it still annoys the crap out of me I'm taking it back.

I read your post after I posted mine. I think your protector was incorrectly installed. I have absolutely no problem with touch sensitivity anywhere on the screen. I had a guy at Best Buy do the installation for me. He told me not to put it in the case for an hour to make sure it stayed in place. And, as I said, mine is working perfectly.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I have the same one on and have not had any issues with it. Maybe it's the particular screen protector.

anon(632186)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've got the zagg glass and am surprisingly pleased. No sensitivity issues yet and no rainbow effect. So far so good. Case friendly and easy install as well.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had nothing with glass screen protectors and curved glass!!! Tried them all!!!

I have since went back to films as they stick and feel way better on curved glass.

I'll watch the thread and hopefully there will be a good glass that everyone is happy with.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I applied the Spigen NeoFlex last night as a temporary holdover until I can get one from Bodyguardz however, I am not entirely sure what to do. I also have the Spigen Tough Armor case and from what I can tell, the edge of the NeoFlex and the edge of the case is really close so if there was any protector that was a little bigger than the NeoFlex, then the case would make it lift.

The NeoFlex is ok, but I prefer something harder - like PET plastic. Bodyguardz made those for the S7e, and the one they have for the S8+, I am not sure it is made of PET plastic. If not, then I might hold off. PET plastic is as close as you can get to glass without it being glass but it sticks to the screen at all points, not just some points like the glass ones. The NeoFlex is soft and with fingers it is okay - but when I put one of these on my Note7 last year, I had to rip it off because the self-healing properties didn't really self heal 100% when using a stylus.

Not to talk about cases - but for anyone buying a Spigen Tough Armor - if you had bought these before for the S7e, you will notice that the one for the S8+ has edges that are higher then previously - meaning that it comes up on the edge more than before. As a result, if the protector isn't case friendly, you're going to have problems - and I think you might have problems with some that are classified as case friendly as well. It is literally a perfect fit with the NeoFlex. I am interested in hearing if people are having problems with screen protectors and the Tough Armor, or if it's just in my imagination.