I thought I'd try using the Samsung Messages app for a while. I usually use Textra when I use Android. I noticed when I send a text I get a spinning icon to the left of the messages that spins for 30 seconds up to a little over a minute (so far). Maybe Textra took that long to send messages as well, but didn't show it. I'm used to iMessage where my texts are sent instantly unless it's a MMS.

My question is do any of you guys have similar delays when using the Messages app? Or maybe it's just me.
    04-20-2017 10:01 AM
    I had a little bit of a delay. The thing with imessage is most of the time it's sent via Apple servers to other Apple users. You could use another private service like FB messenger, What'sApp etc. Good luck getting everyone over to those though.
    04-20-2017 10:15 AM
    I'm still debating on whether I should use the stock message app or something else.
    04-20-2017 10:16 AM
    I had this happened before while using both Samsung and Google's messages app. I always thought it was just the network. I would force close it, reopen it and it would either show sent or not sent. It hasn't happen yet on the S8 but I just had it for one day so who knows.
    04-20-2017 10:30 AM
    I had a little bit of a delay. The thing with imessage is most of the time it's sent via Apple servers to other Apple users. You could use another private service like FB messenger, What'sApp etc. Good luck getting everyone over to those though.
    I REALLY wish Apple would make iMessage cross platform. I like it so much. And you're right, there's no way for me to get my iOS using friends (which is basically all) over to another messaging platform. iMessage is just too easy. One of the things that keeps me going back to iOS is that everybody I know uses iOS. We send lots of pics and vids through iMessage and they come through crystal clear. Pics aren't all that bad, but videos are unwatchable sent between platforms.

FWIW Textra is a good SMS app other than the video problem. It's really customizable, and easy to use. Plus you can back up your settings to transfer between phones if you have the pro version.
    04-20-2017 10:37 AM
    I had this happened before while using both Samsung and Google's messages app. I always thought it was just the network. I would force close it, reopen it and it would either show sent or not sent. It hasn't happen yet on the S8 but I just had it for one day so who knows.
    I could just close the app and it sends in the background. Just bugs me a little that it's not instantaneous like I'm used to.
    04-20-2017 10:39 AM
    I could just close the app and it sends in the background. Just bugs me a little that it's not instantaneous like I'm used to.
    Well take that with a grain of salt though. Apple is notorious about how their products make customers "feel.

An example is when an app is loading a splash screen comes up and maybe an intro or something. This was a result of Jobs getting annoyed when something was loading and it looked like it was stalled because there wasn't an indication it was doing something.

For all we know it looks like it was sent but might take the same amount if time. Who knows.

It's the little things though.
    04-20-2017 09:54 PM
    I see the spinning more when I'm in a weak signal area. Otherwise, it's just a few seconds. Wifi doesn't make it go any quicker. It seems that it's directly related to the signal strength.
    04-20-2017 10:43 PM
    Yeah I haven't gotten this. Mine send pretty quick. Must be a connection issue. But I've already went back to textra as the stock app doesn't allow me to put in gifs from the Google keyboard and I believe they still open links in their little browser built into their messaging app instead my default browser which is Chrome.
    04-20-2017 11:33 PM
    It seems to be worse when I'm on Wifi. I noticed when I'm on LTE it's pretty instant. Not a huge deal. I'd just never seen it on iOS or Textra.
    04-21-2017 07:39 AM