05-14-2017 03:26 PM
61 123
tools
    I just got off a live chat with Samsung support who said to me that TMobile has disabled the fast wireless charging option. I hope to hell they are wrong (as they often are), so can anyone on Tmobile WITH the fast wireless charging option please chime in and confirm?
    Mine works fine with the older Samsung fast wireless charger. I use one at home and one at work.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    04-25-2017 11:53 PM
    Mine works fine with the older Samsung fast wireless charger. I use one at home and one at work.
    I knew Samsung was talking out their butt and i'm glad to get it confirmed. Thank you.

Now I just need to drill down to see if the wireless fast charging option appears if I place it on an official Samsung Fast Wireless charging pad.

I think my third-party charging pad, bought before the S8 was available, may be the issue and I hear that newer ones have rectified this but it's hellishly difficult finding out which ones on Amazon or elsewhere have been updated to fix this issue. Especially since the one I bought still says it is compatible with the S8, like it did before the phone was available. SMH
    04-26-2017 01:45 AM
    I have a pleson fast charge that I just bought off of Amazon and its been working perfectly the last day and a half.

On T-Mobile as well using an S8+
    04-26-2017 04:04 AM
    my S8+ definitely gets Fast Wireless charging using the Samsung chargers from last year.
    @Highrisedrifter

my Best Buy has working Samsung wireless chargers in their Samsung display. they have the new foldable one and the one from last year, you could put your phone on one of those

Also - the Samsung chargers from last year are like $41, and Best Buy will match the price:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    04-26-2017 08:21 AM
    My Mercedes has a built in wireless charging pad. The S8+ is a hair too long to fit so it actually sits tilting with the top of the phone touching the pad but the back is lifted up in the air about 1/4" at the rear. Even not completely touching the pad the phone was being charged. This charging pad was always slow, so not sure if it would charge faster if I had the S8 and it was fully touching, but it works. I keep a USB C cord in the car to charge it faster if needed.
    04-26-2017 11:07 AM
    I have a pleson fast charge that I just bought off of Amazon and its been working perfectly the last day and a half. S8+
    Are you using the charger that came with the S8? Amazon notes this pad need a charger for fast.
    04-26-2017 11:19 AM
    Are you using the charger that came with the S8? Amazon notes this pad need a charger for fast.
    I'm actually using the One that came with my LGV20 .
    04-26-2017 02:43 PM
    I went to Best Buy today and hooked up one of their new leather-faced Samsung fast wireless chargers and the option for fast wireless charging appeared on my phone! Once toggled on, the phone started fast charging wirelessly like a charm, so the issue was either my charger (Elephas third party POS), the lead (third party micro USB from an indeterminate company) or the Galaxy S8 fast charging block (unlikely).

I'm a happy boy now though.

I also got to look at the Gear S3 smartwatches and would've bought the Classic there any then if I didn't have $200 of Amazon vouchers sitting in my account.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    04-27-2017 07:38 PM
    I have last years samsung fast charger where the phone stands up. I put the phone on the charger with like 11% for its first ever charge since getting the phone and it said from 11% it was going to take 2 and a half hours for a full charge. Does this sound like my charger is working right? I mean i know it won't take 15 minutes but 2 and a half hours to charge full from 11% does not sound right.
    Both of my chargers take 2.5 hours to charge from 10-20% to full. Ones the same as you and the other is a Choetech charging stand. The funny thing is when my Choetech doesn't activate fast charging on my phone it takes the same amount of time as when it does and when I use my Samsung charging stand.

So I'm guessing it's something to do with the software on the phone.
    04-27-2017 08:23 PM
    I just got off a live chat with Samsung support who said to me that TMobile has disabled the fast wireless charging option. I hope to hell they are wrong (as they often are), so can anyone on Tmobile WITH the fast wireless charging option please chime in and confirm?
    I have a T-mobile S8+. Both my fast charging Samsung pad and stand allow me to FAST charge wirelessly.

Hope that helps!
    05-03-2017 10:31 PM
    I went to Best Buy today and hooked up one of their new leather-faced Samsung fast wireless chargers and the option for fast wireless charging appeared on my phone! Once toggled on, the phone started fast charging wirelessly like a charm, so the issue was either my charger (Elephas third party POS), the lead (third party micro USB from an indeterminate company) or the Galaxy S8 fast charging block (unlikely).

I'm a happy boy now though.

I also got to look at the Gear S3 smartwatches and would've bought the Classic there any then if I didn't have $200 of Amazon vouchers sitting in my account.
    Interestingly, I factory reset my phone and re-set it up and now the fast wireless charting option has disappeared again.

At least I know how to enable it, should I actually find a decent but less-expensive (oxymoron?) fast wireless charger.

I did however get the Gear S3 Classic and boy is it a nice watch!
    05-14-2017 03:26 PM
61 123