Galaxy S8 full screen issue

A

AC Question

Hello, I hope that I am asking this in the right spot. I got my gfalaxy s8 in the mail today and love it so far. I am having an issue though. Android optimized apps like chrome, Facebook, etc are supposed to put those apps into full screen mode automatically... but mine is not. I checked the settings and it says they are supposed to but I am still getting a black bar at the bottom.

Any thoughts?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Settings.
Display.
Full screen apps.

Go in there and check the ones you want to be full screen.
It does say that it may not be optimized for it or may not work, but check it anyway and see how it does.

Mav. :cool:

Wumchumba1

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue, apps like Snapchat and Facebook that are automatically set to be full screen still have the solid navigation bar and are not working in full screen. This has only become a problem very recently and was working for the last week or so until I woke up this morning and noticed it was no longer working. I have managed to fix this issue with snapchat by uninstalling and reinstalling but cannot use the same fix for Facebook and other Samsung apps as you cannot uninstall. I have no idea what caused this problem but a fix would be greatly appreciated.

alexcapone

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Separate but related question. Is there any way to default newly downloaded apps to full screen mode? Seems like they have to manually be set to full screen after being installed.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have to assume quite a few apps are not set to use the aspect ratio of the S8 and will need to catch up by upgrade. May make a difference in how a particular app addresses video as to whether it can do the full screen unaided.

Wumchumba1

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Have to assume quite a few apps are not set to use the aspect ratio of the S8 and will need to catch up by upgrade. May make a difference in how a particular app addresses video as to whether it can do the full screen unaided.
The issue isn't that new apps are set up to use the aspect ratio it's that the default apps like the settings and the gallery are not set up to use it properly. They were when I first got the phone but since then have changed and no longer work.

Ras2md

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
I on the other hate this. I never want to go full screen. I rather have my back button always display. I use it a lot and my s8+ screen is xtra long in length. My issue is i can't permanently set all apps to off and the "tap here to fill entire screen" button is too easily hit. Not a good implementation if you ask me.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood