04-27-2017 10:22 PM
44 12
tools
    I have trusted devices and location working. My issue earlier was that I was waking my phone up my pressing the power button. This hard locks the phone, disallowing Smart Lock to work. Also, you can't lock your phone with the power button, it needs to lock by timeout in order for Smart Lock to work.
    Tested this all possible ways and doesn't work. No matter how I let the screen turn off (power button, timeout, etc.) combined with all ways to turn it back on (power, home button, etc), the smart lock does not work for location for me. Works for bluetooth however.
    04-25-2017 09:32 PM
    Yes you can add your home WiFi to trusted places. Go to smart lock and you should see trusted places option there.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5af0d29a2a.jpg
    That's by location, not wifi. There are 3rd party apps which will allow you to set wifi as trusted for smart lock, but I don't use them. I'd rather the location just get fixed.
    04-25-2017 09:34 PM
    How have you set your home WiFi as a trusted location. I only have the option of a Bluetooth device or NFC tag. Would love to set WiFi if there's a way.
    Same here. No WiFi option.
    04-25-2017 09:34 PM
    That's by location, not wifi. There are 3rd party apps which will allow you to set wifi as trusted for smart lock, but I don't use them. I'd rather the location just get fixed.
    Oh sorry.. yeah there is no WiFi option built into smart Lock as you said got to do with third party apps. I used Tasker long time back but trusted location and devices combo works well for me.
    04-25-2017 10:19 PM
    Yes you can add your home WiFi to trusted places. Go to smart lock and you should see trusted places option there.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5af0d29a2a.jpg
    Doesn't really explain how to add WiFi as a trusted place. The options are Bluetooth device or NFC tag. Please explain how to add WiFi, it certainly isn't under "Trusted Places".
    04-26-2017 12:50 AM
    Doesn't really explain how to add WiFi as a trusted place. The options are Bluetooth device or NFC tag. Please explain how to add WiFi, it certainly isn't under "Trusted Places".
    You cannot use WiFi as a trusted place. I think the confusion is when you are using Trusted Places and you have your location settings to high accuracy it uses GPS, WiFi and mobile networks to estimate your location.
    bhatech likes this.
    04-26-2017 01:21 AM
    Working fine for me. Its variable by up to 80 meters btw.
    My issues have returned but now it's the opposite. My phone is insisting it stay unlocked. I'm 70 miles away from home and it's still not locking. Smart lock features clearly are broken. We got 2 or more threads going with this topic. Perhaps the mods can merge them?
    04-26-2017 09:53 AM
    My issues have returned but now it's the opposite. My phone is insisting it stay unlocked. I'm 70 miles away from home and it's still not locking. Smart lock features clearly are broken. We got 2 or more threads going with this topic. Perhaps the mods can merge them?
    I didn't see this thread when I started my own, but I'm having the same issues.
    04-26-2017 11:35 AM
    Works fine with my Bluetooth headset and Gear S3. Haven't tried Trusted Places yet because it doesn't seem like a good idea lol.
    04-26-2017 11:48 AM
    I experienced the same last night. Thought I was going bonkers. Handed my phone to my wife and she was able to "unlock" it, so the phone was really not locked.

I ended up removing all locations to finally get my phone to lock. Then I re-added my home to Smart Lock. It is now working again and my phone is locking away from home. There is definitely a bug here somewhere.
    04-26-2017 11:50 AM
    I've decided to disable smart unlock except for Bluetooth with my car. That seems to be working reliably. Location awareness not so much.
    04-26-2017 11:58 AM
    04-26-2017 12:27 PM
    My location doesn't seem to work either, even after reapplying my current location numerous times. It did work initially, but for some reason now the phone always requires an iris scan instead, which doesn't work well in low light and then I have to enter a PIN. When I'm at home I want it to be unlocked ALL the time.
    04-27-2017 05:55 PM
    I have found Trusted Places to be a bit inconsistent. I have found that dropping a few extra pins around your location increases the consistency.
    04-27-2017 06:01 PM
    Google acknowledge the issue today, they mentioned that are currently investigating the possible cause of the huge amount of people with the same issue.

At least we know that is nothing with the phone and that at least they are supposed to be working on the solution.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/04...laces-feature/
    jackash0912 likes this.
    04-27-2017 06:17 PM
    Google acknowledge the issue today, they mentioned that are currently investigating the possible cause of the huge amount of people with the same issue.

At least we know that is nothing with the phone and that at least they are supposed to be working on the solution.

Google is looking into longstanding issues with Smart Lock's Trusted Places feature. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwlvr6zjk
    It's about time, looonnnggg overdue!

There is something wrong with your link erasatツ
    04-27-2017 06:57 PM
    It's about time, looonnnggg overdue!

There is something wrong with your link erasatツ
    It's fixed now, thanks for the heads up.
    LineKill likes this.
    04-27-2017 07:06 PM
    Awesome. So I wasn't going crazy. Lol. I love the idea of smartlock. But I just set my phone to lock always as it was so inconsistent it was a security issue
    04-27-2017 07:42 PM
    Love the fingerprint scanner. Perfectly placed. I also use smart lock, wish it had wifi unlock.
    04-27-2017 10:22 PM
44 12