Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
If it's true Samsung allowed folks to purchase up to Ten $99 Immersive Bundles for every phone and because they had that $99 bundle up to purchase before most folks even got their phones, perhaps they deliberately made it so that you had to have your phone in order to fulfill registration, then it almost seems as though they created a false "Rush" to order while the Gear VR was still in stock! This would explain how 50,000 $99 Immersive orders be sold, but people still getting their Gear VR days after the 50,000 supplies of $99 Headphones / SD Cards sold out. It means perhaps only 10,000 Gear VR's were shipped out out of that 50,000, due to folks buying multiple $99 bundles for their phone! I found out that they made the Phone Pre-Order for Oculus cuttoff time extended to the 27th, just a few days ago! Just seems a little fishy to me, like they purposefully made it this in order to get people on the fense about upgrading their phones another reason to hurry up and purchase before the Free Gear VR's were gone! It's also because that bundle sold out that a "Surge" of folks shortly after submitted their registration and thus perhaps 100,000 of the 350,000 gear VR's were registered within the next couple days after the $99 bundle sold out, flooding the system of orders and me being the guy who now has to wait until all of those 100,000 gear vr's are shipped out before I get mine!!

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
I just can't see any other reason why they wouldn't have the same amount of $99 Bundles as the 350,000 supplies of Gear VR's! Also would explain why they just didn't have the option to pick up your gear VR in stores where the phones were sold. My Verizon store had Gear VR's in stock when I had them activate my phone! Samsung wanted to "Funnel" people into their "Shop Samsung" app, in order to get as much $$ Revenue back for the money they loss on doing this promotion through alerting folks about products they have for sale in that app! Why else was registration for the Free gear VR so much easier using the App and purposefully more difficult without it?! Back sometime November 2015 going into 2016, they had sold out of Gear VR's for their preorder of Galaxy S6! (and Gear VR's in general directly purchased without the phone!) Knowing the demand for Gear VR was this high, they're probably dangling it out like a carrot on a stick, trying to create that sort of demand for it like before, despite the hype for it having died down since back then!

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Mine just says that it's under review. It's been that way since I pre-ordered the phone. The primary reason I pre-ordered the phone without checking it out in a store first was because of the free VR stuff.

They had better not screw me over here. I'll do everything in my power to return the phone for a refund.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine just says that it's under review. It's been that way since I pre-ordered the phone. The primary reason I pre-ordered the phone without checking it out in a store first was because of the free VR stuff.

They had better not screw me over here. I'll do everything in my power to return the phone for a refund.

I just have a page that says "insert graphic here" under the status when I checked. 😂

vecharo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just have a page that says "insert graphic here" under the status when I checked. 😂
I do too. If you look at the status from a desktop it gives you more info. Not much but it doesn't say insert graphic. Lol
07f95965cb3b6990fd6a940bb711fe13.jpg

Lawrence C1

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Can someone tell me which prompts to pick for ecommerce? I have the number

Just pick the order number and rant on whoever answers the phone. Tell them you have been routed around for 2 hours and need to get things straightened out without another tranfer
Worked for me and I got my bundle today. Loving it. Pre -order 30. Received 19th approved and purchased bundle 21st. Called to rant 29th. Tracking number evening 29th. Bundle in hand! Hope this helps

Pharmdogg02

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with their Promo Code for the $99 bundle being "invalid" I got the approval email to order the $99 Immersive VR bundle and when I use the app or website by clicking on the link inside the email, I keep getting the error and it shows the $579 price in the shopping cart. Numerous attempts to get this corrected after being on hold 3+ hrs 2x has resulted in the same, "we'll send you a new email with a new link/promo code" yet nothing after almost 2 weeks now. Anyone else have this issue?

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Did you ever get the email for tracking and "gift Sent" status update? Some have claimed their package arrived and it never going past "Prosessing-Gift?" and no email with tracking either! I'm sure hoping that perhaps mine has been shipped already and might come today even! Please any info you've got is much appreciated! I CAN'T BEAR to remain trapped in this "non-Virtual" reality a day longer!! I need to get jacked in the "Real-World!"

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
My son's VR is due to be delivered 5/4/2017, his approval date was 4/22. Mine is still pending, my approval was on 4/24 and is still waiting on shipping.

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Received FedEx notification of shipment from Brightpoint a few minutes ago. Based on the weight (5lbs) and size of the package (19x5x10) I'm guessing this is it.

Still nothing from Samsung and my credit card hasn't been charged yet. Maybe the fulfillment warehouse has been swamped with phone and accessory orders since the S8 release.

For those who received their order confirmation on 4/22 for the $99 bundle like me, hang in there.