Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

QSZ06

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Just after 24 hours of registering, I got my Gear VR confirmation e-mail.
Hope it really won't take 6-8 weeks but free is free.

Post up when you get your confirmation.

Mav.

P.S. I registered through the app, not online.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170421/56dbbd87139285cc851575cb77e57062.jpg

P.P.S. - Note your shipping confirmation info also. Samsung seems to be getting them out pretty quick.

I registered on 4/20 or 21st, got the "approval" email on 4/24, haven't heard or received anything since.....

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Make sure to check your status on a desktop or laptop.
The app is not user friendly in this regard.

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Mav.
I have this on my Samsung app, online it just says I'm approved. So you saying I shouldn't be going by the app and don't pay for it, wait for the pay email

6c0fd77081fc5e2462455de73bcfed74.jpg

Edgar5

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
So I've been on hiatus because I was so annoyed with the whole Samsung promotion deal. I just ignored it. And out of no where today I got the email to purchase the bundle! So stoked! There is hope.

vecharo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just saw the offer in Samsung shop too! No hesitation here. #paid
I don't have an email and didn't want to wait given they announced shortages. Looks like they are doing the right thing though and if you put in for the gear they processed it as such. If you have the offer showing in the app I say order it while "the gettings good"

vecharo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I spoke to soon. So I placed the order because i received the offer for the headphones and sd card in the app. Once placed, the email confirmation says I responded to a Samsung friends and family order and it's pending. Hmmmm, my credit card ain't pending. Lol
It says it will be shipped in 2 days so I won't have long to wait I guess.
I just saw the offer in Samsung shop too! No hesitation here. #paid
I don't have an email and didn't want to wait given they announced shortages. Looks like they are doing the right thing though and if you put in for the gear they processed it as such. If you have the offer showing in the app I say order it while "the gettings good"
72388c4474ffdab78941b4050a18123e.jpg

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
So I've been on hiatus because I was so annoyed with the whole Samsung promotion deal. I just ignored it. And out of no where today I got the email to purchase the bundle! So stoked! There is hope.

And thing balenciaga to be. Supposed to be here in 2 business days.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I had given up all hope as I did the Bundle on 4/21 with a File not readable and finally approved on 4/24 . It was approved and I thought it would just kick to the free one . I got an email tonight telling me to Pay ( I never received that step like others as I did PC not App) so I did and now waiting for the shipment info. I'm still on Processing Gift but that is Ok as long as I get the bundle lol.

Pamela Curry

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

Received my Infinitely Immersive package today. First thing turn phone off, install 256GB card and begin moving photos, videos, documents and downloaded content to the SD card. Then check out the AKG Headphones, sweet! Then begin unboxing the Gear VR.

Love it, well worth the $99 + tax.... Heck the memory card alone was worth it. It would be extra sweet if they had an adapter to plug the phone in that was case friendly. Had to remove the case before using with my Gear VR (Spigen Ultra Hybrid S Galaxy S8 Plus Case with Air Cushion Technology and Magnetic Metal Kickstand for Galaxy S8 Plus (2017) - Crystal Clear)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I spoke to soon. So I placed the order because i received the offer for the headphones and sd card in the app. Once placed, the email confirmation says I responded to a Samsung friends and family order and it's pending. Hmmmm, my credit card ain't pending. Lol
It says it will be shipped in 2 days so I won't have long to wait I guess.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170510/72388c4474ffdab78941b4050a18123e.jpg
Keep us posted. That's why I haven't ordered thru the app yet, afraid they will grab the money right away and then it's a Samsung nightmare getting the product or refund.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
For the folks in the last few days being offered the $99 package, did you all apply for the $99 pack initially and get denied, or had you just signed up for the free VR only and then get offered the $99 pack out of the blue?

For me, the $99 pack was long gone before I got my S8 several days late after launch, so all I could sign up for was the Free VR. Seeing all these posts of folks getting offered the $99 package again, I checked my Shop Samsung app this morning, but all I see under My Promotions is the Free VR promo "has been claimed" and still showing the original note about the $99 pack being sold out.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes to your first paragraph. I bought it May 1 and received yesterday long after I was told it was sold out. Still waiting to see if the free one that said "gift sent" before I ever ordered the paid one shows up. The paid deal is great. Very nice headphones and all that storage for $99. Much improved over the S7 version

For the folks in the last few days being offered the $99 package, did you all apply for the $99 pack initially and get denied, or had you just signed up for the free VR only and then get offered the $99 pack out of the blue?

For me, the $99 pack was long gone before I got my S8 several days late after launch, so all I could sign up for was the Free VR. Seeing all these posts of folks getting offered the $99 package again, I checked my Shop Samsung app this morning, but all I see under My Promotions is the Free VR promo "has been claimed" and still showing the original note about the $99 pack being sold out.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
This isn't Samsung.. they out sourced this process..and they suck.

It isn't shipping yet.

I called yesterday and the person I spoke to clearly had no clue as to what the hold up was. She verified everything was in order for my Gear VR and that I should be receiving a shipping notification soon but I'm not holding my breath. As of this morning, it's still only shows "Processing Gift"... WTH???

J

vecharo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

April 20 - received phone
April 21-I completed the registration where it have the option to get the $99 package (heck yeah!!!)....not realizing ...In error i uploaded the invoice that came with the phone versus the sale receipt.
April 22 - I received an email saying"you got one mo' chance to get this right girlie!". Lol. I carefully (carefully!) uploaded the right document
April 22- got an email saying my registration was received.
If you look in the first pic below you'll see that the registration was still effective on Apr 21 even though the correct info wasn't uploaded until the 22nd.
April 25 - I saw my status changed to registration approved.
May 8- after checking in these forums I saw that someone had the notification to buy. I checked and saw the notification in the app that gave the option to buy the $99 package .

The screenshot from yesterday shows that the order was placed and can be tracked. When I first saw the page instead "track order" it said either buy or purchase.

I'll post when I receive the stuff since it says it wil be sent via 2 day shipping. I see that the order date is may 10 vs when I actually hit "gimmie!! "
fc44a90459f26d6cc24b24aacd5f1066.jpg
c650dad9afd6d2dbd59a4fcd46896480.jpg

Keith929

May 10, 2017
Visit site
Anybody still in the "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved." Phase? Processing gift shows clock

Registration accepted 4-26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674