Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Just after 24 hours of registering, I got my Gear VR confirmation e-mail.
Hope it really won't take 6-8 weeks but free is free.

Post up when you get your confirmation.

Mav.

P.S. I registered through the app, not online.
56dbbd87139285cc851575cb77e57062.jpg

P.P.S. - Note your shipping confirmation info also. Samsung seems to be getting them out pretty quick.

Last edited:

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note your approved Gear VR registration.

How do you register for it? My phone registered with Samsung automatically when I logged in. I thought the free VR was coming from Verizon though?

Ripken Streudel

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

Can you let me know how you got your registration complete? I bought mine yesterday and it is arriving tomorrow. The Verizon rep sent me a link on my current phone and I went to register but I could not get anywhere with it. I called them back a while ago and they said the info for the free Gear VR would be included in the box and when I get the box tomorrow I should go to samsung.com/us/promotions and register it them.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

Hope to get my confirmation sometime soon been over 24 hours now in reviewing status through the shop Samsung app.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

How do you register for it? My phone registered with Samsung automatically when I logged in. I thought the free VR was coming from Verizon though?
The "Shop Samsung" app is where to go.
It is coming from Samsung themselves.

Mav.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Mine is still stuck in "Review in Progress" since yesterday. Did mine on the app as well.

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

I registered through the Samsung Pay app and it says review will take approximately two weeks!!??

It only asked for a copy of the receipt and not the IMEI or MAC address. It asked where I purchased the phone so I'm assuming this method isn't only for people who purchased through Samsung.

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I registered through the Samsung Pay app and it says review will take approximately two weeks!!??

It only asked for a copy of the receipt and not the IMEI or MAC address. It asked where I purchased the phone so I'm assuming this method isn't only for people who purchased through Samsung.

The app gets those numbers automatically.

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Just after 24 hours of registering, I got my Gear VR confirmation e-mail.
Hope it really won't take 6-8 weeks but free is free.

Post up when you get your confirmation.

Mav.

P.S. I registered through the app, not online.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170421/56dbbd87139285cc851575cb77e57062.jpg

It said 24 hours for me too... but it was approved in two hours and I already paid the $99 plus tax for the immersion bundle.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

It said 24 hours for me too... but it was approved in two hours and I already paid the $99 plus tax for the immersion bundle.
They must have had you at the top of their list since they already got your $99 bucks.

Mav.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

They must have had you at the top of their list since they already got your $99 bucks.

Mav.
That's my theory too. If you pay for The extras you her approved faster. I got the $99 bundle and got approved in seconds. My status says its on the way, but no shipping email yet.

lordstimpy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I used the site and was approved. I thought I clicked the $99 bonus thing but I now have an email saying they sent it.

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site

Registered through the website yesterday morning and finally got the magic email last night after 10 pm.

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

The email approval may be one thing, but have you checked your Gift Status on their website?
View attachment 257541
Boom! Here's hoping it will come a lot sooner than the email's projection of 6-8 weeks.

I have the same screen as yours, but i didnt get a follow up email with tracking number and they haven't charged me yet (yes it was 99 bundle - 2x in fact since I got 2 phones).

Something interesting is the check mark says "Sent", but the wording says "processed" and not shipped.

Idk...

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

Anyone else getting the free package that has a status of still in review?
Submitted mine through the shop samsung app on the 19th at 350p and jist got an email last night saying they received it and now reviewing

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site

Had to resubmit for my VR due to the purchase date not being there like I thought. Hopefully it still goes through.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

i wear glasses.

may i ask if the GearVR can accommodate folks who wear glasses, or, do we have to take our glasses off first before putting on the GearVR?

thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084