Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I got my tracking info 2 days ago and it's supposed to be delivered today, but the tracking info still only says the label was created. There's no movement shown at all.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I got my tracking info 2 days ago and it's supposed to be delivered today, but the tracking info still only says the label was created. There's no movement shown at all.

That stinks my is moving left Indy 12:30am got mine yesterday and suppose to be here in B-more tomorrow.

There just seems to be no rhyme or reason in the entire thing, some got the buy right away Mine was delayed until this week, Some shipped right away others seem to be hung up.
UPS held my Phone right down the street from me for an entire day and wouldn't pull it for me to even pick up . That delay I thought made me miss out on the Bundle and really was just expecting the Free VR until the Buy popped up out of nowhere this week.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
We had that happen with note 7 promo also, and then it just popped up and was here. It will come, Samsung needs to find a different company to handle the promotions.

I just got the email to pay last night, paid this morning. I registered the morning of the 21st.

I have 30 days to return the s8 plus, I'm thinking about doing just that and then get a new one and do the current promo. Decisions have to be made, lol.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
We had that happen with note 7 promo also, and then it just popped up and was here. It will come, Samsung needs to find a different company to handle the promotions.

I just got the email to pay last night, paid this morning. I registered the morning of the 21st.

I have 30 days to return the s8 plus, I'm thinking about doing just that and then get a new one and do the current promo. Decisions have to be made, lol.

Where did you buy from that you have 30 days to return? I got mine from best buy, I wonder if I can do this too. I'm past the normal 14 day return policy, but if it's 30 for this phone (I'm assuming because of the Note 7 fiasco) then I might do the same because the company Samsung contracts for these promotions is beyond terrible, and best buy is doing an instant $150 deal that I can just use for the headset that they currently have in stock at the store. I guess the only thing I would be missing out on is not paying tax on the headset and the $50 Oculus credit, which would be nice to have. IDK, this might be the last time I let a promo deal coax me into getting a new phone, because all it has done thus far is pi$$ me off.

jrcdpm

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't think you can pay any attention to the notifications. Mine originally said ship between 5/29 and 6/5 then changed to 4/21 and 4/28 (obviously already past) and now I have a ship notification indicating from FedEx should be delivered this Saturday (5/13). What a messed up system.

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't think you can pay any attention to the notifications. Mine originally said ship between 5/29 and 6/5 then changed to 4/21 and 4/28 (obviously already past) and now I have a ship notification indicating from FedEx should be delivered this Saturday (5/13). What a messed up system.

Same here, but it's free so no complaints here.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Just got tracking number late last night and fed ex says to be delivered today by end of day... But tracking details have no movement notifications / update so not getting my hopes up on that

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Lol same here. Since last post a couple of hours ago

"Congratulations! Your submission has been approved.
We expect your gift to ship between 5/11/2017 and 5/18/2017. Please check back often as shipping dates may change"

I finally received an estimated shipping date range as well.

J

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm never doing this sorta Phone Promotion agains! (well I mean it was worth it for the Full Bundle but just for the headset, definitely not!) This is what I get for being $$ Cheap. It's good to save money when you can, but saving time is just as vital. With the fast moving pace of phones these days, getting a phone right at launch and having it all set up nicely is part of the experience! The first two weeks of any "Cutting-Edge" upgrade ought be treated as such. It was very hard for me to fully enjoy my new Phone with all this promotional nonsense!! Making just $10 / hr one could purchase a gear VR in just 13 hrs of work! This is teaching me to save $$ more in order to have more $$ to spend getting things on a more timely fashion. I think of it as a "Convince" tax. It's really not that bad to just get it outside promotions. Free always comes with a "Hidden-Cost" your time and that's precious!

Keith929

May 10, 2017
Visit site
Where did you buy from that you have 30 days to return? I got mine from best buy, I wonder if I can do this too. I'm past the normal 14 day return policy, but if it's 30 for this phone (I'm assuming because of the Note 7 fiasco) then I might do the same because the company Samsung contracts for these promotions is beyond terrible, and best buy is doing an instant $150 deal that I can just use for the headset that they currently have in stock at the store. I guess the only thing I would be missing out on is not paying tax on the headset and the $50 Oculus credit, which would be nice to have. IDK, this might be the last time I let a promo deal coax me into getting a new phone, because all it has done thus far is pi$$ me off.

30 days is if you have a business account with carrier. If you return it you still have to pay $35 restock plus $25 activation again

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
On preorders Verizon offered 30 return window for online orders. Yes, it would be $35 restock fee but a 256 gig sd card, 6 months Netflix and headsets, think that's worth $35.

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm never doing this sorta Phone Promotion agains! (well I mean it was worth it for the Full Bundle but just for the headset, definitely not!) This is what I get for being $$ Cheap. It's good to save money when you can, but saving time is just as vital. With the fast moving pace of phones these days, getting a phone right at launch and having it all set up nicely is part of the experience! The first two weeks of any "Cutting-Edge" upgrade ought be treated as such. It was very hard for me to fully enjoy my new Phone with all this promotional nonsense!! Making just $10 / hr one could purchase a gear VR in just 13 hrs of work! This is teaching me to save $$ more in order to have more $$ to spend getting things on a more timely fashion. I think of it as a "Convince" tax. It's really not that bad to just get it outside promotions. Free always comes with a "Hidden-Cost" your time and that's precious!

Your going to complain about the little bit of work you had to do to get something for free? Wow, 3rd world problems. I had my order for the phone cancelled 2 times, couldn't get the Ultimate package (no big deal), had to submit 2 times to get the VR package. If you don't like the process then don't do it or buy the product, that simple. There is always iPhone that don't give anything for free.

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Same thing to me. I haven't gotten an email yet with shipping info so my guess it will randomly just "show up"

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I received the email a couple of days ago about my shipment being processed, but no further updates.

So; for those that didn't have a VR before and just got one as part of this deal how do you like it thus far?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll agree with some of what your saying. If you say the word free people jump thru hurdle after hurdle, spend hours on the phone to get it.

Let's break this down a little bit. This $99 bundle is not a $480 savings. The VR should not even be listed as a savings because everyone gets that free anyway. The SD card, is selling for $150 on Samsung and less on Amazon website. The headset is $150 on Amazon. So in reality your saving $195 if you want card and headsets. If you only want one of those items your saving $50 or less. People could just have gotten the free VR and ordered what they wanted and save a lot of headache.

So yes, your 100% correct when you say your time is worth something, how many people sat on hold for over 2 hours plus more then once for this promo, it's nice to save money, but at what point does it become not worth it.

b583d8be9e1de98e52a7ac2f68a7e8fb.jpg

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Well my delivery date of today turned into the 13th, as it was only picked up today by Fedex. needless to say Samsung needs to fire this company handling the fulfillment of their product promotions.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
On preorders Verizon offered 30 return window for online orders. Yes, it would be $35 restock fee but a 256 gig sd card, 6 months Netflix and headsets, think that's worth $35.

Wow! I didn't even see that promotion...not too shabby Verizon, shame I missed out on that. Oh well, it seems once again my impatience has gotten the better of me.

latinoboi30

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine just says has been processed. No shipping dates but when I ordered it yesterday it said ships 2nd day air.

Thats how it was for me as well. After I purchased the bundle, it wasn't until about 1 week later that it actually was sent out and then it was 2 day shipping at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan