07-01-2017 01:54 AM
602 ... 2122232425
tools
    Ok preorders8 plus on 2nd of April from best buy, received phone s8 on the 20th of April. Downloaded shop samsung app. Opened app and entered info and got the option to buy the $99.00 bundle which I did. Never got anything so around the 7th of may I called samsung, told the rep what I had done when no info or email from samsung. On the 9th I got an email to purchase the $99.00 bundle. Entered my credit card info and ordered the Bundle. Got a email saying all was Good from samsung family and friends. On the 11th checked my shop samsung app and it said my order was processed and shipped. No charge on card or FedEx shipping notice. Here on the 22nd called samsung. Was on hold for 45 minutes. Talked to a girl and she said my order had been cancelled. I asked why but she didn't know. I asked again why my order was cancelled and she hung up on me. She also told me I would receive nothing not even the free gear VR and remote. So I called back and was on hold for another 45 minutes and finally talked to another girl that looked at my account and she told me my order had been cancelled so I asked why. She said she didn't know but couldn't change it. She told me she would email me a code to get the free gear VR from Samsung. I won't hold my breath and will be through with the preorder phones form now on. This has been a nightmare from day one.
    Interesting. Submitted my registration 4/21, approved 4/25 (after having to call samsung to get them to honor my best buy receipt), finally got the link for the $99 bundle 5/10. Order confirmation 5/11 And they charged my card. Charge is still there and haven't reissued it. On my status page it says sent, but haven't got a tracking number or anything.
    Emailed them a couple times, because I'm tired of calling, and they responded after about a week stating it is still pending fulfillment and I should still receive the shipping notification . The fact yours said it got canceled is not suprising, they really seem like they have no idea what is going on.
    05-24-2017 02:36 PM
    Well Ill join the "Cancelled Order" club. After being told on 5/16 that my order was still good and they were just trying to fix a glitch on their end with the app trying to charge full price, I was told today that my order has been cancelled because of an issue with their system. I was transferred back to promotions to remedy it but was hung up on. After calling back and talking with promotions they told me I needed to talk to an eCommerce Supervisor and they would fix it without issue. On hold now again, WTF!!!!
    05-24-2017 03:04 PM
    After contacting the most helpful person in promotions ever, (Shawna), she stayed on the line and transferred me to eCommerce again to resolve this since it still showed Confirmed and the order looked good in her system. After 1 hour and 23 mins on hold we both talked to a rude lady that stated its Cancelled because its sold out and nothing can be done, even for those that have entered payment info and been confirmed for weeks. She also stated that the last 2 reps over the past 2 weeks "probably lied to me to get me off the phone". WOW!!! Shawna was a champ at listening and trying, she was even arguing with and telling the eCommerce rep how to check the system and verify all the information. The eCommerce lady kept saying "she doesnt know what I expect her to do". This whole thing was a headache from the start. Last time I pre-order anything from Samsung and Best Buy.

Supposedly, Ill be getting a link to get the free VR and remote within the next 15-30 days since thats still available, ill hold my breath on this one. IM DONE.
    05-24-2017 06:54 PM
    I just don't see how samsung can cancel our orders and get away with it. They are crooks. It still shows on my samsung shop app that my VR bundle was approved but yet they can't fix the problem on their end. It's a crock of crap. And to be on hold for close to an hour and then the rude person hangs up on you. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....!
    05-25-2017 12:08 PM
    I just don't see how samsung can cancel our orders and get away with it. They are crooks. It still shows on my samsung shop app that my VR bundle was approved but yet they can't fix the problem on their end. It's a crock of crap. And to be on hold for close to an hour and then the rude person hangs up on you. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....!
    Yeah, whats the incentive to every pre order from Samsung if they aren't going to honor their own promotion?
    05-25-2017 01:14 PM
    The way this promo was handled is the reason I didn't do the premium care thru Samsung. I can just imagine the pain of filing a claim
    05-25-2017 03:50 PM
    Well it is 5/26/17 and still no update on my Gear VR... Still showing "Approved" and the date range 5/26 - 6/2 for shipping. I'll give it another week but I'm confident at this point, I'm not ever getting my shipment.

UGH,

J
    05-26-2017 08:19 AM
    I've pretty much lost hope. started the process on april 19. website says approved, and gift sent is checked but no other info (been that way for weeks). App says submission approved yet right under that says review in progress. first week of May got the email with link to purchase, did that and got a "order confirmed" email with no other details. credit card showed pending charge so thought all was in order. charge disappears on 5/13. no further info/updates since. no shipping estimates. I don't have time to call them as from posts here it seems a call can take hours.
    05-26-2017 08:54 AM
    I've pretty much lost hope. started the process on april 19. website says approved, and gift sent is checked but no other info (been that way for weeks). App says submission approved yet right under that says review in progress. first week of May got the email with link to purchase, did that and got a "order confirmed" email with no other details. credit card showed pending charge so thought all was in order. charge disappears on 5/13. no further info/updates since. no shipping estimates. I don't have time to call them as from posts here it seems a call can take hours.
    HA! I've actually said I've lost hope a few times yet I find myself checking this thread everyday trying to see if anyone that paid for their bundle during the 1st week of May has received anything.
    05-26-2017 09:20 AM
    HA! I've actually said I've lost hope a few times yet I find myself checking this thread everyday trying to see if anyone that paid for their bundle during the 1st week of May has received anything.
    I've resorted to checking my CC for charge that magically re-appears. though after seeing posts here of peoples orders being cancelled I have a feeling I'm one of them. at this point I wish the promo was for a year of Netflix like with my note5 and 7. less hassle, instant gratification, for a year:-)
    05-26-2017 09:49 AM
    Talked to the promotion people yesterday and they said the bundle is going to come in two packages now. One with the VR and one with the headphones and memory card. Said the VR is being fulfilled by the promotion group still and the rest is being sent by another samsung department. She gave me a direct number for them, but I gave up after being on hold for 30 minutes cause I had things to do. Might try again today though. Whole experience has just been surreal.
    williejr185 likes this.
    05-26-2017 02:49 PM
    Still waiting to ship they weren't kidding saying 6-8 weeks it will prob be that and more. But I'll take it, its free.
    05-26-2017 03:55 PM
    Woot!! I can't believe it!! Finally after a month of this the status changed!!
    Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.-gift-sent-.png
    05-26-2017 07:05 PM
    When it said "Ship Between 5/23/2017 - 5/30/2017 I'll admit I was a bit concerned, granted I'd have to wait out til at least the 30th if it made that time estimate or not, and I was getting somewhat worried that it's the 26th of May and had no email updates or anything yet until I noticed if finally said "Shipped!" just about an hr ago! YAY!!
    05-26-2017 07:08 PM
    When it said "Ship Between 5/23/2017 - 5/30/2017 I'll admit I was a bit concerned, granted I'd have to wait out til at least the 30th if it made that time estimate or not, and I was getting somewhat worried that it's the 26th of May and had no email updates or anything yet until I noticed if finally said "Shipped!" just about an hr ago! YAY!!
    So did yours already state sent before it gave the date range or not? Mine has sent for some time, but never given a ship date or range.
    05-26-2017 08:31 PM
    So did yours already state sent before it gave the date range or not? Mine has sent for some time, but never given a ship date or range.
    Yes, it said "processing-gift" the 3rd of the 4 circles on the chart on Samsung's "check gift status" page and it had been on that since I was aproved on the 26th. Then around May 11th it showed "estimated ship time 23rd-30th" below but still no "gift sent" until just last afternoon the 26th. So I'm guessing if your still stuck on "proccessing-gift" with no estimated ship date showing, you'll most likely soon get that update and then within that expected time it should then go to "gift-sent" Some people had their estimated ship times show as soon as it was sent, and if your near the "26th of April" Aproved time like I was, you'll perhaps get your updates sooon. Seems like they're going on the order of when people were aproved.
    05-27-2017 03:27 AM
    Oh I see, you said yours said "sent" but no estimated ship time. Yeah that's rather odd? I wonder what day were you aproved for and how long did it say "sent" for? Lot's of folks saying it's been glitchy, like some having estimated ship times from 2 weeks past the current date, but then also it showing "sent" and showing up dilivered anyhow 2 days later and not even getting Fedex notice until it delivered to door!
    05-27-2017 03:32 AM
    Woot!! I can't believe it!! Finally after a month of this the status changed!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gift Sent!!!.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	260859
    I know... right!?! I checked on Friday (since it was the first day for the shipping date window) and no change. Checked again Sunday and received the "Gift Sent" status update! Still no shipping information yet but at least the status is progressing. Hope to have it soon!

J
    05-30-2017 08:38 AM
    Approved on 4/27 and FINALLY just received notice that it's shipping and will be here this Thursday. I'll believe it when I see it...
    05-30-2017 03:57 PM
    Took a few days, 4 to be exact, for me to get a Tracking Number Email Finally!! AWESOME!!! Went to "gift-sent" on the 27th of May to getting a tracking number email from samsung around Lunch Time today! I'm guessing it took a day or two logner due to it having to send right before the weekend and because of Memorial Day. LITTERALLY EVEYRHING that could have coincidentally slowed getting this thing down, including Holidays, just had to line right up with my scheduled delivery time!!
    05-30-2017 04:57 PM
    Got my tracking number today 30 May FedEX. Supposed to get it Thursday 1 June. Excited. Took about 6 weeks from buying the S8+. Very happy with it.
    05-30-2017 09:06 PM
    Received my tracking number for FedEx today as well! Says I'm getting my VR on Thursday!

FINALLY!!!!

J
    05-31-2017 07:49 AM
    Finally got an e-mail this morning with a FedEx tracking number. Should be here by next Tuesday!
    05-31-2017 01:02 PM
    Just received shipping for my bundle! Will be here Monday! Placed order May 9th
    06-01-2017 03:00 PM
    Was all set to receive it today, got an email this afternoon with updated tracking info saying it's now coming tomorrow. They just had to throw one last curveball in there for good measure lol...all good, I can make it one more day. Will be a nice little treat on a Friday.
    06-01-2017 03:53 PM
602 ... 2122232425